• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Haruna Ai beats out Thailand to become Miss International Queen 2009 (Transsexual)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Japanese television host Haruna Ai, 37, won the the "Miss International Queen 2009" transvestite beauty pageant held in Pattaya, Thailand.

Haruna was among 18 contestants in the last round of the contest held Saturday night at Tiffany?s Show which is billed the world's largest transsexual cabaret.
Kyodo reported that Haruna was awarded $10,000 (RM34,125), a tiara and a trophy.

The first runner-up was Thai contestant Kangsadal Wongdusadeekul and the second runner-up was Brazilian Daniela Marques.

Twenty-one contestants from around the world, including those from Japan, Thailand, the Philippines, the United States, China and Brazil, participated in the fifth pageant, according to the organizers.

The Miss International Queen contest is aimed at the promotion of tolerance and positive attitude towards transsexuals and transvestites.

Millions in Thailand, a country well known for its tolerance and acceptance of transsexuals, watched the contest live on television on Saturday.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Showbiz/Story/A1Story20091101-177184.html

And of course, the pictures!

5yajra.jpg

2e3zbko.jpg

29cb413.jpg

pics from the talent show (criminally low res)
http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.php?IDNEWS=0000010827

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1sJqF4ehuo

Don't lie, folks. You'd go for it too.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I'm always confused about the different names for these sorts of people, transvestite, transsexual, cross-dresser, hermaphrodite, etc...

Mik2121

Haruna Ai Is quite annoying... She used to be sorta funny but she just keeps repeating herself.. She always tries to be all cute and whatnot and when you think she's 37 and used to be a guy, it's sorta creepy..
Also, every now and then her real voice shows up and it's always shocking.

But anyway, congrats to her I guess.

Mik2121 said:
Haruna Ai Is quite annoying... She used to be sorta funny but she just keeps repeating herself.. She always tries to be all cute and whatnot and when you think she's 37 and used to be a guy, it's sorta creepy..
Also, every now and then her real voice shows up and it's always shocking.

But anyway, congrats to her I guess.

Oh come on, she can't help that she's Japanese.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Brobzoid said:
I'm always confused about the different names for these sorts of people, transvestite, transsexual, cross-dresser, hermaphrodite, etc...

It's fairly straightforward:

Transvestite and cross dresser are same thing: people who dress in clothes typical of a different gender.

Transexual is someone who is being treated to physically become another gender (e.g. breast implants or removal, hormone treatment etc.) and may be at various stages of, 'in between' physically, depending on what stage they've got to.

A hermaphrodite is someone who is born with both male and female organs and characteristics.

hteng

Banned
something's not right about her forehead... whats that dark patch of ... stuff.. there? couldnt be a shadow

Zaptruder

Banned
The voice is as important to me as the appearance in getting me turned on... I think even with a relatively open attitude towards transexuals, I think that alone invalidates most of them as a sex partner to me... and probably nearly all as any kind of long term partner... unless they can keep up the good voice the whole time, or have had vocal chord surgery, it's just... illusion shattering to hear a man voice from a female.

YYZ

Subliminal42 said:
Define: Vag.

Cause I would presume they all have externally bits just no womb.
I think you presume wrong.

and lol @ GAF fawning over trannies, but dismissing "less attractive", 100% real women.

Mr. Durden said:
Sexchange stuff is just wrong. I just can't accept this kinda stuff.

Gay stuff is just wrong. I just can't accept this kinda stuff.

Interracial stuff is just wrong. I just can't accept this kinda stuff.

ect. ect.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Mr. Durden said:

not even after 8 shots?

edit: and hi transgender-gaf don't get to depressed reading this thread :(

<3 you.

Mr. Durden said:

Alot of trannie-hate here, I dont see why..

They're just trying to be happy in who they are, they're not forcing you to suck their dicks.

LCGeek

formerly sane
gofreak said:
It's fairly straightforward:

Transvestite and cross dresser are same thing: people who dress in clothes typical of a different gender.

Transexual is someone who is being treated to physically become another gender (e.g. breast implants or removal, hormone treatment etc.) and may be at various stages of, 'in between' physically, depending on what stage they've got to.

A hermaphrodite is someone who is born with both male and female organs and characteristics.

