• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S-E unveils full control schemes for Jump Festa demos (Dissidia and KH DS)

duckroll

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dissidia/

teaser_jumpfes_use_01.jpg

teaser_jumpfes_use_02.jpg

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom/days/

days_title_jumpfes.gif

Kyoufu

Dissidia:

R: Guard
R+X: Evade
L: Lockon/lockoff
D-pad: Camera rotate
Analogue: Control character
Square: HP Attack
X: Jump
Circle: Assistant technique
Triangle: When there is a move marker, you can do a wall run and jump
Start: Pause

Will we get a trailer soon?

Jijidasu

Any word of whether Dissidia has online multiplayer or not? I can't remember for the life of me if anything has been said before.

NTom64

This would be so much more enjoyable if I could actually read Japanese. Can someone translate the 358/2 Days one plz?

Kyoufu

NTom64 said:
This would be so much more enjoyable if I could actually read Japanese. Can someone translate the 358/2 Days one plz?

From what I understand...

Single player: You control Roxas during missions.
Multiplayer: Roxas, Axel, Sykes(don't remember his english name) and Xigbar.

L: Move camera left
R: Move camera right
Press L or R twice: camera resets behind player
L+R: Lockon
D-pad: control character
X: scroll through command list (attack, magic, item)
A: perform command
B: Jump, double tap for double jump, press with direction after jumping once to air slide
Y: Reflect Guard, press with direction for dodge roll, after jumping press with direction to glide
Start: pause

I think thats how it is.

NTom64

Kyoufu said:
From what I understand...

Single player: You control Roxas during missions.
Multiplayer: Roxas, Axel, Sykes and Xigbar.

L: Move camera left
R: Move camera right
Press L or R twice: camera resets behind player
L+R: Lockon
D-pad: control character
X: scroll through command list (attack, magic, item)
A: perform command
B: Jump, double tap for double jump, press with direction after jumping once to air slide
Y: Reflect Guard, press with direction for dodge roll, after jumping press with direction to glide
Start: pause

I think thats how it is.

Seems about right to me, thanks :D

Defuser

Autumn Thread said:
Any word of whether Dissidia has online multiplayer or not? I can't remember for the life of me if anything has been said before.
Nope. Nomura wants it in a way you can play with your friend anywhere anytime.

duckroll

Thanks for covering the translations Kyoufu, I kinda forgot they were in Japanese and most people couldn't read them. >_<

Anyway, it seems that Dissidia's triangle move is similar to the reaction moves in KH2, while there's no reaction button at all for KH DS. I think it's good that they managed to make up for the DS' lack of d-pad+analog by mapping menu selection to the X button though. Looking forward to impressions at Jump Festa this weekend!

duckroll

Defuser said:
Good! :D I trust your opinions for reviewing Dissidia.

I'm not going to fly to Japan for a stupid kiddie fair. I'm looking forward to Nick Rox telling us what rox and what doesn't. :lol

duckroll said:
Thanks for covering the translations Kyoufu, I kinda forgot they were in Japanese and most people couldn't read them. >_<

Anyway, it seems that Dissidia's triangle move is similar to the reaction moves in KH2, while there's no reaction button at all for KH DS. I think it's good that they managed to make up for the DS' lack of d-pad+analog by mapping menu selection to the X button though. Looking forward to impressions at Jump Festa this weekend!

doesnt it start on friday in japan?

New FFXIII trailers
NOT!!!!!!
coming???!!!!!!!

duckroll

NTom64 said:
Oh God I hope they actually unveil some trailers for the KH games this time :(

Online? I'm not so sure. Maybe they will this time, since it appears that the KH games might all be due in 2008. S-E seems to only want to roll out their online hype about 6 months before a game is out. Otherwise it loses steam.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
What's the date on Jump Festa? I wonder if I can take some time off just for you wonderful folks.

Top Bottom