• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix TGS lineup

king zell

Video only

- Fabula Nova Crystallis - Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
- Fabula Nova Crystallis - Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3)
- Final Fantasy V Advance (GBA)
- Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA)
- Compilation of Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core FF VII (PSP)

Video and playable

- Dragon Quest Monsters Joker (NDS)
- Seiken Densetsu 4 (PS2)
- Chocobo to Mahou no Ehon (NDS)
- Final Fantasy III (NDS)
- Final Fantasy XI (PS2/Xbox 360)
- Project Sylpheed (Xbox 360)

http://gamefront.de/

jiggle

TBA:
FFVIIR
FFXI-2
FFT3
CT3
PE3
VS2
DQIX
VP:Hrist

Believe ; ;

SE sure is sitting on alot of franchises, not even counting Ogre and Grandia :/

se03.jpg

se01.jpg

So good.

CC:FF7

se08.jpg

http://watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20060901/se.htm

Amir0x

Banned
Jonnyram:

we already did, with FFVIIre 'demo scene' AND supposedly with the short segments from the FFXIII video when she was battling and the menu came up. Supposedly.

I suspect you only said that comment to stir up some shit, though.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Jonnyram said:
Oh man, not another CG trailer please. When are we gonna see the fabled White Engine in action?
We have already seen it in action in FFVII's tech Demo and FFXIII's E3 trailer (Only the train sequence was FMV, the forest and battle scenes were in-game graphics).

EDIT: A bit late. :p

Amir0x

Banned
I'm suspicious of this too:

final-fantasy-xiii-20060508032944059.jpg

But it was said to be real-time by SquareEnix.

However, the FFVIIre White Engine trailer is no doubt at all - so Jonnyram is playing silly.

Jonnyram said:
:lol no, no I haven't.

So you think Square decided to "trick" people by making CG at 2 different levels for the FFXIII trailer at E3? Because there's a difference between the sequences they say are from the White Engine and the sequences that they say are CG. There were ssome shots Ruliweb (think it was them) took of the trailer during the seuquences that were said to be real time and main character has several rough edges on her compared to the CG where she looks perfect.

Zaptruder

Banned
I'd hate to be the one that supports Jonnyram's fud, but apart from S-E claiming that, that is indeed realtime, we haven't actually seen emphatic proof in the form of a non scripted delving into the engine (either the game in playable form, or an exploration of the game engine, ala MGS4 @ TGS last year).

Of course, I believe that they are real time... but all the same, no proof beyond doubt as yet.

Amir0x

Banned
no doubt, I'm suspicious of FFXIII images too. But the whole purpose of FFVIIre was to show off the white engine - if it was CG, it was terrible CG since there was many, MANY issues with the image. That's not Killzone or something.

Amir0x

Banned
Jonnyram said:
I forgot about that, sorry. I was talking about FFXIII.

Well, even if we doubt this (and I'm with you, I don't even trust Squeenix pedigree anymore) they did acheive this:

final-fantasy-vii-technical-demo-for-ps3-20060119005803609.jpg

And it's not on anywhere near final PS3 hardware, probably indeed PC hardware at the time. It wouldn't shock me to see a noteworthy improvement in the engine over it.

Wollan

In the FFXIII hd trailer it's pretty apparant what's ingame and what's not.
Basically the fighting and the forest areas are ingame.

Why no Wii FF? Dare I say, cancelled maybe?

Just being a doom thinker, reminding the Gamecubes initial support that dropped off very quickly.

Amir0x

Banned
Hahah, no. SquareEnix wouldn't be stupid enough to not even test the waters for Wii. They know, as everyone else suspects, Wii is gonna blow up and quick

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
jiggle said:
You can also move around in that jungle area, according to one of those Famitsu scans posted, i think.

The Jungle part of the FF13 video was real time??

That shit looked CRAZY!!!

jiggle

SolidSnakex said:
So you think Square decided to "trick" people by making CG at 2 different levels for the FFXIII trailer at E3? Because there's a difference between the sequences they say are from the White Engine and the sequences that they say are CG.

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

4.jpg

White Engine in action

Amir0x

Banned
man i want to believe SO bad, it would easily be the best looking next-gen game.

but... but i can't believe!

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Zaptruder said:
I'd hate to be the one that supports Jonnyram's fud, but apart from S-E claiming that, that is indeed realtime, we haven't actually seen emphatic proof in the form of a non scripted delving into the engine (either the game in playable form, or an exploration of the game engine, ala MGS4 @ TGS last year).
The proof is in the graphics themselves. The Woman's model in the battle and forest scenes looked worse (more pixelated) than her model in the FMV sequence. Her in-game face was also slightly different than her FMV face, but that's normal in all SE FF games. :p (The difference is hard to notice, though. Not a drastic difference like between FFX's in-game models and FMVs...) I have the high-res version of the trailer, and I have watched it countless times, paused it a lot to check every little detail as well, etc. The more times I see it, the more obvious the differences between the two different graphical styles are to me.

No matter how impressive the forest scene was, some parts reminded me of FFX's Kilika Forest, graphical-wise. The roots of a tree, or something, sometimes seemed like a copied-and-pasted pic into the ground, but it's very hard to notice that because the forest is extremely detailed with awesome stuff.

Wollan

Amir0x said:
man i want to believe SO bad, it would easily be the best looking next-gen game.

Do you have the HD trailer? I'm not sure where you can get it now but it's pretty clear it's ingame. Some aliasing issues and so but absolutely stunning.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Oh God, welcome back to E3 2006 kids :lol

FFXIII unbelievably good looking? Confirmed.
Again.

Ceb

Grivenger said:
The proof is in the graphics themselves. The Woman's model in the battle and forest scenes looked worse (more pixelated) than her model in the FMV sequence. Her in-game face was also slightly different than her FMV face, but that's normal in all SE FF games. :p (The difference is hard to notice, though. Not a drastic difference like between FFX's in-game models and FMVs...) I have the high-res version of the trailer, and I have watched it countless times, paused it a lot to check every little detail as well, etc. The more times I see it, the more obvious the differences between the two different graphical styles are to me.

No matter how impressive the forest scene was, some parts reminded me of FFX's Kilika Forest, graphical-wise. The roots of a tree, or something, sometimes seemed like a copied-and-pasted pic into the ground, but it's very hard to notice that because the forest is extremely detailed with awesome stuff.

You can also easily notice some shimmering, while the train CG is completely smooth.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Grivenger said:
Nope, that are the graphics in-game. :)
of course not.

it's easy to recognize what's real time and what isnt (hint: her hair)

Top Bottom