• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armada Online kickstarter

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/379129851/armada-online

I'm pretty sure a bunch of us played the original Dreamcast version of the game. Well basically the original developers have been working on the online version of the game for awhile and has been active for some time now. They're looking to continue the project and expand it into the game they want it to be.

They're only looking for 180k but if they get 500k they'll release the original Armada on the DC into public domain and even try to release it free on other platforms.

HoosTrax

Interesting. Seems very similar to SPAZ (although obviously, it'd be the predecessor and might have in fact influenced the design of SPAZ), but more polished and "professional" in terms of art direction.

Thought I'd bump this since I just saw it in my email.

I donated since they will release the original into the public domain and even port it to the PC if they reach 500k so hoping it gets some attention.

Nishastra

Banned
Geez, I remember being contacted about this... many, many years ago. I didn't realize anything had come of it at all, let alone that they were still working on it.

I hope it meets the goal, though I wonder how many people even remember the original game...

Alex

I remember Armada, I remember buying it at Gamestop where they threw in some ENORMOUS ugly controller with it and we always stuck the guy we didn't really like with it.

ReaperXL7

Armada is in my top 5 dreamcast games of all time, and top 10 for all the systems ive owned. If i can get up some cash i will donate to this no problem. Going to have to see if i can call in some favors to spread the word on this, so many fond memories of this game. Its actually one of the games i used to convince a few people to buy a dreamcast.

funded again. I'd actually just fund a port for the first game to pc, as its better than their current build of online, but we'll see what happens

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I' played the alpha some years ago, it was okay but I have a feeling the DC game must have been better with a given campaign narrative and the resulting gameplay escalating regularly on top of the rest things. Online just seemed too slow, empty and boring outside that co-op wave defense mode, whatever it was called, though that was the same thing every time.

Top Bottom