Slight correction being that I'm TG. Transvestite and cross dresser carry a variety of connotations. Typical transvestite is for those who are cds but tends to do out of sexual motivations and also do surgery but have no intent to get a sex change.

Zaptruder most transsexuals who actually care to pass and go stealth actually learn to how to use a more feminine voice. The ones who don't typically shouldn't be labeled as that considering a transsexual is the extreme of that community and by no means the norm.

semiregular

Neo Member
Mik2121 said:
Haruna Ai Is quite annoying... She used to be sorta funny but she just keeps repeating herself..

Yeah, I want to flip the channel whenever she's on. I really couldn't see how she can stay in the showbiz for long.

Binabik15

YYZ said:
I think you presume wrong.

and lol @ GAF fawning over trannies, but dismissing "less attractive", 100% real women.

But the winner is Japanese. Totally kawaaaaaiii!

The one on the right is way better looking, beauty pagants ftl!

And I don´t like the way you talk about them, btw, they´re still people with 100% real feelings.

My views on transgenders are a lot more complex than my views on homosexuals but they can basically boil down to this:

Do I think it's a choice: Yes, obviously.
Do I think they have the right: Yes, obviously.
Do I think they should have special legal protection: No.
Do I think we should judge: No.

mollipen

Ignis Fatuus said:
My views on transgenders are a lot more complex than my views on homosexuals but they can basically boil down to this:

Do I think it's a choice: Yes, obviously.
Do I think they have the right: Yes, obviously.
Do I think they should have special legal protection: No.
Do I think we should judge: No.

So, two questions. What part is the "choice"? And, what exactly is "special" legal protection? Would "special" be, for example, saying that somebody can't be fired for being transgender?

LCGeek

formerly sane
shidoshi said:
So, two questions. What part is the "choice"? And, what exactly is "special" legal protection? Would "special" be, for example, saying that somebody can't be fired for being transgender?

Depends on the TG invidividual in question, for me it just is like it is for anyone else that experiences life. When it comes to transsexual there is no choice and medical science has left more than enough evidence to shut up anyone who can read on the subject.

They should have legal protection considering most of the time those who are found out to be of TG orient are quickly removed from most aspects of mainstream society. I can't get insurance due to them using my own nature against me and forget about rising the corporate ladder either. Very few who do manage to make it work get a lot of respect considering what it takes to cross fully and for good.

Amalthea

Banned
LCGeek said:
Zaptruder most transsexuals who actually care to pass and go stealth actually learn to how to use a more feminine voice. The ones who don't typically shouldn't be labeled as that considering a transsexual is the extreme of that community and by no means the norm.

And when your voice just is too masculine? Sometimes I am mistaked for a woman without crossdressing or anything but I can't vary my voice very good.

Zaptruder said:
The voice is as important to me as the appearance in getting me turned on... I think even with a relatively open attitude towards transexuals, I think that alone invalidates most of them as a sex partner to me... and probably nearly all as any kind of long term partner... unless they can keep up the good voice the whole time, or have had vocal chord surgery, it's just... illusion shattering to hear a man voice from a female.

Did you watch the youtube video? She sounds exactly like a Japanese woman--annoying cute mannerisms and all.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Tyrant_Onion said:
And when your voice just is too masculine? Sometimes I am mistaked for a woman without crossdressing or anything but I can't vary my voice very good.

It takes years to retrain but nothing is out of control unless you're naturally super deep. Don't get me wrong you can have a feminine sounding voice but most voices coaches who help make it clear vocabulary and accent really make it work. Voice Surgery is not a real solution it only supplements in making a more feminine voice. Without retraining most people can and will pick up on the fact you're voice is that of a male.

mollipen

LCGeek said:
Depends on the TG invidividual in question, for me it just is like it is for anyone else that experiences life. When it comes to transsexual there is no choice and medical science has left more than enough evidence to shut up anyone who can read on the subject.

That's why I'm wondering what Ignis meant by "choice". Choosing to be transgender? I can't imagine anybody actively choosing to live a life where they feel disconnected to their body and desperate to find a way to be who they really are. You know the argument where people ask why you would choose to be gay with all of the struggles and stigmas that brings? Yeah, I'd have to say that "choosing" to be gay would be nothing compared to "choosing" to be trans.

