• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TESO, Fallout 4, and Doom live gameplay demos to be shown at QuakeCon 2015

ezekial45

Banned
http://www.quakecon.org/blog/2015/07/09/2-weeks-to-quakecon-schedule-of-events/

Bare in mind, these are behind closed doors, and they won't be shown to the public.

Fallout 4

Fans in attendance will have the opportunity to join Bethesda Game Studios’ Game Director, Todd Howard, for an exclusive QuakeCon presentation of Fallout 4 – taking place on the Ventrilo Main Stage on Friday, July 24th at 1pm.

DOOM

On Saturday, July 25th at 3pm, join members of id Software’s development team as they take the Ventrilo Main Stage for a special panel discussion on their upcoming first-person shooter, DOOM.

Sounds great! I'm hoping someone is crafty enough to get a leak out like they did for Skyrim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ3wZbpCmfw

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Really looking forward to seeing more Doom.

Bare in mind, these are behind closed doors, and they won't be shown to the public.

Well at least they can hopefully tone down their reactions a little, they got way too excited about Doom IMO. Don't agree with Fallout 4 stuff being behind closed doors, what the fuck does that have to do with Quake?!

A-V-B

FO4 behind closed doors? And it's released in 4 months?

...are they going to release a grossly incomplete game or something?

Just justifying the ticket price of a convention based around a long dead gaming franchise I guess? It's no comment on the state of FO4.

Absolutely. Time to paniiiiiiiiiic.

In all seriousness, boo that it's behind closed doors. I wanted more Todd Howard. <3

ezekial45

Banned

They did the same for Skyrim back in 2011. Take that as you will.

Well at least they can hopefully tone down their reactions a little, they got way too excited about Doom IMO. Don't agree with Fallout 4 stuff being behind closed doors, what the fuck does that have to do with Quake?!

Zenimax (Bethesda) owns iD Software, which ran QuakeCon. Since they purchased them, they pretty much show their upcoming titles there for people.

LDAF

Oh, for fuck's sake, they did the exact same thing with Doom last year, they reveal the game at E3, and then they pull this stunt again...

d9mq69H.gif

ezekial45

Banned
Yeah, we ended up getting some good live tweets about the Doom gameplay they showed off last year. So if there are no leaks, we'll no doubt get some good impressions.

ezekial45

Banned
Just a reminder that this is going down in a couple days. Should be fun. IGN and the other press outlets will be doing liveblogs of the presentations.

Draft

Does J. Edgar Hoover direct PR for Bethesda? This behind closed doors thing is annoying. Just show the games!

ezekial45

Banned
Does J. Edgar Hoover direct PR for Bethesda? This behind closed doors thing is annoying. Just show the games!

Much like Comic-Con, they want to 'reward' attendees with exclusive content. Though I'm wondering how that's gonna go over for F4. If people are thirsty enough for info, then someone will get a leak out.

A behind-closed-doors demo for a game coming out in less than four months rubs me the wrong way, especially for a game people still have so many questions about.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Closed door is such a silly practice because if people want it bad enough someone will leak it and then you'll have thousands and thousands of people watching sub-par, low quality hidden camera bullshit that doesn't show your game or movie off well at all. As well as getting misinformation by people who were there, but misheard something or are just all around brain dead and make shit up and put it out there in a vain attempt to get clicks or noticed first.

If you are willing to let some of the general public see something, let all of the general public see it.

Wolfie5

QuakeCon 2015 Schedule

Welcome to QuakeCon
July 23: 11am PT, 1pm CT, 2pm ET, 7pm BT, 4am AET July 24
Half hour intro

Fallout 4
July 24: 11am PT, 1pm CT, 2pm ET, 7pm BT, 4am AET July 25
No stream :( Will be a liveblog(better than nothing I guess)

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
July 24: 2:30 pm PT, 4:30pm CT, 5:30pm ET, 10:30pm BT, 7:30am AET July 25
Panel stream live

Doom
July 25: 1pm PT, 3pm CT, 4pm ET, 9pm BT, 6am AET July 26
Stream live

Link:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/23/quakecon-2015-what-to-expect-from-quakecon-2015

Lakitu

st5fu
I hope someone films the Fallout 4 demo, even if it's shitty quality. I'm going to eat that shit up like a bolognese.

xPixels

Neo Member
I assume there's not going to be a surprise Elder Scrolls 6 announcement or anything, right? ESO is great and all, but it doesn't really satisfy that need to stuff hundreds of cheese wheels in my house.

Lingitiz

I assume there's not going to be a surprise Elder Scrolls 6 announcement or anything, right? ESO is great and all, but it doesn't really satisfy that need to stuff hundreds of cheese wheels in my house.

BGS is doing FO4 so unless someone else is making it don't expect a Elder Scrolls 6 until like...2018/2019.

G-Fex

QuakeCon 2015 Schedule

Welcome to QuakeCon
July 23: 11am PT, 1pm CT, 2pm ET, 7pm BT, 4am AET July 24
Half hour intro

Fallout 4
July 24: 11am PT, 1pm CT, 2pm ET, 7pm BT, 4am AET July 25
No stream :( Will be a liveblog(better than nothing I guess)

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
July 24: 2:30 pm PT, 4:30pm CT, 5:30pm ET, 10:30pm BT, 7:30am AET July 25
Panel stream live

Doom
July 25: 1pm PT, 3pm CT, 4pm ET, 9pm BT, 6am AET July 26
Stream live

Link:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/23/quakecon-2015-what-to-expect-from-quakecon-2015

Looks like they're giving into all the whining about Fallout 4 not being first since Beth's E3 conference.

Lakitu

st5fu
So the Fallout 4 presentation starts in little over one hour, somebody going to create a thread? We'll be getting live blogging, possibly some audio and a small hope of some leaked video too.

Oscar

Just justifying the ticket price of a convention based around a long dead gaming franchise I guess? It's no comment on the state of FO4.
The convention floor and panels are free to attend at Quakecon. The only thing that costs money is the BYOC area.

ezekial45

Banned
The Fallout panel is coming up in the next 40 minutes. IGN and some other outlets will be liveblogging it for now.

If anyone wants to make a new thread for it, they can.

foxtrot3d

Banned
The Fallout panel is coming up in the next 40 minutes. IGN and some other outlets will be liveblogging it for now.

If anyone wants to make a new thread for it, they can.

Please for the love of GOD someone secretly record this and upload it and hope that Bethesda doesn't take it down.

Top Bottom