• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Franchises/Series should get the "Musou" Treatment?

Yea, I played that soul calibur Wii game. It wasn't that great. I want somebody to do it right. Just let Koei have at it Namco, hehe.

Anung

Un Rama
When the LOTR movies came out EA released some beat em ups based on them. THey are hard as fuck, though

I'd definitely buy a Hobbit brawler, though. Teaming up with my dwarf brothers to cleanse the land of goblins and orcs while trying not to fall off a mountain sounds so awesome

I loved the two PS2 LOTR Hack n' Slash games. ROTK in particular is probably the best movie-game tie in (apart from Spider-man 2) ever. Would love to play them again.

Evilisk

Yea, I played that soul calibur Wii game. It wasn't that great. I want somebody to do it right. Just let Koei have at it Namco, hehe.

I just realized, it's Tecmo Koei now isn't it, and don't Tecmo hate Namco? (If so, then it's never going to happen :/)

LPQPRtq.jpg

Fire Emblem Orochi.....makes too much sense to exist unfortunately.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Fire Emblem
Super Smash Bros
Pretty Cure
Kill la Kill

TreIII

Megaman, all thoes megamans all those powers. metal blade through hundreds of mettars or X blasting through reploids, or zero and his blade.. damn now i want it.

I was thinking that the "Elf Wars" (took place between the MMX and MMZero series) would be the opportune place to have such a game. Or maybe have it take place after Command Mission's spinoff timeline, so you'd have access to more interesting characters, like Marino and Steel Massimo!

The Lord of the Rings

When the LOTR movies came out EA released some beat em ups based on them. THey are hard as fuck, though

They actually are very easy once you realize you can mash the Parry button and become invincible until you decide to stop.

I remember the ROTK game being one of my favorite random brawlers of the PS2 era. All the heroes played differently and were equally fun. And you got to kill a million orcs.

RalchAC

I loved the two PS2 LOTR Hack n' Slash games. ROTK in particular is probably the best movie-game tie in (apart from Spider-man 2) ever. Would love to play them again.

Mmmm... I've spent hundred of hours playing ROTK co-op with some friends on the PS2. We ended having every single character unlocked and at level 20. Sad they didn't make an HD port for the PS3... they aren't in PS2 classics either, right?

Already exists on PSP. It's garbage, though.

It was fun, dude. There was nothing to write about the game, but it was enough for some mindless fun. I completed the game and even if I think it was a 6.5 or so, I didn't find myself rage quitting it or anything.

It's 9.99 (on PSN), so no problem. It's not a game to spend 40€/$ though. The 15-20 range is perfect :)

iMerc

The problem probably lies in who'd you include. You can't really put in the whole teams, but also putting in just Reds would be kind of lame since a lot of them are pretty similar, sword-wielding with a flame element.

The only thing I could think of is controlling the Mega Zords.

that wouldn't be a problem at all. just keep the main cast from the 'mighty morphin' era and have other series' rangers as 'unlockables'.

holy shit, imagine being overwhelmed by a swarm of putties/tengas/cogs, then having to call the megazord in real-time to kick some ass…….

why has THIS game NOT been made yet?

Takao

Banned
I just realized, it's Tecmo Koei now isn't it, and don't Tecmo hate Namco? (If so, then it's never going to happen :/)

Tecmo Koei and Bandai Namco have collaborated on the Dynasty Warriors Gundam, and One Piece: Pirate Warriors games.

Dragon Ball Z I always hoped that Dragonball could one day get the Musou treatment.

Really? Dragon Ball is primarily a series with one on one fights. The only times I can recall anyone going against one billion troops are when Goku fought the Red Ribbon Army, and maybe Cell/Boo fighting off the army.

Sentai. The Kamen Rider Musou game worked really well in terms of its story and structure and a Sentai one could be the same or even better. So much history to mine.

lupin23rd

Fire Emblem would work well as several others have mentioned.

The one I think would really be solid would be Yakuza (and I see one other person agrees). You've got several different groups all over Japan with several member each so filling out a full roster would be a non-issue, and you can easily toss in hundreds of yakuza (or gang members or hosts) to fill out the enemy quota.

Guaranteed million seller IMO

RalchAC

I want to beat up enemy biker gangs as Kanji in the Persona 4 universe

Now I want a Persona Musou.

We already had a fighter and a dancing game and a Persona: Etrian Odyssey edition are announced. Milk it more SEGA!

They could do it after Persona 5 is released, so the character roster will be bigger.

I think there was a Tales of musou game too. Was it developed by Omega Force? Was it any good? I think Tales of series could be ideal for this treatment using a battle system like the one in Tales of Graces F.

Mephala

SNK Musou
Jump Musou Stars
Marvel Musou

Fire Emblem would be fantastic but I would secretly prefer Fire Emblem get the Mount & Blade treatment.

Sailor Moon
Sailor Moon

This. So much. I've already had ideas spinning in my head for a while...

Chapters could be divided by arcs, with each level having different enemies and bosses based on monsters and subordinates (Jadeite, Iron Mouse, etcetera), eventually leading to the big bad at the end of each.

Dark Kingdom, Black Moon Clan, Death Busters, Dead Moon Circus, Shadow Galactica...there's a lot of enemies to draw from.

You can add more Sailor Soldiers as you get further into the story mode. Like start off with just Moon, but Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, and Venus as you get further into first chapter. Then Pluto in the second; Uranus, Neptune, and Saturn in the third, Chibi Moon and Super Moon in the fourth; Eternal Moon, Cosmos, and the Starlights in the final.
Maybe throw in stuff like Princess Moon from PGSM in there, too, as bonuses. Oh, and Tuxedo Mask and the Moonlight Knight, too!

They have a ton of attacks from all of the versions (anime, manga, live-action) that they can use as regular and Musou attacks. For instance, Princess Moon could have this:

iQUZ6RZQsYELT.gif

But maybe sped up a bit, though. Hah.

It's not the first anime that would get the treatment, and the series is big in a lot of countries, and with a new anime coming out soon, I think it's a good time to start making video games again.
The old beat 'em ups were pretty damn good, especially the MegaDrive/Genesis game and the arcade game. The series works pretty well in a beat 'em up environment, though they never really show off how powerful they're really supposed to be. I'd buy this game day one if it ever got made. Hell, I'd import a copy day one, even if I can't play it on whatever it gets released on. Hah.

Power Rangers would be mad awesome, too. I've never played Fire Emblem myself, but I'm sure it would make a good game as well. Hell, just make one for everything. :p
There's a lot of good suggestions here that would make for some pretty awesome games.

ReRixo

Banned
Nothing. These games are so shit. I was so excited to finally get a One Piece game on PS3, but once I played it I realised that these games are just cash grabbing pieces of shit which appeal to gamers who like easy, mindless games (most gamers). Fuck Musou.

never gonna happen but, Suikoden (series). its a war game anyway so it has big battles and theres 108 good characters each game (though a good chuck arent usually playable).

Can you imagine playing Luca Blight on the battlfield.

Esura

Banned
Hyperdimension Neptunia. Not a big franchise but just imagining Neptune and the other Goddesses in their HDD forms taking on armies of dogoos and shit would be major sick.

Top Bottom