• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakitu said:
Thanks for your impressions

By comparison, what did you think of the first two campaigns?

And is the level you're talking about ...
Cortana
? A yes or no will suffice.

I liked both of the first two games. I was one of the few that thought Halo 2 was on par with the first.

That's the one. Just needlessly frustrating. There's a special place in hell for whomever designed that level.

Tieno

6f7bi12.gif

Found a small starry night making of vid on the digitaldomain website.
http://digitaldomain.com/admin/file.php?id=1368

Ramirez

Went and paid of my preorder today, he told me to be there at 9 for the line, seems kind of overkill for this place though. I really don't feel like sitting in line for 3 hours if it's not really necessary. I learned my lesson sitting in line for things when I sat in line for a Wii in like 30 degree weather for like 5 hours. :(

Lakitu said:
I think I'm going to love it :D

I enjoyed The Library

What exactly is wrong with
Cortana? Does it have a bunch of flood or something? Is it too long? Plz no story spoilers to whoever answers this question...

Eric WK

Ramirez said:
Went and paid of my preorder today, he told me to be there at 9 for the line, seems kind of overkill for this place though. I really don't feel like sitting in line for 3 hours if it's not really necessary. I learned my lesson sitting in line for things when I sat in line for a Wii in like 30 degree weather for like 5 hours. :(

Yeah, I'm wondering how early is too early. My buddy and I are going and he wants to be first in line, which I understand, but I don't want to be sitting there forever if it's not necessary.

But it might be alright. He's bringing his laptop and an extension cord so we'll be getting in some Halo 2 Vista and GAF checks throughout the night.

Ramirez said:

I got told the same thing today when I went to change my pre-order. Don't know if I'm going to do the whole midnight thing anymore. I might just go the next morning to get my regular edition game.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Ramirez said:

Yeah, I got an automated call today telling me to be there at nine. Negatory. I got an early copy of the game, and I've had my Legendary Edition paid off for a few months, so I'm in no rush. I'll get there around 12:15 a.m. or so.

Lakitu

st5fu
The Lamonster said:
Cortana? Does it have a bunch of flood or something? Is it too long? Plz no story spoilers to whoever answers this question...

As far as i know it has a lot of flood but that's all I know about it

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
The Lamonster said:
No story spoilers:
It's pretty much entirely indoors, with tight corridors, and lots and lots of Flood. That's about it. It's such a drastic change from how the game's been (vehicle battles and such) that it's sort of a mood killer. But the story that gets told in that level makes it well worth it, IMO. Also, IIRC, it's one of the shortest levels in the game.

Ramirez said:
I was just gonna watch those pre launch shows until about 11:30 then head down. :lol

Sounds like a plan. I'm going to drive down at like 12:30 and see what the line is like or if I can even get the game. If not, I'm going home.

Lakitu

st5fu
immy said:
I'm getting a bit worried, you guys don't seem as positive as gaf was on bioshock :(

Not seen the Bioshock thread, but probably about 90% of the impressions in here have been positive. Relax, it's going to blow your balls off!

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
immy said:
I'm getting a bit worried, you guys don't seem as positive as gaf was on bioshock :(
This game is so much bigger in scale and epicness than BioShock, there are simply more things to dislike. The game is still heaps better than BioShock (which I agree was a 10/10 game).

The Lamonster said:

It's a level with twisting, narrow corridors and it's jam-packed with Flood. There aren't a lot of weapons in the level, so fighting many times isn't an option. Oftentimes you just have to run and hope for the best. I didn't die on any of the first several levels, I died on this level 10 times more than the ret of the game combined. You just get overwhelmed by them, and once you get to the end of the level there are really narrow walkways that are quite easy to plummet to your death from. Oh, and when you finally get to the end you find out you have to fight your way back out again. Not really fun.

Xater

Cocopjojo said:
This game is so much bigger in scale and epicness than BioShock, there are simply more things to dislike. The game is still heaps better than BioShock (which I agree was a 10/10 game).

It's not better but a different kind of awesome. :D

Still no MP :(. Tmorrow maybe? Luke? Someone?

CougRon

immy said:
Bioshock being good came as a complete surprise. Everyone has known Halo 3 is the best for a long time now. It gets exhausting posting about it all the time :D

FightyF

Banned
I went to a local EB to pre-order and surprisingly they were taking some of the normal and Limited Edition. I brought up the issue of loose CDs in the LEs, and they didn't hear about it, but one did recall that a bunch of them were rattling when he held them.

He said he plans to swap it then and there for a non-scratched copy and guarenteed the same for me. So I'm getting an LE!

FightyF said:
I went to a local EB to pre-order and surprisingly they were taking some of the normal and Limited Edition. I brought up the issue of loose CDs in the LEs, and they didn't hear about it, but one did recall that a bunch of them were rattling when he held them.

He said he plans to swap it then and there for a non-scratched copy and guarenteed the same for me. So I'm getting an LE!

I don't see how they can do this unless they have more than the pre-orders. Which, I doubt is true (at least at my store).

Toothpick

FightyF said:

I went yesterday and all you could pre-order is the regular :(

Lakitu

st5fu
PaulRTC said:
I have had no such notice and I ordered the same edition from the same place. /me starts to worry

Hmm, did you check your order status in the orders screen? When did you pre-order it? I know someone who pre-ordered an Ltd edition and had it despatched yesterday. I'm sure yours will be despatched on Monday and still in time for Wednesday.

Acosta

About the level, no story spoilers:

The level is annoying as hell, the game is fantastic, but I am sure many people are not going to be happy with that part. Is really, really annoying and even not fun at all.

And a tip, please don´t put fighting Bioshock with Halo 3, they are drastically different. Both games are awesome at their own way.

Cdammen

Listening to the Halo: Combat Evolved OST... Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori are fucking geniuses. Without them the Halo series would lack the epic "omph" and unique feel :)

Now I'll hunt down the Halo 2 OST, some shop here in Sweden has got to have it in stock.

HolyStar

Banned
CougRon said:
Interesting pic from HBO of IGN's most popular games

ign_love.jpg

When did the ps2 version of Halo come out? :D

*prolly beaten*

It never came out :(. Which is kind of sad. Guess they needed it for Xbox only so they can sell systems.

ElRenoRaven

So weak couldn't take it. Had to stop by. See it hasn't been that bad around here actually.

Also That sounds like my kind of level. Sounds like a fun and crazy level to me. I loved all the levels in Halo. Hell I honestly haven't hated a level in either of the first 2.

I may not be a spoiler person but I don't mind general stuff. Only spoilers I hate are cutscenes and storyline things.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Acosta said:
And a tip, please don´t put fighting Bioshock with Halo 3, they are drastically different. Both games are awesome at their own way.
I agree. I enjoy Halo more, but you're definately right: they're two completely different games and can't really be compared accurately.

SpudBud

Acosta said:
About the level, no story spoilers:

The level is annoying as hell, the game is fantastic, but I am sure many people are not going to be happy with that part. Is really, really annoying and even not fun at all.

Library annoying or worse?

gray_fox224

CougRon said:
Interesting pic from HBO of IGN's most popular games

ign_love.jpg

When did the ps2 version of Halo come out? :D

Didnt Mangod mention that Halo CE was once running on PS2 hardware? It was either on retronauts or 1up yours...a rumor that is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom