• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritz

Banned
It seems people's impression of the 8th level is the same as my own.

I haven't played much multiplayer yet, but I did have a small run-through of Forge. I spent about 30 minutes deleting every damn object from Valhalla, only to accidentally quit out of it before saving. I wish there was an option to start a map on a blank slate. Save people the effort of deleting spawn points and grenades, which are everywhere. (In an update, maybe?)

Does anyone know how to make objects permanently stay in the air? I've tried stacking 5 or so crates and then deleting the bottom ones, but the moment they're disturbed they fall back to the ground. I really want to construct some floating platforms and such, but I can't work out how.

Saved films in Campaign is annoying, too. Some of the stuff I pulled off in
the warthog run
would have worked great in a film if I could be bothered to fast-forward for half an hour.

I'll probably try some co-op later tonight; see if latency can get in the way of a good time. (Australians, Americans and English in a game, for example.)

soco

man. i must be the biggest weak sauce gamer. i started playing on normal, and that seemed to easy so i changed it to heroic and started over, and now i'm dying like 50x more than on normal.

GreekWolf

I've been playing for three hours and haven't even bothered to start level 2 yet due to the sheer INSANO AWESOMENESS of theater mode :D

Watching myself get pwned time and time again is the funniest thing I've ever seen. Watching it from a brute's perspective is even better.

llTll

Banned
why when i play co op game with my brother, i see 2 black bar on the both sides of the screen [ like its wide screen ], yet when i play single player. there is none. do i have problem with my copy? which is strange because even in the videos in co op is full screen

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Mojovonio said:
Where?

I took some awesome Sierra shots and they're nowhere to be seen.
You shouldn't have to put them in your fileshare.

You were connected to Live at the time of taking them, right? And you've got your gamertag linked to your profile on b.net?

Link me to your b.net profile.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Kritz said:
It seems people's impression of the 8th level is the same as my own.

I haven't played much multiplayer yet, but I did have a small run-through of Forge. I spent about 30 minutes deleting every damn object from Valhalla, only to accidentally quit out of it before saving. I wish there was an option to start a map on a blank slate. Save people the effort of deleting spawn points and grenades, which are everywhere. (In an update, maybe?)
Luke or Frank has said that Bungie plans to release blank slate maps some time soon via Bungie Favorites.

Mojovonio

Banned
Cocopjojo said:
You shouldn't have to put them in your fileshare.

You were connected to Live at the time of taking them, right? And you've got your gamertag linked to your profile on b.net?

Link me to your b.net profile.

yep. When I save them, at the bottom right, it says uploading to bungie.net.

voltron

Mojovonio said:
Where?

I took some awesome Sierra shots and they're nowhere to be seen.

And the graphics are pretty fucking impressive actually.

Ok the first time you take screenshots you have to do this.... go to your fileshare from the 360 console.... go to screenshots. You WILL see your screenshots in this sub category. Add the screenshtos to the file share. Then get on Bnet and save your screenshots from your file share.

From now on every time you take a screen shot in a saved film it will upload directly to Bnet. You just have to do that messy first step.

EDIT: Even though it says up loading - the first time you do it its NOT uploading. DO the steps I said.

Halvie

Banned
To all the people saying they were really happy with the ending...especially the guy that said he was waiting for this ending for years, is it different than the spoilers that were going around last week? I can't imagine someone wanting that ending for years.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Cocopjojo said:
You're right. You will have a map and a game type. Your friends will have to download both. Like, right now on Bungie Favorites they have Games and Maps designed to work together.

Can you give some examples of maps and game types designed for each other?

I anticipate I'll spend as much time making maps and game types as I will actually playing the game, so I'm trying to get my head wrapped around it all :)

JB1981

Man, what's the deal with the 5.1 sound mix? The gun volume is so low. It appears they mixed the guns across the entire front sound stage so turning up your center channel levels does basically nothing. I had to turn up the decibel count almost 10-fold across the front speakers just to get some oomph from my guns. The beta had the same problems but they weren't as bad because there wasn't music present to drown out the guns.

Can this be patched? This is the only game on either next-gen console that I've had this problem with.

Mojovonio

Banned
voltron said:
Ok the first time you take screenshots you have to do this.... go to your fileshare from the 360 console.... go to screenshots. You WILL see your screenshots in this sub category. Add the screenshtos to the file share. Then get on Bnet and save your screenshots from your file share.

From now on every time you take a screen shot in a saved film it will upload directly to Bnet. You just have to do that messy first step.

EDIT: Even though it says up loading - the first time you do it its NOT uploading. DO the steps I said.

Awesome, thanks.

AMAZING SCREENS INCOMING

IJoel

A couple of neat screens:

h3-2.jpg

BAILOUT:
h3-bailout.jpg

TDG

Banned
urk said:
Yeah, but you still don't know about the T-rex Flood that fly around in F-15s.
OH EM GEE! U SHOULD SPOIL TAG THAT NOT THAT ILL BOTHER DOING IT MESELF!

