• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Adjusted for Inflation Penny-Arcade Adventures: Episode One Official Thread

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The Header:

bannerdefault.jpg

What is Penny-Arcade Adventures?

The wonderfully strange and hilarious minds of Penny Arcade creators Mike "Gabe" Krahulik and Jerry "Tycho" Holkins have joined with legendary game designer Ron Gilbert to bring you the insanity that is Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness. This episodic role-playing adventure game is set in a highly stylized 1920s universe filled with bizarre characters, outrageous combat and adult humor.

* Create-A-Player system: Create and develop your very own character to participate in the adventure.
* Episodic content: Penny Arcade Adventures keeps the fun going with new material released regularly, with pick up and play capabilities from any episode, and the ability to carry over characters, stats, and inventory from episode to episode.
* Dynamic combat: The turn-based combat system features over-the-top animations, and the capability to team up during enemy battles.
* Adventure/RPG: The classic adventure-style gameplay combines with RPG elements for a mysterious and puzzling good time.
* Twisted goodness: The crazed geniuses behind Penny Arcade promise a thrilling, and wild, story written by Jerry Holkins. As a member of the Startling Developments Detective Agency, it will be your task to resolve the chaos and solve the mystery in the world of New Arcadia.

Release Date

XBLA Version
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=140004

Penny Arcade game on XBLA next week
News by Rob Purchese

Today 16:33

Microsoft has just chimed in to say Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One will be available next Wednesday on Live Arcade.

Not only is it a long title, but it's made by adventure game legend Ron Gilbert with the help of the artistically gifted chaps from Penny Arcade: Mike 'Gabe' Krahulik and Jerry 'Tycho' Holkins.

Rain-Slick, as we are calling it [we're not - Ed], is described as an RPG-adventure that takes place in a 1920s-style world featuring bonkers characters and adult humour.

PC/Mac/Linux Versions plus Where to Download

http://www.playgreenhouse.com/

Penny-Arcade Adventures is/will be available from Direct2Drive, Stream and Stardock Impluse

The rationale behind not having the game on Steam at this time.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/04/exclusive-inter.html

This morning, Penny Arcade and Hothead Games announced that the two companies would team to launch a digital delivery service for games.

Called Greenhouse, the Vancouver-based company will partner with indie game developers and put their games in front of Penny Arcade's massive fan base, as well as serve as the sole point of distribution for the PC, Mac, and Linux versions of Penny Arcade Adventures: On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

In this Wired.com exclusive interview, Penny Arcade creators Mike "Gabe" Krahulik and Jerry "Tycho" Holkins talk about their ambitions for Greenhouse, how it's all set up, and the kind of indie games they want to put in front of their army of loyal readers.

One of my favorite Penny Arcade strips is about GameStop, and how digital distribution would adversely affect its business model. So I have to ask, was Greenhouse on your mind when you guys were writing that?

Tycho: No, that was a long time ago. No, certainly not in the way that we've conceived of it now. Greenhouse was really supposed to just be for our own stuff. But when that comic came out, it really seemed like they were -- maybe they were even aware, the person in that strip, that CEO isn't aware that the destruction is coming. But I think it's actually the opposite. I think they're just trying to get as much money as they can before it sinks.

Being interested in an idea in a theoretical sense is one thing, but founding a new company is another. So why does Penny Arcade want to expand into digital distribution?

Gabe: He wants to know why we've expanded into digital distribution. Well, we needed a way to digitally distribute our game. And so [laughter] we thought, what better way than through digital distribution? So we had to make one.

But why start your very own company rather than go with somebody else?

Tycho: It seemed like the best way… Why not?

[pause]

I'm asking you!

Oh, okay! Sorry, I'm sort of comatose after lunch.

Do you know how these things work?

Tycho: I think it allowed us to retain control of the entire process. Essentially, it's just a videogame version of what we've been doing for a decade, which is to basically own the whole chain of events that are involved in us getting our comics out. I mean, obviously it's more sophisticated and it's definitely fancier and more expensive to do it for software, but the process is not that dissimilar.