If he meant choosing to have a sex change, talk to some trans folks about that one. When you hear what the two sides of the "choice" are for them, it doesn't seem like much of a choice to me.

They should have legal protection considering most of the time those who are found out to be of TG orient are quickly removed from most aspects of mainstream society. I can't get insurance due to them using my own nature against me and forget about rising the corporate ladder either. Very few who do manage to make it work get a lot of respect considering what it takes to cross fully and for good.

Exactly. "Special" treatment so that they can hope to avoid the discrimination that is illegal to do against other people? I'm wondering what exactly the "special" legal protections are that we're talking about here.

shidoshi said:
The choice would be to dress as the other gender or take elective cosmetic surgery.

Special legal protection would refer to the fact that you can have your sex legally changed. I don't think that should be allowed, for the same reasons that black people who want to be white cannot get their fantasy recognized by law.

Additionally, I don't like the idea that you can get surgery and then start up a sexual relationship with some guy who has no idea that you are biologically a man. I believe that the partner has a right not to be deceived in such a manner. You have the right to make whatever alternations you want to your own body, and to engage in whatever consensual activities with fully informed partners that you like--but roping someone in dishonestly, is, I think, indecent.

numble

Ignis Fatuus said:
Additionally, I don't like the idea that you can get surgery and then start up a sexual relationship with some guy who has no idea that you are biologically a man. I believe that the partner has a right not to be deceived in such a manner.
Do you examine the birth certificate and government-issued identification papers of all your prospective partners?

Also, the government does not have any record of my race.

numble said:
Do you examine the birth certificate and government-issued identification papers of all your prospective partners?
I'm not sure what exactly that has to do with anything. That was an addendum, not part of my second point.

Kastro

Banned
lol @ people calling her "she".. getting a sex change doesnt change what you really are.

cant change chromosomes sorry

Ignis Fatuus said:
The choice would be to dress as the other gender or take elective cosmetic surgery.
As opposed to what? Choosing to live in denial as the wrong the gender. That's the equivalent of a homosexual "choosing" to be straight.

Special legal protection would refer to the fact that you can have your sex legally changed. I don't think that should be allowed, for the same reasons that black people who want to be white cannot get their fantasy recognized by law.
I can't really comment on this without getting into other lengthy discussions.

Additionally, I don't like the idea that you can get surgery and then start up a sexual relationship with some guy who has no idea that you are biologically a man. I believe that the partner has a right not to be deceived in such a manner. You have the right to make whatever alternations you want to your own body, and to engage in whatever consensual activities with fully informed partners that you like--but roping someone in dishonestly, is, I think, indecent.
Do you assume this happens often? I'm just wondering. I really just wanted to make the first point.

mollipen

Ignis Fatuus said:

As opposed to killing themselves? Living a life of mystery and depression? Never being able to be who they really are? In those cases, is that really a choice?

So, wait... are you saying that people who are transgender are looking to live out a fantasy?

Personally, I'm of the mindset that if you've transitioned from one gender to another, and you enter into a serious relationship with somebody, you should be honest about that fact, just like you should be honest about all parts of yourself.

BUT... let me ask an honest question here: what are the biological differences between a man and a woman? I mean, the ones that really matter? Naughty bits? Those can be added / removed. Body size differences? We're made of the same stuff, it's just some of us grow bigger/wider than others, and there are plenty of men who are built more feminine and women who are built more masculine. Body hair? Some men have very little, some women have lots.

My point is, biologically there aren't a lot of differences between men and women. We all start the same, and then develop differently, but that's true even in the confines of one gender. Beyond the parts and pieces that exist for sexual reproduction, we aren't really all that different, so the real division between men and women isn't just physical, but also mental and emotional. I think that, if you look at what separates the sexes, the physical aspect is the easiest to understand but also probably the least important. That is the very essence of what are the root issues for somebody who is transgender: the mental and emotional side of themselves is way, way stronger than the physical.

I think that's one of the fundamental arguments people have against the transgender community: you can get a sex change, but you're still pretending to be something that you're not. The problem is, the difference between genders isn't just as easy as if you have a penis or a vagina.

Kastro said:
lol @ people calling her "she".. getting a sex change doesnt change what you really are.

cant change chromosomes sorry

Well look... a great example of just what I was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom