• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Claimed length of 13+ hours for DOOM campaign.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Doom 3 was actually very long, but its hard to tell if this wont be a COD length cash-in. Id doubt it since Bethesda and ID typically dont do that.

Good enough length. I didn't love the multiplayer when I played the beta, so I imagine that SP will be the whole of my time with Doom.

I usually take longer to complete games than what developers or others estimate so I'm guessing 15+ hours for me. Sounds good.

Truant

The developers of the game that have played it every day for the last three years spend 13 hours on the campaign?

Sounds good to me. The gameplay looks crazy fun.

xrnzaaas

That's very good news. It'll probably take 20 hours on the highest setting and including stuff like finding secrets.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Even if its 8, thats fine with me.

Replaying Doom 1 and 2 have me excited for this. Hopefully the scripted kill animations don't break up the action too much.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Length is fine, more concerned about whether it will retain the labyrinthian design of the original.

I'm just hoping we don't get a DOOM joke that references any past games. DOOM needs to stay on its own level. I hope it takes itself seriously. It has so far.

Their community team played through the entire game already? Cool, so its been done for a while.

if playing on some sort of hard mode means i'll be spending 10+ hours on my first play then that's good to me, I honestly expect some sort of casual run and gun time to be 4+ unless there's classic doom style level layouts with GASP... puzzles.

inm8num2

What % of those hours is spent watching the execution animations? :p

Just kidding. Anywhere from 10-12 hours is a sweet spot for most modern shooters, so 13+ sounds nice.

I'm just hoping we don't get a DOOM joke that references any past games. DOOM needs to stay on its own level. I hope it takes itself seriously. It has so far.

Their community team played through the entire game already? Cool, so its been done for a while.
Er hang on we are talking about a game that has had the disembodied head of its dev as a final boss, as well as a party hat on a chainsaw zombie.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Er hang on we are talking about a game that has had the disembodied head of its dev as a final boss, as well as a party hat on a chainsaw zombie.

I mean, we don't really want the Marine to turn into Duke Nukem or be too aware of the game he's in. I don't want them to exactly break down the 4th wall, but I would like to see some life to the cast of enemies. I think I can handle a 15 hour long game, maybe even 12 of DOOM. If you aren't ready for MP then you want something to keep you busy.

DieH@rd

Banned
Bethesda PR does not lie about game length. I expect nice long campaign, same as W:TNO [12hrs].

BTW, Rage was 11hrs according to HLTB.

1o5nh4i.gif

Top Bottom