Oh, so this goes back to the earlier experiences you guys had, where you let other people take too much control of your content and it didn't work out.

Gabe: Yeah. We were essentially in the business of being screwed, professionally, for years. If we can avoid being screwed, we're gonna do it.

Countdown Starts Today (5/13/2008)
For your counting pleasure, today we have here the official On the Rain-slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One Countdown to keep your finger on the pulse of Launch Day.

8 days from today, Episode One will be available for purchase here on The Greenhouse for PC, Linux and Mac. You'll want to keep coming back to check it out, we have some cool goodies to share with you as we all wait in great anticipation for Launch Day... May 21st!

Parity Pricing
http://www.gamershell.com/news_47192.html

Windows, Mac and Linux versions to sell worldwide for $19.95
Hothead Games has announced that Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, the first chapter of the planned episodic Penny Arcade Adventures game, will be available for $19.95, for the Windows, Mac and Linux versions. Due to ship this Spring, Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness will feature characters from Penny Arcade, including the well-known Gabe and Tycho.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/03/27/penny-arcade-xbla-game-priced-at-20/

Penny Arcade XBLA game priced at $20

Posted Mar 27th 2008 8:00PM by Terrence Stasse
Filed under: News, Xbox Live Arcade
The XBLA game with the overly long title of Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode One finally got some real details. Hothead games, the developer, released the game's final price, $19.99 (1600 MSpts). It remains to be see how the game will sell with a relatively high (for an XBLA game) price. It also remains to be seen what form of episodic game Penny Arcade Adventures will end up being. With a price of twenty dollars it seems more likely to be Half Life 2 style episodes (which debuted at the same price). The only other real episodic gaming example that would apply would be the Sam and Max episodes. Those however are $8.95 and have a monthly release cycle. What path PAA takes remains to be seen, but if it does end up following the Half Life 2 model, expect at least a trilogy of games with an overarching story across them all.

PC/Mac/Linux versions specs sheet

http://www.gamershell.com/companies/hothead_games/409304.html

Minimum System Requirements

1. Operating System

Windows and Linux
Windows® 2000/XP/VistaTM with latest updates or Linux® 32-bit x86
Pentium® III, AMD AthlonTM 1.0 GHz or better

Mac
Mac® OS X 10.4/10.5 with latest updates
PowerPC® G4, G5 or Intel® based Mac 1.0 GHz or better

2. All Platforms

ATI RadeonTM 9500 or better, NVIDIA GeForceTM FX 5200 or better, Intel® GMA 950 or better with 64 MB of video memory (shared or dedicated)*
512 MB of available system memory
OS-supported keyboard and mouse
OS-supported sound card
350 MB of available hard drive space (185 MB installed)
Available Internet connection for download and one-time authentication

Recommended Configuration

1. Operating System

Windows and Linux
Pentium® IV, AMD AthlonTM 1.5 GHz or better

Mac
PowerPC® G4, G5 or Intel® based Mac 1.5 GHz or better

2. All Platforms

ATI RadeonTM X800 or better, NVIDIA GeForceTM 6600 or better video card with 128 MB of video memory*
768 MB of available system memory
16-bit stereo- or surround-capable sound card with latest drivers

*All Windows- and Linux-based system video cards require latest drivers supporting OpenGL®.

Previews:

Game|Life

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/04/hands-on-penn-1.html

IGN XBOX 360

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/853/853914p1.html

1up.com

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3165521

Video Footage

IGN PC

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/850/850377/vids_1.html

Gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/pennyarcadeadventures/media.html?mode=user_uploads

Gametrailers.com

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/4564.html

Screenshots:

254239_full.jpg

254237_full.jpg

254235_full.jpg

254233_full.jpg

254231_full.jpg

Achievements:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/penny-arcade/achievements/

Stray Cat 5
Have T. Kemper join the player as a support character.

All Together Now 5
Do a 3-member Team-Up Attack.

A Winner Is You 10
Successfully complete the first episode.

Nine Lives 15
Kill an enemy using T. Kemper's basic attack.

Pack Rat 15
Find and collect all of the hidden collectibles scattered around the game.

Steel Devils 15
Explore the world to find all the robots, and defeat them all in combat.

Pacifist 15
Only use counterattacks, health items, or distraction items to win one battle.

Silent, But Deadly 30
Fight, and destroy the final Boss without using any healing items.

Immortal 20
Play and win the game without allowing a character to die during combat.

Fight 'Em With Items 20
Find and use every item in the game at least once.

Level Awesome 20
Kill enough enemies in the game to get the XP necessary to get all party members to Level 15.

Clean Sweep 30
Find and kill every possible enemy in the game.

Reviews:

PC Gamer

http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/penny-...a-20080507105446671055/g-20060901183817899018

Of course, the real star of PAA isn’t the gameplay, but the humor. It’s a lot like playing a comic strip, and should be approached as such. Read a few of the strips online before plunking down your $20 - if you like what you see there, the game is worth the price of admission. No release date has been announced yet, but the game will be available to download at www.rainslick.com and www.playgreenhouse.com.

PC Gamer scores games on a percentage scale, which is rounded to the closest whole number to determine the GamesRadar score.

PCG Final Verdict: 80% (Excellent)

IGN XBOX 360

IGN XBOX 360 Review of Penny-Arcade Adventures: Episode One

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/876/876217p1.html

8.0 Presentation
Nails the essence of the Penny Arcade strips and has a nice stylized look. The story isn't as clever as one might expect.
7.0 Graphics
The character's look great and even the limited variety of enemies are interesting. Too bad the environments are the complete opposite. Occasional framerate dips also hurt.
6.5 Sound
Can't wait to hear Gabe and Tycho chat it up? Too bad. This is mostly text-based with occasional narration. The score is a nice compliment to the absurd plot.
7.5 Gameplay
A solid, fast-paced RPG system. The blocking needs some work and it would be nice to have deeper customization, but it's a good enough fit for XBLA.
6.0 Lasting Appeal
The main game will take you 6-8 hours to complete, but you can't go back for more. Once it's over, it's over until Episode Two.

7.8, Good

Jme

20 bucks?!
Hmmm....... no thanks.

EDIT - I'm torn. I've been waiting for this for so long... I just wasn't expecting a price tag this big. It's pretty pricey for an Episodic title, no?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
$20 wouldn't be as bad if this weren't "Episode 1" I'm gonna need some estimates on how long this is gonna take to complete before I start dishing out the bucks. Considering how many people pay $50-$60 for a less than 10 hour game like Heavenly Sword or God of War, I don't see what the huge stink is here. As long as you get about that much gameplay from this, I'll be straight. It looks like a fun adventure/RPG hybrid, which is unique enough at least.

GhaleonEB

1) I'm excited to try this game as a big PA fan, but I'll hit the demo first
2) $20 sounds reasonable given the content
3) I really hate these superfluous thread titles that do nothing but make the forum more difficult to browse.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
20 bucks doesn't sound like much, I don't get people bitching about this price when yearly crap like Madden is 60 dollars every year.

Will get this for the PC :)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
blame space said:
Didn't Edge review this already? Why isn't that in the OP?

and why isn't the score in your post?

mollipen

I actually think it's good for hardcore video game critics to make their own game. Either the game rocks, and they show that they know what they're talking about, or the game totally sucks, and they look like morons.

I always say shit like "I could make a better Silent Hill" or "I could make a better JRPG," and I really wonder what the result would be if I actually got that chance.

Sqorgar

Banned
shidoshi said:
I actually think it's good for hardcore video game critics to make their own game. Either the game rocks, and they show that they know what they're talking about, or the game totally sucks, and they look like morons.
Beyond the Valley of the Dolls didn't do much to hurt Ebert's credibility...

