• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Fall 2012 Dashboard Public Beta - Signup Now

Well yeah.
Agltk.jpg

malfcn

Don't know why my Xbox is reading Moderate for Nat these days. The only thing that has changed is being int he Beta and setting the Xbox to DMZ through router. In theory DMZ should make everything open right?

MrDaravon

Update seems to have broken MW3. The first time after the update when I tried to boot into the game it froze on a black screen going from dashboard to disc (which to be fair I've had happen once or twice with this game specifically before). Hard reboot and I was able to get on, but the game said I only had 1 of the 23 Elite DLC's installed, and all of the others were "available" and I couldn't access any DLC. Went back to dashboard and checked storage, I have all of the DLC (and was on it fine yesterday). Now after multiple tries I can't get the game to boot at all, stuck on the black screen.

I have a friend in Ireland who had the same problem multiple times but was finally able to get on. Also looking around at other forums this is being reported a lot for MW3 in the last couple of hours, I'd have to imagine it's tied to this update but no clue. And no I don't have a jtagged system. Fucking great.

That recommended games thing, though incredibly generic of course, actually seems pretty good.

The first time I noticed it I believe it was recommending me Deus Ex HR, and perhaps Syndicate(? I cant remember for sure the second game but it was high quality as well, maybe RAGE?). Because I had played Crysis 2.

At least to me it seemed like they were limiting the recommendations to high quality games I think i'd be happy with were I too actually buy based on it. Of course being a videogames wonk I never will, but it bodes well for Joe Six Pack being happy with it's recommendations.

Update seems to have broken MW3. The first time after the update when I tried to boot into the game it froze on a black screen going from dashboard to disc (which to be fair I've had happen once or twice with this game specifically before). Hard reboot and I was able to get on, but the game said I only had 1 of the 23 Elite DLC's installed, and all of the others were "available" and I couldn't access any DLC. Went back to dashboard and checked storage, I have all of the DLC (and was on it fine yesterday). Now after multiple tries I can't get the game to boot at all, stuck on the black screen.

I have a friend in Ireland who had the same problem multiple times but was finally able to get on. Also looking around at other forums this is being reported a lot for MW3 in the last couple of hours, I'd have to imagine it's tied to this update but no clue. And no I don't have a jtagged system. Fucking great.

Just booted up MW3, and I have all the DLC. No problems here.

That recommended games thing, though incredibly generic of course, actually seems pretty good.
It seems decent enough with retail games, for the most part it just seems to recommend to me strange Japanese niche games, which it's not wrong about.

The XBLA and XBLIG recommendations seems a bit spotty though.

Don't know why my Xbox is reading Moderate for Nat these days. The only thing that has changed is being int he Beta and setting the Xbox to DMZ through router. In theory DMZ should make everything open right?

Yes it should. Ive been having it too. Although they say to not put upnp and port forwarding (or dmz). One or the other.

acm2000

try clearing your hdd cache in the system settings

mhi

I was updating and it crashed. Restarted twice and now I don't get the update notice anymore. This is my third dashboard beta and probably the most problematic, never had a single issue with the previous ones. Hopefully they reward us with early access to Glass or a free XBLA game.

Aspiring

Hey just wondering if the latest update has made anyone's Xbox play up?

It's just since the update my Xbox seems to hard lock on screens all the time. In game on on the dashboard. For example just a minute ago I was just scrolling through the my games and hard lock. 20 minutes before I was playing mass effect 3 and after the bioware logo hard lock. And Its o my happened since the latest update.

Is there somewhere I can shoot an email off to because it's really annoying. And the Xbox is maybe 4 months old.

besiktas1

It's just since the update my Xbox seems to hard lock on screens all the time. In game on on the dashboard. For example just a minute ago I was just scrolling through the my games and hard lock. 20 minutes before I was playing mass effect 3 and after the bioware logo hard lock. And Its o my happened since the latest update.

Is there somewhere I can shoot an email off to because it's really annoying. And the Xbox is maybe 4 months old.
Same here. Was shitting it thinking my Xbox was breaking, glad (but sad) that it's not just me. Maybe another update will fix whatever they borked.

I've had a few hard locks in the past week. I also had one messing around in my games library.

Dabanton

Just read the forum and some posts on here good to see that I'm not the only one having problems with a slow dash and loading since that last update earlier this week.

Hopefully we get a fix soon.

Aspiring

Okay thank for the replies so glad to see that I'm not the only one. Other problems are trying to view friends lists and active downloads. It just takes forever to load. Fingers crossed we get a fix soon!

Top Bottom