• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Dynamic Theme Thread

Captain N

us.png

► Premium Dynamic Themes ($2.99 each)
○ High Velocity Bowling
○ LittleBigPlanet
○ Pain
○ PixelJunk Monsters

eu.png

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol​

jp.png

► Free Dynamic Themes
○ Afrika: Zebra Theme

► Premium Dynamic Themes (¥200 each)
○ LittleBigPlanet
○ PixelJunk Monsters

hk.png

► Premium Dynamic Themes (HK$ 23.00 each)
○ LittleBigPlanet

other.gif

• How to make a Japanese Account
• A Dev-kit is require to make these, so no user created themes.
• Previews for themes can be viewed on the Playstation Store (US only)
• Background too bright? Settings -> Theme Settings -> Background -> Brightness (-3 works the best)

Aru

Free Afrika theme ? Awesome :D

I'm never gonna pay for a theme, so I'll take all the free ones...

vocab

picture3u.jpg

Picture straight from my TV. The zebras move, eat grass, move some more, and the clouds move. Once in a while you will get the occasional Zebra ass in your face.

did they release creation tools for these like they did for the non-dynamic themes? Or are we gonna have these as an only premium option?

I would like the Afrika theme if the text was visible, as it is, I'm not that interested. The LBP theme looks pretty cool, and I love how it changes with the time of day.

Anyway, here's hoping for a Flower theme. I'd buy that in an instant, and I'd pay even more if it included music.

Tkawsome said:
I would like the Afrika theme if the text was visible, as it is, I'm not that interested. The LBP theme looks pretty cool, and I love how it changes with the time of day.

Anyway, here's hoping for a Flower theme. I'd buy that in an instant, and I'd pay even more if it included music.

Reduce the brightness to -3. That's what I did. Looks awesome that way!

vocab said:
My sparkles are not interactive, and neither is this theme.
Uh, try scrolling through XMB left to right, top to bottom of list. Check out the sparkles near the items being scrolled.

Now tilt / shake your controller :)

vocab said:
I was shaking the controller like an idiot and barely saw the difference. =/
Remember, the DS has a gyro, not accelerometers like a Wii-mote. It's built specifically to calculate tilt, so tilt that thing left, right, towards, away, etc.

Brashnir said:
After all these years, this is what gaming has come to.
Yes, because talking about an interactive OS feature dictates to entire future of the gaming industry :p

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
you know, at the start of this gen I thought that all AAA games would come with packed in gamer pics and themes, it seems like a given, especially considering how cheapo they much be to produce.

Alas...

Spydy

Banned
Slightly OT, but where are the new avatars? No new premium avatars and no additions to the usual list?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm hoping we get some good ones, I'll get the Sackboy one when I have Sony bucks but I'd personally like to see some non game stuff like animated nature(thats whats outside) backgrounds. PS They should make a titties background where you shake the DS3 and the titties bounce.

vocab said:
Some fucking weird Grimace looking theme, and Pixel Junk Monsters.

!!!

Looks pretty cool. I'm definitely interested, but if it's just the main dude running back and forth, I might pass. Here's hoping they show what's "dynamic" about it.

shagg_187 said:
Reduce the brightness to -3. That's what I did. Looks awesome that way!

Thanks. I'll try that out tomorrow.

Snuggler said:
I'd personally like to see some non game stuff like animated nature(thats whats outside) backgrounds.

Same here. Most of my backgrounds are nature photography. Waves hitting the beach, or trees swaying in the wind will most likely get my money.

vocab

Rez said:
you know, at the start of this gen I thought that all AAA games would come with packed in gamer pics and themes, it seems like a given, especially considering how cheapo they much be to produce.

Alas...

This whole generation is all about micro transactions, and getting every last dollar from the consumer. Fucking Korean MMO's.

Spydy said:
Slightly OT, but where are the new avatars? No new premium avatars and no additions to the usual list?

Check back thursday when the store gets updated.

angelfly

Snuggler said:
I'm hoping we get some good ones, I'll get the Sackboy one when I have Sony bucks but I'd personally like to see some non game stuff like animated nature(thats whats outside) backgrounds. PS They should make a titties background where you shake the DS3 and the titties bounce.

I'd like to see a fish tank.

is this thread specifically for the idiots who paid 2.99 for Little Big Planet theme ?

Which by the way is fucking awesome

Raises hand!

Top Bottom