This game costs 1600 points. There is no way to buy 1600 points on Xbox Live. However, you can buy as few as 400 points via a Zune account. You don't need a Zune to do this. I do it all the time. When I buy things on Xbox Live I like using the fewest points possible, and buying 400 via the Zune Marketplace is the way to go. Why should I put $6.25 into my account to buy one song on Rock Band when I could put $5 in. Plus, buying points 500 ($6.25) at a time almost always leaves you with change in your account, and that's just annoying.

http://points.microsoft.com/UserPortal/Buy.aspx

You can buy 400, 1200, 2000, or 4000 points on this website. Just buy 1200 + 400 (or 400 x3) to get the 1600 needed for RSPD.

StrikerObi said:
This game costs 1600 points. There is no way to buy 1600 points on Xbox Live. However, you can buy as few as 400 points via a Zune account. You don't need a Zune to do this. I do it all the time. When I buy things on Xbox Live I like using the fewest points possible, and buying 400 via the Zune Marketplace is the way to go. Why should I put $6.25 into my account to buy one song on Rock Band when I could put $5 in. Plus, buying points 500 ($6.25) at a time almost always leaves you with change in your account, and that's just annoying.

http://points.microsoft.com/UserPortal/Buy.aspx

You can buy 400, 1200, 2000, or 4000 points on this website. Just buy 1200 + 400 (or 400 x3) to get the 1600 needed for RSPD.

I love how Microsoft makes you jump through hoops, or buy unneeded points for these games. What a bunch of dicks.

Baker

Banned
I thought the total game was supposed to end up with with 4-5 episodes.

The next sections better be $10.

Ten-Song

Cool to see it's coming out so soon. Price seems kind of weird, but not enough so for me to really bitch about it. I am kind of wondering about the length of it though.

Also, I REALLY want to see what kind of achievements this game has on XBLA.

Pachael

I applaud the developers for giving gamers the option to play on Windows, Mac or Linux. I'd be glad if gamers are willing to help Linux gain prominence as a gaming platform.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Well, he is the official Monday PR for the game from the GamerScoreBlog about the game other Xbox Media Outlets have already talked about, I guess old habits are hard to break.

Monday, May 19, 2008 9:00 AM by Gamerscore News
“Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One” Launches on Xbox LIVE Arcade This Wednesday!

Discover the mysteries of New Arcadia with Gabe and Tycho in “Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One,” available on Xbox LIVE Arcade this Wednesday, May 21, 2008 at 9:00 a.m. GMT (1:00 a.m. PDT).

The first episodic RPG-Adventure game to grace Xbox LIVE Arcade, “Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One” is the result of a collaboration between Hothead Games and Penny Arcade. The first episode sends players to a deranged 1920s comic-book-meets-pulp-horror universe called New Arcadia. Armed with unconventional weaponry, players join forces with Gabe and Tycho of the Startling Developments Detective Agency to make war on bizarre enemies and solve the mysteries hidden deep in the sinister heart of New Arcadia.

“Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One” offers players the ability to design their own customizable character, a dynamic turn-based combat system and the ability to transfer your customized character’s stats and inventories to future episodes, or start fresh with each episode. Fans of Penny Arcade will appreciate the authenticity of the game, which features distinctive artwork and characters designed by Mike “Gabe” Krahulik and a story and dialogue written by Jerry “Tycho” Holkins.

Developed by Hothead Games, “Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One” will be available worldwide (with the exception of Korea) for 1600 Microsoft Points and is rated “M” for Mature by the ESRB for all platforms. For more details on “Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One” please visit:

* http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/p/pennyarcadexboxlivearcade/

I wonder if this game is going to be the trojan horse that starts a trend of games being $20 on XBLA (or at least charging more). We've already been hearing developers whisper that $10 isn't enough to charge for a game, and now with the change in the profit structure for games sold on XBLA... will we see more developers follow?

Originally it was pretty standard for games to be $5 and very few games were $10. Now $10 is absolutely standard. Puzzle Quest was $15 and nobody else has charged that much since then.

I find it interesting that any content related to Penny Arcade on XBLA has the "Square Enix" tax on it. All of their picture packs are $2.50 where most other ones on the service are $1. Now their game is going to be double the standard price of an XBLA game.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
PhlivoSong said:
I wonder if this game is going to be the trojan horse that starts a trend of games being $20 on XBLA (or at least charging more). We've already been hearing developers whisper that $10 isn't enough to charge for a game, and now with the change in the profit structure for games sold on XBLA... will we see more developers follow?

