• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Respawn Confirms Attrition Will Be Back in Titanfall 2 [Up: Gameplay Footage]

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
OK, I know Respawn heavily hinted it, with the confirmation being a formality, but they've officially confirmed it now on Reddit.

Hi Reddit friends,
I write this post to you because I know a lot of you have seen my #BePatient comments and dislike it or find it to mean I'm trolling. I do it out of love (sometimes it's borderline trolling lol) I rather you be angry than feel like we don't see your complaints and begin to run with random stories lol. So I'm here to tell you that I'm ending my #BePatient campaign! Going forward I'm going to use #WeDidITReddit
P.S - Attrition is in Titanfall 2. #WeDidITReddit
Lowkeydbjosh out!

Thought this deserved it's own thread since it's an outright confirmation.

Gameplay of Attrition on PC (Embargo has lifted): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TwE_05W04o

More Attrition gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qGsLKzmEgA&feature=youtu.be&t=4m

Gameplay showing new Titans (Thanks, Theorry!) ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwYcavAs6so[

More gameplay and this one shows wallrunning on the new map better (I think): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIXA3v-T2zs&feature=youtu.be&a

New official "Pilots" trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHvoaAAhGno&feature=youtu.be

Tone Titan review:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uDaP-x3XWY

Press release directed to Titanfall site, which announced PC requirements and other stuff (If someone wants to split this into a new post, or if someone wants to create a new thread, be my guest. Lots of info):

Titanfall 2 PC System Requirements
Minimum
OS - Win 7/8/8.1/10 64bit
CPU - Intel Core i3-3600t or equivalent
RAM - 8GB
HDD Free Space - 45GB
GPU - NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
DirectX - 11
Internet Connection - 512Kbps or faster

Recommended
CPU - Intel Core i5-6600 or equivalent
RAM - 16GB
HDD Free Space - 45GB
GPU - NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB, AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB
DirectX - 11
Ultra 4K60
CPU - Intel Core i7-6700k or equivalent
RAM - 16GB
HDD Free Space - 45GB
GPU - NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 8GB
DirectX - 11

PC Options
And what about PC-specific goodies? If you've got the horsepower you can crank up VFX particle counts, shadow detail, and enable HBAO+ for the most supreme Titanfall 2 experience. Might as well play with that FOV slider while you're at it. If you're one of those ultra-immersive types then you'll be happy to know that ultra-wide 21:9 monitors are supported at 2560x1080 and 3440x1440. Actually, you know what? Here's the list:

PC Video Options
Anti-Aliasing – None, TSAA, MSAA (2x, 4x, 8x)
Ambient Occlusion – Enabled, Disabled
Aspect Ratio – 4:3, 16:9, 16:10, 21:9
Brightness - Slider
Display Mode – Fullscreen, Windowed
Dynamic Spot Shadows – Enabled, Disabled
Effects Detail – Low, Medium, High
FOV – Slider
Impact Marks – Disabled, Low, High
Model Detail – Low, Medium, High
Ragdolls – Low, Medium, High
Spot Shadow Detail – Disabled, Low, High, Very High
Sun Shadow Detail – Disabled, Low, High, Very High
Texture Filtering - Bilinear, Trilinear, Anisotropic (2x, 4x, 8x, 16x)
Texture Quality - Low, Medium, High, Very High, Insane
V-Sync - V-Sync Disabled, Double buffered V-sync, Triple buffered V-Sync, NVIDIA Adaptive V-Sync, NVIDIA Adaptive Half-refresh V-Sync, Dynamic V-Sync
Other PC Features
Uncapped framerate up to 144fps (on a 60hz display with V-Sync Disabled you can run up to 144fps)
Fully remappable key bindings
Mouse acceleration enable/disable
Individual localization audio files to reduce download and installation size
Gamepad support with multiple configs and sensitivity options
Savegame and config stored in the cloud (video and control configs are editable .txt files!)
Voice and text chat in-game and in-Network
Multiplayer anti-cheat out of the box

Lots more discussed here: https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/pc-specs/

Finally!

But please Respawn, give some incentive for people trying other modes.

I know that many people are afraid of even trying objective modes..., but they might discover they actually like it.

EDIT: PC version seems great. 21:9 support, better mouse support. I'm in!

Orayn

I really hope the reaction to this opens some peoples' eyes about how badly Titanfall needs AI enemies.

Lunar15

I'm one of those who doesn't think Attrition was a great mode, and I was usually pretty bummed it ate up the player base. I'd prefer if we just got more AI in other objective based modes, like conquest.

But hey, people really liked this mode, so it was silly they didn't show this off from the get-go.

CowntChocula

Neo Member
It's funny there has to be a thread about this because I don't think Respawn ever said it was NOT going to be in the game? I think that internet rumor just snowballed because it wasn't a game option in the tech test which is silly.

Chris1

So it was always in the game then if there's already people playing it? I don't get all the secrecy LOL. I'm confused

Definitely glad it's back though, dunno if it's the guy playing it (only skimmed through it, will watch rest later) or what but the map looks too wide to do proper wallruns.. I guess that's where the grappling hook would come in but if it's so reliant on that I can't help but feel it should be available for everyone at all times, not as an optional item. It looks better than the others at least so I'm hoping it's just the guy playing.

ryseing

It's funny there has to be a thread about this because I don't think Respawn ever said it was NOT going to be in the game? I think that internet rumor just snowballed because it wasn't a game option in the tech test which is silly.

They described Bounty Hunt as an upgraded Attrition, and they were squirrelly when asked directly about Attrition being in the game. There was some cause for concern.

Izuna

Banned
Reddit posts confirms a few things:

- It wasn't originally going to be in (like omg)
- It will be tacked on (so maps are not necessarily built for the mode)
- It won't be out for launch

~

yeah so... pre-order cancelled justified?

So watching this PC demo...............................................

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Good addition listening to the feedback but im still not convinced. the gameplay just doesnt feel the same.

Now shields

Battery system is fine learn how to play you get an overshield if you enter the Titan with a battery. They would need to change the rodeo system and that's not happening so get over it.

I personally found the batteries to be a fun mechanic. You can keep a Titan way longer if you pick up batteries when your shield gets low.

Izuna

Banned
BIG EDIT POST:

Okay this map looks fine.

Minions no longer show up on the map? Is there a Minion Detector in this game? I know you're listening Respawn devs

40mm seems weak against Titans, not anywhere near as damaging as I would like.

---

Can we have SOME indication that the UI may change? I wanna know how many Grunts I kill or how many points I get in one 'nade etc.

Trup1aya

Glad to see that they are listening, but this video didn't do much to instill confidence.

It could have been that the player wasn't very good, but it still doesn't look nearly as chaotic and fun as TF1... :/

Aerogamer

Neo Member
The video also confirms LTS. Now batteries are scattered around the map and respawn at certain intervals. I hope they just eventually have rechargeable shields like before, at least for LTS because a 2 v 1 or 3 v 1 may become hard to do without shields recharging. It adds more strategy having rechargeable shields.

Izuna

Banned
Aight so... Ronin appears to play like a beast.

Respawn, this game looks incredible. Why did you give us only the ass maps in the Tech Test? ;)

edit: and the Plasma Railgun looks dope now. Nice that you can charge without zooming in.

Top Bottom