• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Why do you need 4 copies of it?
Are you secretly Jasec? (><)

I'm secretly JaseC only when it comes to Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil.
I've bought just about every copy of those games regardless of platform that have released in the West.

Damn, Global Offensive with another 80k+ peak today. What a turnaround compared to earlier this year. To think if the fandom wouldn't be fragmented...

Storm360

I've bought just about every copy of those games regardless of platform that have released in the West.

Are you secretly me?

Last I counted, I have at least 10 copies of Snake Eater alone.

derExperte

Is Puddle something like the unfinished swan?

Hm, that's not a comparison I would have ever come up with. Swan is a first person exploration game, Puddle is a game where you try to bring a puddle of liquid to the end of a maze by tilting the world left/right.

Arthea

Hm, that's not a comparison I would have ever come up with. Swan is a first person exploration game, Puddle is a game where you try to bring a puddle of liquid to the end of a maze by tilting the world left/right.

Thanks. It wasn't really comparison, as it's first time I've heard anything about puddle, it was just a thought, or hope, not sure which :)

When I think about it... there is no game I went to such lengths for, except Puzzle Quest (><)
Oh and M&M Clash of Heroes. I played every time I bought them though.

That reminds me. What are games you people play when not sure what to play if at all.

derExperte

Thanks. It wasn't really comparison, as it's first time I've heard anything about puddle, it was just a thought, or hope, not sure which :)

Puddle started as a project by a few students and that version should still be available for free somewhere. But for 1$ minus card money the full version is basically free anyway...

Son of a bi..., nitroglycerine is no joke.

The_Monk

C... Can I join you guys?

Of course, you have been a great help to help me find great deals, letting me know about those bundles and it's great to see such helpful member in this fine Community! Good ol' Turfster! :)

Peace, Love and Understanding |OT|

I like the Zen vibe. I'm in.

----

Ok, on a side note, I've been proceeding on my Dark Souls journey and soon will start one or two games focused on a more Winter vibe since it's getting colder and colder each day. We are also close to the holidays which means I play some games to fit in said "theme". I wonder if someone do this.

Colin.

Is Q.U.B.E worth the £1.39 it is going for? I know in terms of first person puzzle games, it wont hold a candle to the likes of Portal. But I do tend to have a soft spot for these puzzle games.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ok, on a side note, I've been proceeding on my Dark Souls journey and soon will start one or two games focused on a more Winter vibe since it's getting colder and colder each day. We are also close to the holidays which means I play some games to fit in said "theme". I wonder if someone do this.

My top "winter" picks would be Skyrim, Lord of the Rings: War in the North, Alan Wake, or Winter Voices.

Grief.exe

Hey, gave Grief and the rest of SteamGAF here a shout-out in my GAF retrospective:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731362

Thanks for all your help when I first got into Steam and your generous giveaways that helped me start my backlog library

Great writeup! The community of GAF is truly a unique place.
Glad I was able to help.

My top "winter" picks would be Skyrim, Lord of the Rings: War in the North, Alan Wake, or Winter Voices.

If I remember correctly, Monk loves adventure games during the winter. Could be mistaken though.

Colin.

Short and easy but apart from that there's nothing wrong with it. Perfect price.

Thanks for the feedback. Checked it out ages ago, and seemed interesting, but never showed up in any bundle IIRC. At this price, I wont grumble too much if I don't like it.

zkylon

zkylewd
why does everyone keep outbidding me by .50c at the last minute for that amd gold thingie

like seriously I gotta be up all night if I want to secure one of them.

The_Monk

Amazing choices. Skyrim will be one for me to play. War in the North I finished on the console last year but I'll replay it soon on PC too. I even have the Artbook and the official soundtrack, glad to see someone mentioning that game. Never heard about Winter Voices! You got me interested in that one.

Batman games with some nice snow are also a good choice.

Turfster

why does everyone keep outbidding me by .50c at the last minute for that amd gold thingie

Why not just use one of the Buy Now options (one that doesn't have crazy "shipping")?
It's what I did. People keep overbidding you, and usually end up paying even more than a buy now would be.

MRORANGE

t1387476000z0.png

How voting works:

- Vote for up to 5 games that have come out in 2013 on Steam (Early Access games count AND games re-released on Steam - example: FFVIII or Sir, you are being hunted.)
- Games that are listed higher in poll receive more points, total tally will be added up after this thread closes and the results posted in the 2014 thread.

Example:

5. Shenmue 3 (1 point)
4. Mavis Beacon (2 points)
3. Half-Life 3 (3 points)
2. Alien Colonial Marines (4 points)
1. Bad Rats (5 points)

Use this format in your post:

SEND THIS IN A PM TO ME, SO WE DONT CLUTTER THE THREAD.

Code:
Code:
[plain]
[URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=93050866&postcount=9726"][B]Steam GOTY Voting[/B][/URL]

1.[/plain]

People who have been added to the poll so far (send a pm if you can't see your name.):

28 Posts Later, Accent, adaen, AkuMifune, Alessandro, alr1ght, Angel Abaddon, ArjanN, arts&crafts, AScotAbroad, Atraveller, Backlogger, Baron von Loathsome, Baron_Calamity, BennyBlanco, Big_Al, bigwinnerx, blackMamba1187, Blizzard, Blue Ninja, bobnowhere, Boss Doggie, Caerith, Camel Master, Casimir, Chairmanchuck, Cheddahz, chronomac, cicero, corrosivefrost, Cth, ctw0e, Dambrosi, dani_dc, dave is ok, DeadlyVirus, Declarius, denx, derExperte, Derrick01, destx, Dice, didamangi, Dimitri2401, Dolor, Dr Dogg, DukeBobby, Durante, Dusk Golem, dxhc99, DXLelouch153, Eanan, EmergentFocus, eyeless, Ezra2680, Faabulous, fantomena, Fare Godmace, Firehead, Fox318, gatisimo, Glass Rebel, Grief.exe, grindamasta, GuardsmanGreg, HalfwayOrb, Hawkie, hitoshi, HP_Wuvcraft, I H8 Memes, Interfectum, Intheflorsh, intheinbetween, Iron Badger, Jame Retief, JaseC, Jawmuncher, Jørdan, jshackles, kafiend, kami_sama, Karu, KenOD, Khronico, Knurek, kulapik, kurahador, Lain, legacyzero, Letters, Lingitiz, Locust, Lostconfused, MakeshiftChef, mannerbot, MarcoZombieCannon, Mengy, Milamber, Mister_Bubbles, MMBosstones86, More_Badass, MulderWasTaken, Nabs, NaM, nexen, NingenJanai, not psycho, Nzyme32, oipic, OldAsUrSock, Omi, PandaPedinte, Parsnip, PetriP-TNT, phantomspiker, PhaZZe, Phinor, PriitV, Rand6, random, Rayge, RealityExists, Rhete, ricochetguro, RionaaM, Robert J. Sullivan, Roboleon, Ryne, Santiako, sapsari, Servizio, Shorty11857, SinineSiil, Slyjss, Smash88, snoopeasystreet, sofiabudapest, spinalscratch, SpongeBob NoPants, sprinkles, Storm360, Tellaerin, Tenrius, Tesseract, The_Monk, TheFightingFish, theMrCravens, Think Different, thrillho, toddhunter, Tomodachi, valouris, vazduh, Vecks, vermadas, WeaselJCD, wetflame, Whools, Widdly Scuds, Wok, Xavin, xenoflux2113, ZeroCoin, Zia, zkylon,

Grief.exe

Just noticed my one year GAF anniversary was back in July! Been a great year with you guys!

That is eBay in a nutshell. People don't bid on things, they wait until the last minute to try to snipe it.

Colin.

That is eBay in a nutshell. People don't bid on things, they wait until the last minute to try to snipe it.

I'm one of those. I tend to use Goofbid with auctions. Since I have a tendency to forget, and remember when the auction is long over. Lost out on some good stuff due to that. I do a quick search for the item first elsewhere, and check the lowest buy it now on eBay. Sometimes, the lowest buy it now can work out around the same, if not less on occasion. Those last minute bidders can get crazy.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Since were about 10 days from Winter sale, I thought it would be a nice idea to have a Steam specific GOTY award.

Do games like Final Fantasy VII and VIII count? They were released on Steam in 2013 but are just re-releases of old games that have been available on PC for years. Same goes for all the Topware stuff that was recently re-released.

zkylon

zkylewd
Why not just use one of the Buy Now options (one that doesn't have crazy "shipping")?
It's what I did. People keep overbidding you, and usually end up paying even more than a buy now would be.
because they all cost like twice what I wish I was paying :p

people suck :(

imma just go watch some new girl and cry :(

Since were about 10 days from Winter sale, I thought it would be a nice idea to have a Steam specific GOTY award.

Steam GOTY Award.

How voting works:

- Vote for up to 5 games that have come out in 2013 on Steam (Early Access games count)
- Games that are listed higher in poll receive more points, total tally will be added up after this thread closes.
- Feel free to give reasons or just post a list of your top 5 games on Steam for this year.
is there a list of "nominees" somewhere?

The_Monk

MRORANGE this year I've been mostly catching up with older titles, I'm going to see what games I've finished that are only from 2013 but I'm not sure if I can fill 5 titles from 2013.

But I'll be sure to vote, thanks for making this good sir.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I registered on Bundle Bandits to receive an email when the site went live. And I got it. And everybody's email is on the CC: field.

Then I quickly received another email, with everybody's email on the BCC: field, including mine.

So now everybody has a list of every email registered on that site. Great!

MRORANGE

Do games like Final Fantasy VII and VIII count? They were released on Steam in 2013 but are just re-releases of old games that have been available on PC for years. Same goes for all the Topware stuff that was recently re-released.

Yeah, I see why not.

we doing it in this thread? Just asking because we are almost expiring this one

I'm in but why don't you make a separate thread?

So a new thread then I guess? I don't want it to conflict with the other major voting thread.

Jawmuncher

So as long as they're on Steam it can be picked?
Was about to make a list then realized I didn't play much steam exclusives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom