• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Sale: Countdown to 2014 (starts tomorrow)

jbug617

Banned
Here is what I think the week sales will be:

Madden 25- $29.99
Diablo 3- $40.19
GTA V- $40.19
SSX- $4.99
Hitman Absolution- $7.99
Turbo Super Stunt Squad- $14.99
NCAA Football 14- $14.99
Midnight Club LA- $3.74
Civilization Revolution- $7.49
Fight Night Champion- $4.99
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men- $4.99
Bully: Scholarship Edition- $3.74
Deadlight- $4.94
The Wolf Among Us Ep1: Free
Brothers- $4.94
CS: GO- $4.94
Ducktales: Remasters- $7.49
TMNT: OOTS- $7.49
Foul Play- $7.49
Charlie Murder- $3.29
Orc Attack- $4.99
Flashback- $3.29
Mini Ninjas- $4.99
Gotham City Imposters- $4.94
I Am Alive- $4.94
Frogger- $2.49

Daily Deal tomorrow seems to be Popcap Games

Peggle- $.99
Peggle Nights (Expansion to Peggle)- $.99
PvZ- $1.49
Zuma's Revenge- $.99
Feeding Frenzy- $.99
Feeding Frenzy 2- $.99

Gold Exclusive

Pool Nation- $4.99
A.R.E.S- $7.49
The Bridge- $4.99
Moon Diver- $7.49
El Shaddai- $4.99
Eternal Sonata- $3.74
Beautiful Katamari- $9.99

sangreal

Madden 25- $29.99
Diablo 3- $40.19
GTA V- $40.19
SSX- $4.99
Hitman Absolution- $7.99
NCAA Football 14- $14.99
Midnight Club LA- $3.74
Deadlight- $4.94
Brothers- $4.94
Foul Play- $7.49
Charlie Murder- $3.29
Orc Attack- $4.99
Flashback- $3.29
Mini Ninjas- $4.99
I Am Alive- $4.94
Frogger- $2.49
Feeding Frenzy 2- $.99

Daily Deal tomorrow will be Popcap Games

Peggle- $.99
PvZ- $1.49
Zuma's Revenge- $.99

Gold Exclusive

Pool Nation- $4.99
A.R.E.S- $7.49
The Bridge- $4.99
Moon Diver- $7.49
El Shaddai- $4.99
Eternal Sonata- $3.74

thank god I previewed my post halfway though before I finished typing all these up

feeding frenzy is part of tomorrow's daily though, not weekly

catmario

Oh, man. Eternal Sonata is too expensive in korea. Even though, It is sale period, korean marketplace's price is about $16.3!!!! (original price is.... $66 lol)

If I was have US Gold account....

NeoGash

Madden 25- $29.99
Diablo 3- $40.19
GTA V- $40.19
SSX- $4.99
Hitman Absolution- $7.99
NCAA Football 14- $14.99
Midnight Club LA- $3.74
Deadlight- $4.94
Brothers- $4.94
Foul Play- $7.49
Charlie Murder- $3.29
Orc Attack- $4.99
Flashback- $3.29
Mini Ninjas- $4.99
I Am Alive- $4.94
Frogger- $2.49

Peggle- $.99
PvZ- $1.49
Zuma's Revenge- $.99
Feeding Frenzy 2- $.99

Gold Exclusive

Pool Nation- $4.99
A.R.E.S- $7.49
The Bridge- $4.99
Moon Diver- $7.49
El Shaddai- $4.99
Eternal Sonata- $3.74

All these deals are live for me, just search for them manually on 360 (Australia). El Shaddai is not sold digitally on the AU marketplace for some strange reason, and Mini Ninjas Adventures Kinect is $0.99, not to be confused with Mini Ninjas for $4.99 above, which was a full retail title (just for those wondering).

Eternal Sonata is $7.48 AU, so you are better off maybe getting a real copy on ebay or somewhere. The PS3 version also has bonuses not found in the Xbox version, which while not crucial, it is still the better version to get.

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm going to pick up Eternal Sonata tomorrow and I just might add the funds to get Brothers as well!

SSX for $5.
Yay or nay? Is SSX more about tricks or racing?

This SSX is more about racing, for the better or worse. It's probably my biggest disappointment this gen, but I was a huge SSX fan back in the day, so yeah. I don't think $5 is a bad price for it though!

SSX for $5.
Yay or nay? Is SSX more about tricks or racing?

It's more about trying not to fall into a bottomless pit than anything, but for $5 I say go for it. I paid $60 (eh...) and had some decent fun with it.

Just don't go into it expecting anything near as great as SSX Tricky or 3.

So far

Forza Horizon
Wolf Among Us
Brothers
Charlie Murder

tumblr_lx6tic5sFo1r9x0sdo1_400.gif

And maybe El Shaddai since I really enjoyed the demo

NeoGash

I'm tempted to get Eternal Sonata as well. Anyone know if it's aged well at all?

It's a JRPG, so it has aged well. Beautiful music and art style. If you can get it for $3.50, then get it. I'm in AU so I can't. The PS3 version has more content (costumes and extra story sequences/cut scene or two) .

So far, I have gotten;

Forza Horizon SP. $15.
Brothers. $5.
Plants vs. zombies. $1.70
Peggle Nights. $1.
Mini Ninjas Adventures Kinect. $1.
The Wolf Among Us. FREE.
Freefall Racers Kinect. $1.
Doodle Jump Kinect. $1.

