• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are there any games that let you kill someone's spouce and then take their place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I'm a fan of open world RPG - mainly Bethesda style games that have deep simulation. I've spent hundreds of hours in Skyrim but always had the one gripe that you I was unable to kill someone's partner and then become the lover/spouse of the bereaved character. Call it a quirk but I've always felt that it would add far more depth into the romance these games attempt and put some skin in the game for myself as a compelling emotional component. It makes the love with the character feel like something I've earned with my own hands - a love I was willing to do dirt for. I wouldn't do something like this in real life but within the confines of a game where its acceptable to play a thief etc... I don't get hung up on the any of the real-world moral melodrama.

Anyways, since its been a while since Skyrim, I was hoping that there's either a full game or modes to an existing game that would let me do this. If it can hit some (if not all) of the following features, it'd be great:
  1. Allow relationships to started or be ended with multiple characters
  2. Allow dialog options with the spouse you kill so they're aware of what you intend to do with their partner after their death. Extra points if they can show different reactions in the dialog tree
  3. Allow partners to go through a grieving period where yo can complete quests to win their affection
  4. Have Mass Effect style love scenes where depending on the effort you put into the relationship, they would state if you were better than their previous partner
  5. Have a main-character (or loyalty) quest for each bereaved spouse may discover what you did and depending on your previous quest successes and your speech stats, allows you to attempt to save your relationship with them
  6. If the couple had children, make side quests where you win their affection

Just from these few points already, you can already see how much more interesting and meaningful relationships in a game becomes.

Cerium

the one gripe that you I was unable to kill someone's partner and then become the lover/spouse of the bereaved character.

It makes the love with the character feel like something I've earned with my own hands - a love I was willing to do dirt for.

YAGpXPd.png

BTA

OP, there are sites/forums out there for adult mods of various games.

Maybe post this there instead of trying to rationalize your fetish to us.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I don't know about that, but if you kill a kid's parents in Skyrim, they're sent to the Riften orphanage, where you can then adopt them. That's way darker, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom