• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 Xbox One/W10 digital code for $23 at cdkeys

watjijsf.jpg

Just so everyone knows what to expect.

As a sidenote you should also know you're downloading 126GB to basically only play the single player campaign. Unless you squad up with some GAFers, Horde is unplayable as people quit within the first 3 rounds and if people do magically stay, everyone leaves by 20. You can play social multiplayer but it's so boring, ranked is dead since there's no crossplay and maybe 3 people in the world play gears on PC still, me being one of them.

It is seriously one of the best, if not the best, optimized PC games I've played since I've started gaming on PC. I have over 142 games on PC so far and this was surprisingly one of the best experiences for me in terms of performance. SO many graphics options as well.

Theorry

As a sidenote you should also know you're downloading 126GB to basically only play the single player campaign. Unless you squad up with some GAFers, Horde is unplayable as people quit within the first 3 rounds and if people do magically stay, everyone leaves by 20. You can play social multiplayer but it's so boring, ranked is dead since there's no crossplay and maybe 3 people in the world play gears on PC still, me being one of them.

Use LFG for Horde its great.

Kssio_Aug

Not my luck day. I bought Doom right now with paypal. It than asks my phone number to confirm the purchase and send me the code.

I write my number, but it says it's invalid. And yeah, I put my regional code.

Had to open a support ticket to solve this situation. Hopefully it won't take long.

Edit: They did answer me already. Downloading the game! =)

Mupod

Worth it for the pc version quality tho.

yeah quality like the end of act 3 bug where the game just goes to a black screen and won't let me progress. Or the memory leaks forcing me to restart every hour or so.

I've been trying to get some help with these issues to no avail. But it's baffling that so much work seems to have gone into this version and it has game breaking bugs still. Oh well, 20 bucks, Horde still works and I played a ton of that all weekend.

It's a good version of the game but it's way too big. They pushed something like a 30gb update during my campaign playthrough and I couldn't figure out a way to launch the game without downloading the update. It was just multiplayer stuff too. I ended up uninstalling it out of frustration without finishing the game :|

At least it's not like Horizon 3 where it (was) a bad port and also still way too big.

Its bound to one account.

Can I gameshare this and play multiplayer? I don't have an xbox anymore, but I am planning on using gameshare. The only reason I haven't purchased this already is because my friend just got an xbox one, and I'm wondering if I need to buy two copies for co-op.

edit: Now I'm trying to figure out how game sharing even works. I have my microsoft account, and gave my xbox one to a friend. Can I share that with my one friend that the one Xbox to, and play xbox anywhere titles with them? Like gears 4? Also, will this mess with my PC at all?

multiplayer is easily the best version of Gears but it's not for everyone. Horde is okay if you want some co-op except when people people quit which is really annoying.

as of right now this is the state of competitive game modes on PC:

- TDM or KOTH (rotates weekly)
- Escalation
---------------------------------------------
- Social (Crossplay XB1)
- Competitive Warm Up (Crossplay XB1)

so, it's two crossplay modes with XB1 players and two PC only modes that are barren population wise. couldn't find a single game yesterday after 30 mins of queue

Lkr

im dying here.
i bought an xbox one s that came with gears 4. i figured it would be a code, but it is the disc and therefore i can't ever play on PC. should i drop $20 to buy the same game twice? at least i wouldn't need to worry about the disc again on xbox, but still...

The campaign is decent enough but having to deal with W10 store shenanigans? No thanks.

I find it extremely bizarre how Microsoft has not fixed the store in Windows 10, considering how much they are pushing their games with the Play Anywhere marketing. At this point Play Anywhere has lost a lot of its luster (to me at least) due to how poorly the store performs with big AAA games.

My first experience with a game in the store was installing Gears 4 shortly after release, which was a complete gong show. 5 or 6 tries and about 350GB worth of downloads to finally get it to install. I bought a bigger SSD (had post install issues with the Anniversary build of Windows, yet another head scratcher) and had issues installing Gears again, 6 months later.

In my experience pausing the download/install of Gears could cause the install fail, deleting whatever you had downloaded to that point. If you do buy the game I recommend pausing the install as few times as possible when installing it.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Bah, I've wanted to play this for ages but I've pretty much spent my gaming budget on the Steam sale already.

Chobel

im dying here.
i bought an xbox one s that came with gears 4. i figured it would be a code, but it is the disc and therefore i can't ever play on PC. should i drop $20 to buy the same game twice? at least i wouldn't need to worry about the disc again on xbox, but still...

Sell the disk.

That's a nice discount.

The game is free if you have a gamepass subscription, though.

And you can have it for 1 dollar, if you are new to gamepass (assuming the promo still runs).

I played Gears 4 on release on xbox, but I'll definitely bite again at this price for PC. Damn, that's less than a pack of smokes.

Top Bottom