• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. - Will you be getting the WiiU, 3DS or both versions?

If you're buying Smash Bros. For _____, which version will you buy?

Results are only viewable after voting.
If there are differences in content between the two other than just graphical quality, I'll be forced to get both. I would prefer that all the content was on the Wii U version so I didn't have to buy the 3DS version (I don't like playing these kinds of games on the cramped portable controls) but I'll do what must be done.

flippedb

Banned
If there are differences in content between the two other than just graphical quality, I'll be forced to get both. I would prefer that all the content was on the Wii U version so I didn't have to buy the 3DS version (I don't like playing these kinds of games on the cramped portable controls) but I'll do what must be done.

I believe the stages are completely different between the two versions.

Majestad

Banned
Has it been said if the games will have an adventure mode like Melee? I think something like that would work specially well with the 3DS version.

Zemm

I don't have a 3DS so I only have one choice. I do wonder how the gamepad will hold up with a fighting game though, might need to get a pro controller at some point.

The poll question confuses me

"If you're buying Smash Bros. For _____, which version will you buy?"

With possible answers of Wii U, 3DS, and Both

So how the hell does the poll question make sense? What does the For blank part even mean? Blanks indicate areas to be filled in with answers hence you get

"If you're buying Smash Bros. For Wii U,, which version will you buy?"

or

"If you're buying Smash Bros. For 3DS, which version will you buy?"

or

"If you're buying Smash Bros. For Both, which version will you buy?"

I'm so confused :(

Or is the blank supposed to be the reason why you're buying super smash in the first place? but that would indicate For is not the start of a new sentence and then shouldn't be capitalized

The poll question confuses me

"If you're buying Smash Bros. For _____, which version will you buy?"

With possible answers of Wii U, 3DS, and Both

So how the hell does the poll question make sense? What does the For blank part even mean? Blanks indicate areas to be filled in with answers hence you get

"If you're buying Smash Bros. For Wii U,, which version will you buy?"

or

"If you're buying Smash Bros. For 3DS, which version will you buy?"

or

"If you're buying Smash Bros. For Both, which version will you buy?"

I'm so confused :(

Or is the blank supposed to be the reason why you're buying super smash in the first place? but that would indicate For is not the start of a new sentence and then shouldn't be capitalized

The official names of the games are Super Smash Bros. For Wii U and Super Smash Bros. For 3DS.

Anth0ny

3DS version only. There would have to be some kind of amazing, breathtaking, "you have to get this system right fucking now" reason for me to want to purchase a Wii U solely for Smash. Not to mention that the netcode would have to NOT be made out of wet toilet paper.

I'll be your partner in teams

Wii U. I only tolerate handhelds because they have exclusives, there's no other reason I'd play anything on that tiny piece of shit screen.

trixx

Wii u version for me. Everyone just comes over to my place and plays. I might get 3ds version but prob for my little bro

Local multiplayer all day for me

Captain Failure

Neo Member
Both hopefully. None of my friends have Wii U so i'm hoping Ill be able to play with them online on the 3DS version. Wii U version for when they come over.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
3DS for now only. Wii U is gonna have to pull some crazy miracle shit to get me to buy one anytime before it hits the giveaway bin.

Jagsrock

Banned
Since I own both platforms now I see no reason not to get both if they turn out to be as awesome as I think they will. My only concern is how well the 3ds version will handle control wise but for now i'm still saying both.

Vardhan

Most likely I'll be getting it for the 3DS. I don't own a Wii U yet, but if I do in the future, I'll definitely get the HD version.

Majestad

Banned
Since I own both platforms now I see no reason not to get both if they turn out to be as awesome as I think they will. My only concern is how well the 3ds version will handle control wise but for now i'm still saying both.

The smash games were played with sticks instead of a dpad, so I think the 3DS version will work great.

zroid

Banned
Both, although if they're released simultaneously, I will probably get Wii U first and then 3DS a bit later.

trixx

The smash games were played with sticks instead of a dpad, so I think the 3DS version will work great.

That reminds me i'm not a huge fan of the circle pad as well.
I hope wii u pro controller goes on sale soon, my friends are going to cry for gamepad if not

MAtgS

Not only am I getting both, I'm thinking of getting physical AND digital copies of both. So I can always have Smash ready to go at any time but not have to worry about losing the game If for some reason I must replace my systems.

& then I'd have to thrown in a bunch of pro controllers too.

Thanks to the E³ deal I'm getting both for around the same cost of the Wii U version.

I still most likely would of gotten both anyway, since the content differs in each version.

Right now I only have a Wii U, so... just for the Wii U. But if I can get a 2 or 3DS for cheap enough, I'll certainly buy both.

I'm just not sure if I'd want to get the better 3DS XL or the cheaper 2DS.

But I've got this rare Wii Classic Controller from Japan that looks like a Gamecube controller, so I'm all set for the Wii U version, at least.

3bdelilah

Banned
I don't have a Wii U yet, but I'd definitely buy it for the U. For me, Smash is one of the best co-op "couch" games, so I actually don't see why someone would prefer the 3DS version above the Wii U. Yeah online maybe, but for me that isn't as fun as playing with someone next to you.

Edit: What the fell, I can't vote?
Edit 2: ah, guess I have to be a regular member in stead of junior. Off topic: any idea how many posts I need to be a "regular"?

I'll be your partner in teams

iuqtDeujThtXl.gif

Tenki

Probably both, as I did with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. The Wii U to play with my friends and the 3DS one to play when I'm not home.

Camwi

Both, eventually.

And can I say that it's nice that even Wario isn't immune to getting banned for thread-shitting? Dude seems like a stand-up guy most of the time, but that really wasn't necessary.

Top Bottom