• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Brinkman answers some mlb2k7 Q's in his 1up Blog

Fatalah

http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5827967

Grooming tips and Q&A
posted at 02/08/2007 05:45 PM PST
JimmyS: How come you have MLB 2K7 on all platforms except for the Wii? Do you have any plans to put the game on the Wii this year at all? TIA

Brinkman: We don't have MLB 2K7 on Wii this year. We want to spend some time to really utilize the controls and this year wasn't going to provide us that time. Look for MLB 2K8 on Wii.

scottdau: In MVP you could change the names of scab players. Will you be able to do that with MLB2k7? Also will their names be in the audio bank? Example Bonds name was in MVP. Thanks and great job. I can tell you and your team have put a lot of work into this game and that is all I can ask for!

Brinkman: You can edit just about every characteristic of every player. From his name to his look and size all the way down to his accessories. Does he hold his batting gloves while running the bases or are they in his back pocket, or BOTH. It's up to you. We tried to get all the MLB players as accurate as possible but if you want to change anything it's in your control.

Kccitystar: I was eagerly anticipating the release of this game for the PC platform and came to a realization that it's not going to happen for the time being. Is there any chance that we'll see a PC version of the game during it's lifecycle?

Brinkman: Not this year. I can't really say what the future will hold.

JonahFalcon: Yeah, Ben. You're a redhead and that beard doesn't suit you at all. Need to be clean-shaven. ;)

Brinkman: Hmm...I think the color of your monitor needs some calibration... I have dark brown hair and a brown beardJ. My wife shares your sentiments though and the beard is gone.

sfGiantsFanforLife: I'm a die hard Giants fan, and my brother's a die hard A's fan, and my question is from my brother and I, will there be a two player option for the Franchise or Season mode during the season? So that there would be a chance for the both of us to clash together. at the end of the season for a 89' remake of a Bay Bridge World Series.

Brinkman: You can play up to 4 players in Franchise and relive the A's victory in 89!

jackcarver: The graphics are amazing, but why does Manny Ramirez have a shaved head in the video interview that I saw with you? Do all players have the same hair length as they did last year. Its not a big deal, but it does take away from those visuals.

Brinkman: I'm not sure why Manny has a shaved head in that video but rest assured he has braids in our game. Players will have all different types of hair to match their real life persona and look. My favorite is probably Bronson Arroyo (rocker hair) and Jose Reyes (puffs)

Sandberg23: Ben, Nice to see you're a fan of Ryno -- I'm a die hard myself and traveled to Cooperstown to see him enshrined. Anyway, will there be any classic teams in this year's game -- or any plans for it in the future? I liked when Take Two released the World Series game in 2005 with teams from past Fall Classics, but I'd love to see a baseball game that emulates the old RBI arcade game with each team packed with its all-time stars, or classic teams like the 1984 Cubs.

Brinkman: Ryno getting enshrined was pretty cool. That was my first trip the HOF. I can't wait to go back! We will have classic teams but unfortunately due to licensing issues we can't stock them with real players and stats. It's a bummer but there is no way around it.

sfGiantsFanforLife: Hey Ben, I was wondering, how is the achievement system going to play out for MLB 2K7 on the 360?

Brinkman: We have a whack of achievements you can unlock throughout the course of the game. I will not get into too much detail but there are 33 total Achievements waiting to be unlocked.

Baseball_Gamer: Watching a recent gametrailers interview, I saw the new layout of franchise mode. Looks great. I was especially impressed by the "Barry Zito to make Debut" headline....Will that happen throughout franchise if players change teams?

Brinkman: Yep. If big name players are also acquired via trade or free agency throughout the year, that will also trigger headlines in the "Buzz Box." There are more than 200 events that can trigger headlines with nearly 2000 headline possibilities. It's a really cool new mechanic that keeps you immersed in the franchise.

Zep

Banned
Amused_To_Death said:
They had enough time to do a PS3 version but not a Wii?

Ok but you guys would've been the first ones complaining about how shitty the game is...Entertain the thought that they might build something up for next years game. The last thing you want is the current-gen version with Wii controls slapped on.

painey

for the love of christ PAL version.. no one asks if there will be a pal version.. surely i cant be the only person in europe who wants to play this ****ing game?!

Zep

Banned
Stolen from OS...But someone posted a summary of a GameInformer review.

The March 2007 issue of GameInformer has a review for 2k7. They gave it an 8.5 (compared to a 7.5 or so last year if I remember correctly). They pretty much raved about the graphics, and were impressed with how much the core gameplay has been tightened up. They mention that the fielders no longer lurch after the ball like drunks, which is nice to hear because although I liked the fielder momentum last year it was definitely over done and not implemented very well. Their biggest gripe actually was how fast pitchers tire. I think that can be adjusted with sliders though, I hope. Overall it was a pretty favorable review. They didn't touch on the franchise mode as much as I would have liked, but I'm still excited about this game and MLB 07 The Show.

Fatalah

Big Zep said:
Stolen from OS...But someone posted a summary of a GameInformer review.

Wow, awesome find dude. Wonder if its legit.

We need to do some research. What did MVP 05 get from GI? What did last year's "Show" get?

Gotta put this score into some context.

Branduil

We don't have MLB 2K7 on Wii this year. We want to spend some time to really utilize the controls and this year wasn't going to provide us that time. Look for MLB 2K8 on Wii.

Is this the first confirmation that we will eventually be getting the 2K series on the Wii? Great news if true, I'd really like to see NBA 2K on the Wii.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Fatalah said:

We need to do some research. What did MVP 05 get from GI? What did last year's "Show" get?

It's legit, I have the issue. They gush on and on about the graphics. Says gameplay has been smoothed out but is unchanged. Transition between pitching view and fielding leads to disorientation, making grounders kind of hard to handle. Pitcher tires out, and quick. No mention of sliders. Front end of the game "would appear to be excavted from an archeological dig." No clue what that means. Says MLB2k7 is a better game (couldn't get much worse than the trash 2k6 was) but most of the new content is visual.

Second opinion adds that the commentary is "even more painful this year" as well.

I dunno, it's a rental for me. After last year (and this GI issue is WACKY on reviews), I don't have much faith on the important stuff. Gameplay.

Fatalah said:

MVP '05 got 8.5, The Show got 7.5

Zep

Banned
Kintaro said:
It's legit, I have the issue. They gush on and on about the graphics. Says gameplay has been smoothed out but is unchanged.

Wasnt expecting anything else.

Pitcher tires out, and quick.

Better have online sliders for this.

Second opinion adds that the commentary is "even more painful this year" as well.

Makes no sense when it was the best thing about the game last year.

Thanks for the breakdown.

bluemax

Banned
KCCitystar was one of the best modders for MVP 05. Glad to see him looking out for the PC Community. As a die hard PC baseball gamer I'm sad to see no PC version on the horizon.

...That Toys R Us link is interesting. Strangely, when you search for the game, the 360 version doesn't show up, but PS2/XBOX/PS3 do.

Top Bottom