Some good presents for my young sister's Xbox. She is only 6 and I bought her her own Xbox 360 and Kinect when she was 5. MS tried screwing me over this Christmas with her account, and after over an hour and a half of my time wasted on customer support, all I got was them trying to sell me pre-paid cards. Almost ruined a little girls Christmas and my Christmas eve the bastards, luckily my account could buy them on her Xbox which means it screws with my other 360 (I have 4, one is broken. Account system is fucked on Xbox).

Here's to hoping for some more good sales. I was disappointed up until today, but now I'm happy. Still wanting Metro SP!

(I Am Alive is a good game only if you like survival games with tough supply limitations [food/water/health etc.]. I hated it at first, but then I liked it. Definitely not for everyone if you are after an action game. It grew on me, it might do the same for you.)

(Was the Castle Crashers 'Pink Knight' always free? It is now, and I got it for my sister. Pretty sure it used to cost money....)

Does Midnight Club sale include the expansion pack as well?

Also when does it expire?

EDIT:

Holy fuck, went to Xbox.com & to download some stuff & not only my former MS points that was supposed to be turned into currency is nowhere to be found, but I can't even download free stuff untill I put down a credit card on file.

Is deleting my credit card from MS a hell long battle that is nearly impossible like it previously was?
Like having to call them, arguing with them & the card never truly being deleted from their systems.

NeoGash

Does Midnight Club sale include the expansion pack as well?

Also when does it expire?

EDIT:

Holy fuck, went to Xbox.com & to download some stuff & not only my former MS points that was supposed to be turned into currency is nowhere to be found, but I can't even download free stuff untill I put down a credit card on file.

Is deleting my credit card from MS a hell long battle that is nearly impossible like it previously was?
Like having to call them, arguing with them & the card never truly being deleted from their systems.

Yep, can't use your Microsoft/Xbox balance on Xbox.com, must use credit card or paypal. It is easy to delete now thankfully. You used to have to wrestle with them, tooth and nail to get a CC removed. Now it is just an option on your Xbox, did it the other day.

And LOL @ needing a CC to download free shit. Fucking Microsoft, never change,

Jhoan

God dammit, that is one crazy ass sale. Exactly what I wanted save for ME3 DLC which is yet to go on sale and Banjo Kazooie/Tooie.

Plus between the Steam sale, my debit card is going to take a massive beating along with my poor USB drive. I have way too many games on my download queue and not enough space to download them all; my HD is already full. Might have to beat a GoD game or two ASAP to clear out some space.

Definitely plan on checking out:

Charlie Murder,
Brothers after hearing about it on the Giant Bombcast GOTY Day 1; go figure
Flashpoint; maybe but I need to hear some impressions and watch a video or two before deciding whether to bite
Foul Play; maybe because I have a feeling it'll be cheaper pretty soon so I'm a little bit wary about checking it out. On the other hand, I'm a huge beat em up game fan so the beat em up fan in me says to check it out now.
Mini Ninjas; maybe since I heard good things about it here on GAF but my storage issues prevail so it would have to added to an already massive backlog of digital 360 games.
Civilization: Revolution; maybe. I've never played a Sid Meier game before but I've been wanting to play this game ever since I heard Brenda Romero mentioning it being one of her favorite games in her keynote at this year's Games For Change Festival.

Moon Diver would have also been nice having played and enjoyed the demo but unfortunately, I don't have XBL Gold any more. I forgot that I have about $11.50 in MSP converted to real world money so I could use those funds to save some money and buy a few games. I did add The Wolf Among Us to my download queue.

Charlie Murder tomorrow:
BcNBsMoCcAAfPm1.jpg

Madden 25- $29.99
Diablo 3- $40.19
GTA V- $40.19
SSX- $4.99
Hitman Absolution- $7.99
NCAA Football 14- $14.99
Midnight Club LA- $3.74
Deadlight- $4.94
Brothers- $4.94
Foul Play- $7.49
Charlie Murder- $3.29
Orc Attack- $4.99
Flashback- $3.29
Mini Ninjas- $4.99
I Am Alive- $4.94
Frogger- $2.49

Peggle- $.99
PvZ- $1.49
Zuma's Revenge- $.99
Feeding Frenzy- $.99
Feeding Frenzy 2- $.99

Gold Exclusive

Pool Nation- $4.99
A.R.E.S- $7.49
The Bridge- $4.99
Moon Diver- $7.49
El Shaddai- $4.99
Eternal Sonata- $3.74

Now that's a sale, will definitely be buying Charlie Murder and Ducktales. Bought Brothers at release, but still haven't played it and Deadlight is just awful...avoid at all costs.

lfc11

Neo Member
Bought Brothers, Eternal Sonata and Fight Night Champion. Pretty good deals. I can finally use my Microsoft credits.

NeoGash

Can you play brothers with 2 players ? Seems like the perfect coop game to play with the girlfriend

Single player only, which is unfortunate. It wouldn't work though because it was a design decision to let you control both at the same time with either of the analog sticks. Disappointing, but acceptable.

EDIT: OMG beaten like your younger brother who keeps dying and making the game revert back to the last checkpoint in a co-op game....which won't happen in Brothers as it has no co-op.

No freakin' way. At least not for me. I really liked Deadlight and it is an awesome deal for that pricetag.

I just can't agree. The only good thing about Deadlight was the presentation, everything else was just terrible.

Voice acting, pacing, platforming, combat, it was just awful across the board and it's the main reason why I'm not at all hyped for Rime.

Top Bottom