Originally it was pretty standard for games to be $5 and very few games were $10. Now $10 is absolutely standard. Puzzle Quest was $15 and nobody else has charged that much since then.

I find it interesting that any content related to Penny Arcade on XBLA has the "Square Enix" tax on it. All of their picture packs are $2.50 where most other ones on the service are $1. Now their game is going to be double the standard price of an XBLA game.

Well, I would say it depends on how well this episode sells on the XBLA first and foremost, they have only been a few 15$ titles on the service and they have struggled. That standard pricing of 5$ is usually reserved for classic titles, 10$ is standard pricing for original content, which is one of the big problems Penny-Arcade Adventures faces on the XBLA, people are used to buying games for those prices and such floodgate are not closed quickly.

Ponn

Banned
I thought I heard it was going to be 1200 points so going to 1600 points isn't such a shock, but it's still 20 fucking bucks.

Even though its on XBLA this is one of those games that actually looks really good and fun. If they released it for 40 or 50 bucks at retail most people would be bitching "Why the hell isn't this 20 or 30 bucks on XBLA!" (looking at you Culdcept and Katamari).

So that being said I will still pick this up on wednesday because it actually does look like a good value for 20 bucks and I have a pretty big game list and backlog going now so if I get a solid days worth enjoyment out of it thats all i'm asking for. And I would drop 5 or 8 bucks for an episode in 6 months time.

KTallguy

Banned
I like the look and feel of this game, and I was considering getting it on Steam, but I think I'll wait till it drops in price.

I also think the combat looks really sluggish. I wonder if there's a speed up option.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Penny-Arcade Adventures not coming to Steam (at least not announced for that service) Penny-Arcade Adventures is the showcase title for the new Hothouse DL Service.

MrDaravon

Uh, everyone complaining about getting 1600 points even knows you can buy 1600 point cards in any (US) store, right? I bought a ton of them when I was picking up Legendary Packs for people.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
SailorDaravon said:
Uh, everyone complaining about getting 1600 points even knows you can buy 1600 point cards in any (US) store, right? I bought a ton of them when I was picking up Legendary Packs for people.

To put it simply, a lot of Neo Gafican XBLA Buyers are cheap-asses.

MrDaravon

Shard said:
To put it simply, a lot of Neo Gafican XBLA Buyers are cheap-asses.

Well yeah, I was just referring to people using zune marketplace workarounds to get increments of 400 when you've been able to buy 1600 point cards in any store for years now.

I personally think the price is a tad high myself, but I'm reserving final judgment until I play the demo and depending on the length of the game for me. If it's relatively long that's fine, but $20 puts it just outside of impulse/blind buy for me.

Zzoram

So why isn't this going to Steam again? Steam is the best digital distribution service on PC right now, and has the largest customer base.

Ten-Song

Zzoram said:
So why isn't this going to Steam again? Steam is the best digital distribution service on PC right now, and has the largest customer base.

Because the game will be the first download available for their new service.

dammitmattt said:
So how long is this supposed to be? How much content are we getting for $20? I'm still on the fence.

In their interview with Major Nelson, they said some of the testers had a ballpark range of 5-10 hours. So I imagine it'll be on the shorter side when you just try to gun it straight through the game, and the longer side if you try to dick around with every little thing in the game.

It's amazing that they went with such an asinine battle system when they complain about shit like that so much in their asinine comic strips.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Whom to loathe more the whiny PSN Users or the whiny Steam Heads? Anyway, as to why the game isn't coming to Steam.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/04/exclusive-inter.html

This morning, Penny Arcade and Hothead Games announced that the two companies would team to launch a digital delivery service for games.