So Urk, enjoying yourself? Soon, we need to have some Double Team romps like in the beta. Those were good times.

TommyT

How do you export the pictures from your system to PC? Or are you going through PC ( or some recording device like a DVDR ) to your tv?

GhaleonEB

And home again. I'll get caught up and update the OP with anything major in a few hours, when the kids are tossed in bed. Long day.

I picked up my Legendary set on the way home, should get the chance to play in just a bit. I'm going to turn on messages coming from Friends, but I'll be playing through Heroic solo for the next few days so, please pardon my not accepting game invites for a bit.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Do people just not know that the Plasma Rifle is incredible against the flood? I see people complaining about the Flood in every Halo thread because they think they need human weapons. I've found that human weapons don't work nearly as well as the plasma rifle. Dual wielding the plasma rifle and either the brute shotty or brute spiker was the most effective combo I found.

MaX_PL

Banned
JB1981 said:
Man, what's the deal with the 5.1 sound mix? The gun volume is so low. It appears they mixed the guns across the entire front sound stage so turning up your center channel levels does basically nothing. I had to turn up the decibel count almost 10-fold across the front speakers just to get some oomph from my guns. The beta had the same problems but they weren't as bad because there wasn't music present to drown out the guns.

Can this be patched? This is the only game on either next-gen console that I've had this problem with.

guns sound excellent on my 5.1.

TDG

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
And home again. I'll get caught up and update the OP with anything major in a few hours, when the kids are tossed in bed. Long day.

I picked up my Legendary set on the way home, should get the chance to play in just a bit. I'm going to turn on messages coming from Friends, but I'll be playing through Heroic solo for the next few days so, please pardon my not accepting game invites for a bit.
Lazy fool, your tag changes more often than you update the OP.

Jesus fucking christ you stupid motherfuckers. How hard is it not to quote a goddamn spoiler. Even if you fucking do, how hard is it to look at the goddamn post you just made and realise you unspoilered a spoiler. I swear, some of you guys are serious fucking rejects.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
GDJustin said:
Can you give some examples of maps and game types designed for each other?
It says which are designed for each other.

The gametype "Pirate Sharks" says "Designed for the Seven Seas map," and the "Valhalla (RACE)" map says "set up specifically for the Rocket Race VIP variant."

nelkon and parker said:
Jesus fucking christ you stupid motherfuckers. How hard is it not to quote a goddamn spoiler. Even if you fucking do, how hard is it to look at the goddamn post you just made and realise you unspoilered a spoiler. I swear, some of you guys are serious fucking rejects.
Pretty much, and any thing that could be done that could keep 'unspoiler tagged' campaign talk to a minimum would be awesome.

widgetraf

Is anyone experiencing screen tearing on the top half of the screen during 1v1 split screen versus? I see it on Epitaph. I'll provide a video soon.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
TommyT said:
How do you export the pictures from your system to PC? Or are you going through PC ( or some recording device like a DVDR ) to your tv?
The screenshots? How are we getting them to our PCs? When you take a screenshot while connected to Xbox Live, and if your gamertag is linked to your b.net account (if you have one), then it will automatically upload that screenshot to your Service Record on b.net. And then you right-click save-as the picture to your hard drive, and then upload it to a photo site like Photobucket. And then post that link on here!

Is that what you were asking?

TDG

Banned
Um... Grunt behavior spoilers maybe ahead:
The Grunts charging at you with Plasma grenades is SO awesome. The first time I saw that, I melee'd by instinct, then died. It was awesome. I love grunts. Also, I heard "Feet don't fail me now!" *HAPPY*

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
the disgruntled gamer said:
So Urk, enjoying yourself? Soon, we need to have some Double Team romps like in the beta. Those were good times.

Sounds like a plan.

I've been sportin' the hugest fanboy boner since a out 12:09 last night. Powered off this morning after Finishing the Fight, four player Legendary co-op style. Took about three hours of sleep and started going through on solo, went skull hunting with Falk0r, played some four player campaign scoring on 117, and then went into Matchmaking with a group of eight friends for a little bit. Gonna fire it up again after dinner.

I give it a perfect 7 out of 7.

Mojovonio

Banned
The Grunts charging at you with Plasma grenades is SO awesome. The first time I saw that, I melee'd by instinct, then died. It was awesome. I love grunts. Also, I heard "Feet don't fail me now!" *HAPPY*

I heard

"HE WAS MY BEST FRIEND!"

MaX_PL

Banned
Sullichin said:
is matchmaking down for anyone else? It says it can't retrieve information from the Halo 3 server.

that doesnt mean anythings down. i think it means its downloading files or something.

Mojovonio

Banned

76616-Full.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom