• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's nearly that time of year again. What are your favorite Christmas songs/albums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espresso

Banned
I heard a Christmas song on the radio on the way to class this morning, and although it's a few weeks earlier than I'm used to (typically Christmas songs start to hit the airwaves around Thanksgiving in my area), I was delighted.

What do you keep on rotation on your music players during the holiday season?

Mannheim Steamroller's Christmas has to be my all-time favorite album. Every track is golden. My girlfriend is partial to the classic crooners and Vince Guaraldi's Peanuts Christmas.

Fairytale of New York. Nothing else comes close.

Aside from that...
Merry Christmas Everyone
Saviour's Day
I Believe in Father Christmas
Christmas Wrapping
Stop the Cavalry

ito007

Easily "the Christmas song" otherwise known as "chestnuts roasting". There's nothing else that gets me in the holiday spirit. It HAS to be sung by nat king cole though.

n64coder

Much to my wife's dismay, I will start listening to the Holly station on XM Radio all the time. I can't get enough of that stuff. Artists that I usually can't stand like Britney Spears or Justin Beiber, I will actually like their holiday songs.

Some favorites are:
Christmas Wrapping
Jackson 5 - I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus
Reliant K - 12 days of Christmas
Kenny G - Silver Bells
Andy Williams - Joy To the World

I don't mind Christmas music. My issue is that we start playing it so early that by the time Christmas comes around, I hate it. But, that being said, I've always had a fondness for Winter Wonderland.

And let's not forget about Christmas from Chiron Beta Prime

Andrew.

Banned
61K8wVRcefL.jpg

bjork

^ I used to own Excelsior, that was a pretty goofy Christmas album. Not as goofy as Christmas at Luke's House or Christmas on Death Row, though. Not sure how that happened.

My favorite Christmas album is Bethlehem by Brian McKnight
My favorite song off of that album is The First Noel

Some of my other favorites:

This Christmas by Donny Hathaway
Angels We Have Heard On High by Josh Groban and Brian McKnight (Doesn't get much better than 2 of the greatest voices of our time on the same song.)
Let It Snow by Boyz II Men
Winter Wonderland by Ray Charles
Silent Night by The Temptations
Christmas in Hollis by Run DMC
Christmas at Ground Zero by Weird Al Yankovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom