• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All three Guild 02 games (Level-5) confirmed for US/EU

randomkid

No thread for this yet? I know we had the ESRB leaks but the big news here is that we get Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale too. The first game from My Summer Vacation creator Ayabe to ever get localized, pretty exciting!

tnEW3AK.jpg

All three of Level 5’s Guild 02 games are headed to the Nintendo eShop in North America and Europe, the publisher announced this morning. The three games in the collection are:

The Starship Damrey (pronounced “domray”) by Kazuya Asano/Takemaru Abiko

Bugs vs. Tanks! by Keiji Inafune

Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale by Kaz Ayabe

Edit:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/17/all-three-of-level-5s-guild-02-titles-are-coming-to-the-west/

yami4ct

Good to see. Still need to check out the 01 games. I guess this means this method of release worked for Level5 with 01. That's good to hear. It's really great they allow you just to buy the games you want here in the US rather than having to pay full retail for a cart.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I'm really glad to see Attack of the Monsters Friday is being localized too, I thought it was going to be the one left out this time.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Will get everything besides the Bug Inafune title.... - nice.

I didn't expect the Monsters title to make it outside of Japan, pleasant surprise. I'll be getting Damrey for sure and maybe Friday Monsters as well. Bugs vs. Tanks looks too janky for my tastes.

Damrey and Monsters are must haves. I might get Bugs vs. Tanks too just to support the Guild concept. (I'm getting Liberation Maiden when the sale starts to show my support and to hopefully help get us SIN.)

Also, very happy to see they've included the bonus content from having the Guild 01 titles.

Good to see. Still need to check out the 01 games. I guess this means this method of release worked for Level5 with 01. That's good to hear. It's really great they allow you just to buy the games you want here in the US rather than having to pay full retail for a cart.
All the US released Guild01 titles are going on sale starting tomorrow. It's the perfect time to jump in.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
How did Spaceship Damrey fare?

Roto13

Spaceship Damrey and Attack of the Friday Monsters look really interesting for completely opposite reasons. :p

Bugs vs. Tanks doesn't look interesting at all, though.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Awesome. All three look interesting, but I'm incredibly excited for Attack of the Friday Monsters.

Pretty well, generally speaking, but a lot of people seemed disappointed/confused by the fact that it's not a visual novel/point-and-click style game.

well, night of the sickle weasel is some pedigree. I really like the look of this though. it's an adventure / mystery of a different sort.

I still got Crimson Shroud sitting in the backburner.

I'll probably get all except Bugs vs Tanks.

Pretty much. I am disappointed that Inafune didn't seize the opportunity to make a mega man/onimusha type of game as that bug game doesn't look very original. At least this time Guild has a lot more interesting games.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Starship Damrey is by two guys behind Kamaitachi no Yoru, a 1994 sound novel murder mystery by Chunsoft.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Pretty well, generally speaking, but a lot of people seemed disappointed/confused by the fact that it's not a visual novel/point-and-click style game.

What kind of game is it?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'm interested in Starship Damrey and Attack of the Friday Monsters. Hopefully they're priced reasonably.

Persona86

Banned
These looks very interesting, any good?

Especially Attack Of The Friday Monsters, looks very relaxing, a good bedtime game.

And the Starship Damrey looks unique.

Need a 3DS.

ULTROS!

It's an extended version of one of those "escape the room"-type adventure games, basically.

Oh. Can you die here? Is it a horror game?

Day one for Attack of the Friday Monsters! I know it's not quite the same thing (what with the giant monsters and all), but I've always wanted to try one of the My Summer Vacation games, and this is probably as close as we'll ever get to a localised version.

0VQ6gPF.jpg

Might get Bugs vs. Tanks, too.

Starship Damrey looks nice and creepy.

Attack of the Friday Monsters! looks interesting as well, but what kind of game is it? As in, how does a Tokyo-life simulation game play like?

Zornica

Banned
nice to see so much love for friday monsters. I though I was the only one who really loved the concept (since it was accounced wayyyy back).

Without question a Day1 for me. The Spaceship game probably too.

OMG Aero

So what kind of game is Attack of the Friday Monsters? Looks interesting but the video tells me absolutely nothing about what you actually do.

Amalthea

Banned
nice to see so much love for friday monsters. I though I was the only one who really loved the concept (since it was accounced wayyyy back).

Without question a Day1 for me. The Spaceship game probably too.
You're not alone I love classic Kaiju movies and shows from that era and I collect vintage merch from that time.

Top Bottom