• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge #191

Aurelius

Just posted on rllmukforum. Please lock if old.

Start: iPhone gaming

Hype:
Street Fighter IV
Fracture
CoD:5
Dark Void
Far Cry 2
Velvet Assasin
Bionic Commando
Soul Caliber 4
Midnight club: los angeles
Tomb raider underworld
Zero:Tsukihami no kamen
Infinite Undiscovery
Stalker:clear sky
Facebreaker
Skate it
Dead Space
Tom Clancy's HAWX
Tom Clancys Endwar

Features:
Cliffy B interview
DC Universe online
Segagaga
Smash Bros Brawl interview - Masahiro Sakurai
John Romero interview

Reviews:
Alone in the dark 7
Battlefield: bad Company 7
Ninja Gaiden 8
Bourne Conspiracy 4
Age of Conan: Hyborian adventures 7
Incredible hulk 4
Ferrari Challenge 7
FFCC:MLAAK 7
Buzz Quiz Tv 7
SBK08 Superbike world championship 5
Beijing 2008 5
Don king presenrs prizefighter 4
Tv show king 5

Region Specific: North East uk

Time extend: Einhander
Making of: Earthworm Jim

Timber

What does Bleszinski have to say about MGS4? :p

Nice score for Alone in the Dark, kind of unexpected. And what's the interview with Romero about?

Scarecrow

SLow month for reviews. Are we finally hitting a summer slow season? Does anything of note come out before October?

konrad77

Aurelius said:
Ninja Gaiden 8
Edited to avoiding being banned. Funny that you can't express that you don't agree with a score without beeing warned. Ninja Gaiden II got the same score as Metal Gear Solid IV.... very strange in my eyes.

^ You should edit that out. Just warning you. (to konrad77)

And I am surpriseda bout Alone in the Dark. Edge gives it a 7, Gametrailer give it 7+, yet everywhere else says its awful.

Timber said:
What does Bleszinski have to say about MGS4? :p

Nice score for Alone in the Dark, kind of unexpected. And what's the interview with Romero about?
not entirely surprising. Edge seem to be kinder on the those games that swing for the fences and don't make it than a lot of places. they value ambition and originality pretty highly.

Linkzg said:
^ You should edit that out. Just warning you.

And I am surpriseda bout Alone in the Dark. Edge gives it a 7, Gametrailer give it 7+, yet everywhere else says its awful.
And this is why we can't have nice things if inovative yet flawed games get shunned. Although I should play the game before calling it innovative lol

Prime crotch said:
And this is why we can't have nice things if inovative yet flawed games get shunned. Although I should play the game before calling it innovative lol
no, it is innovative. it's debatable whether they're good innovations or not, but no other game shares a number of it's features.

Eek, most games slaughtered. Shame about Buzz! TV

Wikipedia:
On December 20, 2006, John Romero announced a new FPS project for the Cyberathlete Professional League titled Severity for both consoles and PC.

I assume that's what this interview is about?

Timber

McBacon said:
Wait, Alone in the Dark wasn't made in England...
And wait again, Haze was!

Really curious about the Romero interview. Is it about what he's doing now or about ION Storm?

RubberJohnny said:
They don't. Didn't the editor of Edge say just a few months ago that a flawed masterpiece could get a 10?
I was talking about the gaming media in general, Edge giving a 7 it's a pretty damn good score.

Sule

Just want to take this opportunity to apologize for saying that the last cover (MadWorld) wasn't all that great. I got it in the mail myself and it's fucking awesome irl. Any scans of this months cover (they are allowed, no?)?

FabCam said:
More inconsistent reviewing by EDGE...
i no rite
Sule said:
(they are allowed, no?)?
Covers and next month is allowed as they constitute as adverts. The rest is off limits. They haven't been scanned yet but I'll do it when I get mine unless someone beats me to the punch.

Romero: perhaps MMO he's been working on with Slipgate Ironworks (the bug: rllmuk)

Slurmer

Banned
I find that EDGE is always a good read, even in the gaming doldrums of summer. Just wish the subscription price wasn't so hefty.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

EXGN

Really curious what they said about Segaga... would be really funny if they are porting it to the 360 or Wii lol

For those that don't know, Segaga was a game made by Sega for the Dreamcast. Its an RPG that puts you in the penny loafers of a new Sega employee in charge of keeping Sega afloat against a new video game giant(its supposed to be Sony).

Top Bottom