Called Greenhouse, the Vancouver-based company will partner with indie game developers and put their games in front of Penny Arcade's massive fan base, as well as serve as the sole point of distribution for the PC, Mac, and Linux versions of Penny Arcade Adventures: On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

In this Wired.com exclusive interview, Penny Arcade creators Mike "Gabe" Krahulik and Jerry "Tycho" Holkins talk about their ambitions for Greenhouse, how it's all set up, and the kind of indie games they want to put in front of their army of loyal readers.

One of my favorite Penny Arcade strips is about GameStop, and how digital distribution would adversely affect its business model. So I have to ask, was Greenhouse on your mind when you guys were writing that?

Tycho: No, that was a long time ago. No, certainly not in the way that we've conceived of it now. Greenhouse was really supposed to just be for our own stuff. But when that comic came out, it really seemed like they were -- maybe they were even aware, the person in that strip, that CEO isn't aware that the destruction is coming. But I think it's actually the opposite. I think they're just trying to get as much money as they can before it sinks.

Being interested in an idea in a theoretical sense is one thing, but founding a new company is another. So why does Penny Arcade want to expand into digital distribution?

Gabe: He wants to know why we've expanded into digital distribution. Well, we needed a way to digitally distribute our game. And so [laughter] we thought, what better way than through digital distribution? So we had to make one.

But why start your very own company rather than go with somebody else?

Tycho: It seemed like the best way… Why not?

[pause]

I'm asking you!

Oh, okay! Sorry, I'm sort of comatose after lunch.

Do you know how these things work?

Tycho: I think it allowed us to retain control of the entire process. Essentially, it's just a videogame version of what we've been doing for a decade, which is to basically own the whole chain of events that are involved in us getting our comics out. I mean, obviously it's more sophisticated and it's definitely fancier and more expensive to do it for software, but the process is not that dissimilar.

Oh, so this goes back to the earlier experiences you guys had, where you let other people take too much control of your content and it didn't work out.

Gabe: Yeah. We were essentially in the business of being screwed, professionally, for years. If we can avoid being screwed, we're gonna do it.

As far as why the game isn't coming to the PSN, well, no real reason has been given, I am sorry to say.

NichM

Banned
Shard said:
As far as why the game isn't coming to the PSN, well, no real reason has been given, I am sorry to say.

My assumption is that Sony doesn't really have a structure in place for letting third-party publishers put downloadable games on PSN yet. As explained in this informative editorial, Sony has yet to work out the kinks in certification and publication for its online presence.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
NichM said:
My assumption is that Sony doesn't really have a structure in place for letting third-party publishers put downloadable games on PSN yet. As explained in this informative editorial, Sony has yet to work out the kinks in certification and publication for its online presence.

That would be my guess as well, but it is only an estimation since Hothaed and the Penny-Arcade Guys are not on record about the PSN.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Acid08 said:
Why isn't there a PSN version? I really want to play this.

Torque Engine main reason for Penny Arcade's absence on PSN

The first downloadable Penny Arcade adventure is coming soon to Xbox Live Arcade, Mac, Linux and PC. Why is it not coming out on PSN? Simple: the Torque Game Engine isn't compatible with the PS3, at least not yet. It was always intended to bring the game over to PS3, explained a representative from Hot Head Games. However, the engine's lack of support for Sony's console made it impossible to make it multiplatform.

The Torque Game Engine is commonly used for Xbox Live Arcade games because it is a low-cost solution for developers that can't invest in other options, such as the Unreal Engine. Downloadable titles need to keep their costs low, especially when developed by independent teams. For now, it seems as though Penny Arcade Adventures won't find a home on the PS3.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/05/15/torque-engine-main-reason-for-penny-arcades-absence-on-psn/

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
bryehn said:
Rocketmen runs on Torque on PS3.

A.C.R.O.N.Y.M. Games ported the game over to the PS3 (with the help of Garage Games), Garage Games hasn't completed the Torque PS3 engine though (no release date for it either). Hothead Games probably doesn't think it's worth the effort to port the game over to the PS3.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Why is it not coming out on PSN? Simple: the Torque Game Engine isn't compatible with the PS3, at least not yet.
What's amusing about this is that Torque for Wii is available, with a license scheme specifically geared towards Wii Ware.

Top Bottom