• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kojima Interview (Kojima loves the Wii)

Teasel

On Working With Blu-Ray
You may hear Blu-Ray is huge,gigantic,20 GB or so, but that's not really big to us.
One basic [gameplay] frame with HD visuals and 5.1 sound take up so much space that the capacity will become too small in no time

On Possibilities with the Wii
Wii! [laughs] Yes, I want to do it.I'm saying this every day.
But first, I have to face this giant called Metal Gear Solid 4,so until I'm finished with that,i can't do anything

On 1080p and HD in MGS4
We're not the ones who are saying we want HD. I'm not interessed, myself, about HD at all.
MGS games tend not to care about how clean the screen looks... we deliberately make the graphics look dirtier to give the atmosphere more life

http://www.sennensling.blogspot.com/ (hope the creator of the blog is happy to get credit ^_^)
So English scans are allowed now?
i'm sorry, i forgot you can't post english scan here,hope that it's ok now

Dahbomb

Blu-Ray too small for Kojima, Sony better start work on the Omega Disc by the time MGS5 starts rolling around.

ksamedi

If he ever makes a Wii game, i hope its not some kind of stock trading game like he made for the DS, besides, he always says its the last Metal Gear but the fans wont let him let it go, he listens to them too much, and that means no Wii game in the near future.

JB1981

WTF @ graphics and HD comment.

I have a pretty good feeling that was mistranslated. At least I hope it was

fable2323

Banned
Not surprised at this statement at all. The PS3's life looks grim unless Sony can secure some incredible exclusives and administer a major price drop by Xmas 07. Still to date, there is no game on the caliber of GTA from the PS2 era that is remotely getting people hyped about the PS3 in the same way. They need the next big thing on their console and only their console if they hope for any success. Otherwise, Microsoft and Nintendo will have kicked Sony into last place this console race...

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
fable2323 said:
Not surprised at this statement at all. The PS3's life looks grim unless Sony can secure some incredible exclusives and administer a major price drop by Xmas 07. Still to date, there is no game on the caliber of GTA from the PS2 era that is remotely getting people hyped about the PS3 in the same way. They need the next big thing on their console and only their console if they hope for any success. Otherwise, Microsoft and Nintendo will have kicked Sony into last place this console race...

are you in the wrong thread or something?

Jammy

Banned
fable2323 said:

That wasn't necessary at all.

Saoh

Hideo_Kojima2.jpg

"Consumers don't care about HD"

Kojima not interested in 1080p HD!!

GAF am cry! start selling your Bravias!!

fable2323 said:

/yawn

BigBoss

fable2323 said:

I think you were reading a different interview...

kenta

Has no PEINS
fable2323 said:
*adjusts lapels*

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Bud said:
he can't make any threads yet so he has to unleash his feeling upon us in certain threads

i think he wrote it out in AIM, and thought it would be a good, concise paragraph to post somewhere on GAF...and didn't know where to do it except for a wii thread. and since wii is synonymous with PS3 bad news, it was really an excellent choice!

fable2323 said:

GTA pretty much came out of nowhere last gen. What makes you think the absolute system seller for Sony won't come out of left field this gen also?

JB1981

So the game he's making wouldn't be possible without the added storage blu-ray provides, yet he couldn't care about HD visuals. Something's wrong with that interview.

Dante

fable2323 said:

:lol You mean games like MGS4?

Luckett_X

Banned
No. No you don't you git! You go straight from MGS4 barrelling into ZOE3. Don't you start shitting around with waggling before shit-hot fast paced particle-effect robot action!

I am looking forward to reading the whole interview.
Have to love the whole show the paragraph that gives the reaction you want but ignore the rest approach.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Oh, so can we like Kojima in this thread? He didn't trash wii so I think we can like him.

fable2323

Banned
Effulgence said:
GTA pretty much came out of nowhere last gen. What makes you think the absolute system seller for Sony won't come out of left field this gen also?
GTA did not come out of no where. If you recall it was the third iteration of the series by the time it hit the PS2. Its level of success was definately a surprise for many I am sure, but the game had been previewed heavily on both websites and in magazines before release. Sony has nothing at this point that is going to move hardware. That is my point. Not too mention, people seem to forget that the PS2 entered the market with nearly a competitor in sight. Dont get me wrong, I loved the Dreamcast but after all Sega had put gamers through, people were afraid to invest in another console from them. Both Microsoft and Nintendo's hardware was still a year away. This left Sony untouched for a full year. This time around the 360 is on the market and has sold quite a few more consoles then the Dreamcast did in its first year. Not too mention, Sony is up against the goliath of a system in the Wii. This thing is snowballing positive press more and more everyday. Can you even find a Wii for retail price today? Nope! Again, Sony is screwed this gen and they did it to themselves. Pricey hardware, a format people could care less about and again, no killer app to sell their hardware. At least the PS2 had DVD...

Forsete

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Oh, so can we like Kojima in this thread? He didn't trash wii so I think we can like him.

He didnt say PS3 was doomed so no, you cant like him.

Edit: Or maybe he did. Go ahead Y2K.

fable2323

Banned
Dante said:
:lol You mean games like MGS4?
Rumor has it that MGS4 is coming to the 360. My money is on that rumor as companies, I dont know, like to actually make money on the games the create. If the PS3 user base doesnt explode by Xmas 07 expect there to be very few exclusives on the hardware. They already lost Japans biggest seller DQXI and Europes and the US' biggest seller GTA4. Doom and gloom is ahead....

Dahbomb

DeaconKnowledge said:
ONE GAME AM SAVE TEH SYSTEM!

Jesus, is this what Nintendo fans have been like?
No there are numerous other PS3 games coming out within 07 but no need to pull out a fanboy list on this one. MGS4 just happens to be biggest PS3 game of 07.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
DeaconKnowledge said:
ONE GAME AM SAVE TEH SYSTEM!

Jesus, is this what Nintendo fans have been like?

Are you freaking done yet? God, every thread with you in it is like a gigantic shit.

bud

Teasel said:
On Working With Blu-Ray
You may hear Blu-Ray is huge,gigantic,20 GB or so, but that's not really big to us.
One basic [gameplay] frame with HD visuals and 5.1 sound take up so much space that the capacity will become too small in no time

50 gig...?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
So much for "Project S" with Suda.

How was Lunar Knights recieved in Japan? Did it come out and US yet - and was he involved with it or was his latest handled game just the Stock Trading game?

fable2323 said:

Someone needs to ban this filth.

Oh wait...

B000GCE99U.01-A2UILHLLDUMCAM._SCMZZZZZZZ_V65036458_.jpg

Now I feel refreshed and able to face the day!

Luckett_X said:
No. No you don't you git! You go straight from MGS4 barrelling into ZOE3. Don't you start shitting around with waggling before shit-hot fast paced particle-effect robot action!
Murata will be the one to make ZOE3, if it happens, so Kojima can go about his business as he see fit, no problem.

KINGMOKU

Dragona Akehi said:
Someone needs to ban this filth.

Oh wait...

B000GCE99U.01-A2UILHLLDUMCAM._SCMZZZZZZZ_V65036458_.jpg

Now I feel refreshed and able to face the day!
you are the mothu ****ing executioner. man i love it. keep em comin all day just so i can watch dragnoa eat em alve.

Top Bottom