• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR would love Xbox One+PS4 cross play for Gwent, just waiting on Sony

Chris1

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/07/...vea-ps4-xbox-one-cross-network-play-for-gwent

Our upcoming Gwent: The Witcher Card Game will launch in closed beta for PC and Xbox One later this year, and Microsoft already confirmed Gwent's cross-play feature not only between Xbox One and PC, but also other consoles if they allow it. We also do have a technical solution in place for PS4 and would love to add Sony’s platform to cross-play at the start of open beta. All we need is a green light from Sony."

FelipeMGM

Oh boy, Sony is screwed with this. They will be see (kinda rightfully) as the bad guys unless they allow this thing.

Do it Shuhei

LewieP

No mention of Steam in this article, did anyone hear anything about Steam for this game? I gather the beta was only on GOG, but that's to be expected.

I hope these cross platform games create a way for me to invite friends from the other platforms if/when it happens.

If I can't play with my friends from other platforms and only randoms, then I don't really care about it being cross platform. Randoms are randoms to me no matter what theyre playing on.

Justified

Damn Microsoft managed to turn the cross-platform denier title on Sony really quick.

Makes me wonder why Sony was ready. They should have known it was coming once MS relaxed their online wall garden

Ashtar

Ball's in your court Geralt.
Geralt
607_3094382_131eda5608abadd.gif

FelipeMGM

I hope these cross platform games create a way for me to invite friends from the other platforms if/when it happens.

If I can't play with my friends from other platforms and only randoms, then I don't really care about it being cross platform. Randoms are randoms to me no matter what theyre playing on.

Well, you can do that in Rocket League between PS4 and PC & XB1 and PC, so Im sure full cross will have that option as well

etta

my hard graphic balls
Suddenly Sony has got many balls in their court I bet.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get it up and running for FIFA, Battlefield 1, and Infinite Warfare + Modern Warfare Remastered.

Garlador

I don't know why Sony wouldn't allow it. They do for Rocket League and they have no problems with FF14 being cross-platform (Microsoft was the hold-up on that one, not Sony).

Chris1

Are they seriously not launching this on iPad and Android tablets? Missed opportunity imo.
Will be surprised if it doesn't come later on, could be just focusing on getting consoles out first because there's no real card game competitor in that space.

That's the next step I'd say, once Sony sorts it out we'll start seeing things like this. Cross platform parties will happen at some point I'm sure, just need to get over this first hurdle before we get to that IMO. EA, Ubisosft and Blizzard already have their own account systems they just have to integrate it directly into the game. Smaller/indie devs might have a problem there but a cheap workaround would be to just have a key-locked party system (enter name/ID of party, enter key set by party host, then you're in party). I do think it'll come though

ps3ud0

No mention of Steam in this article, did anyone hear anything about Steam for this game? I gather the beta was only on GOG, but that's to be expected.
All Ive seen mentioned is Win 10 but that was from the MS E3 conference

ps3ud0 8)

We need more developers and publishers to weigh in on this, put some pressure on Sony.

I would love to play Destiny from my Xbox with my PS4 friends one day

Ball's in your court Geralt.

Soooo. Ball's in your court Sony!!!

Did I do it right?

There's so many balls on Sony's court they aren't bothering to take them anymore

Suddenly Sony has got many balls in their court I bet.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get it up and running for FIFA, Battlefield 1, and Infinite Warfare + Modern Warfare Remastered.

Sony Interactive Entertainment: Ball's on our court.

Get those balls checked Sony.

The more balls there are the better it is.
Clearly I'm missing something

odhiex

I'm sure it will happen, Sony just need to believe that allowing this will not hurting their platform.

Do it, Sony !!

LewieP

All Ive seen mentioned is Win 10 but that was from the MS E3 conference

ps3ud0 8)

Oh yeah, that's right. GOG/Windows App Store are all they confirmed, but you'd have to imagine they'd want to do a Steam version too, despite not having mentioned it yet.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Too bad there's no reason for Sony to accept cross-play considering the position they're in.

Neiteio

I'm not even interested in Gwent, but on principle I want as much cross-platform play as possible.

C'mon, Sony.

Talax

Does Sony even have a reason to do this? Isn't this like giving up the advantage of a larger userbase in competitive games? They would basically be giving xbox access to a larger playerbase which can be considered a selling point of their own console.

CaptNink

Does Sony even have a reason to do this? Isn't this like giving up the advantage of a larger userbase in competitive games? They would basically be giving xbox access to a larger playerbase which can be considered a selling point of their own console.

This is why it's never going to happen.

flkraven

So I guess Microsoft just signed off on cross play for everything here on out? I wonder what's stopping Sony? Maybe some background stuff I guess.

Sony might be waiting for NX launch and put the ball on Nintendo court.

For the whooping 7 or 8 multiplatform games it gets before third parties move on to greener pastures like usual?

I'm sure this will happen eventually, Sony have been doing it for years with PC, they just haven't had the benefit of prepping cross-console support in the background like Microsoft have.

Gotta say, I can't help but roll my eyes at CDPR going public with this though, given Gwent's Xbone timed exclusivity.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Pretty much.

Obviously Microsoft will keep talking about cross-play as there are only advantages for them in it, and people will get mad at Sony for not opening up.

Angel_DvA

This, Sony don't need it, they won't do it.

Son Of D

#4ThePlayers

In all seriousness it wouldn't look good for Sony if they're the sole reason why cross-play isn't a thing between PS4/XB1 games.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
For people wondering why this isn't on tablets, this is a whole game. You aren't just playing cards even though that's the major focus. You can walk around, talk to people, etc.

The only reason they have to do this is to be pro-consumer. I highly doubt that they will, though, because there isn't money in it for them.

Could be a pretty bad move for them not to because of the PR.

Top Bottom