• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima and Del Toro still plan to work on new project

Jigorath

Banned
Source

In an interview with IGN, del Toro said, "I love working with Kojima-san. We are still in touch. We are still friends and working into doing something together, but that’s not going to be [Silent Hills]."

Flarin

5e9c9232870edf49ac98cdd8ba09a7d1.jpg

As much as I love Silent Hill (which is to say, the limited selection of Silent Hill games that really resonated with me), I think their horror game would have a lot more impact if it was original IP.

George Lucas couldn't make Flash Gordon, so he made Star Wars.

Miyamoto couldn't make Popeye, so he made Donkey Kong.

This stuff is usually a good thing. You stop trying to reinterpret existing material and are unconstrained creatively.

Skeff

I'm in.

Come on someone pony up the cash. Now would be an excellent time for a publisher to expand with a new studio, called prokoji of course.

Morue

That's great news!! I was rewatching some PT Let's plays the other day, and boy, did it make me sad...

Any chance to have Norman Reedus involved too?

KarasuEXE

So MGSV didn't launch yet and still Kojima is already thinking about future projects! Great having this confirmation.

Fuck you Konami, you're gonna regret what you did.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of Film/Television/Video Game cross medium franchise. Those two would be all about that.

Of course. It couldn't be Silent Hillls since Konami owns the IP. But they could make a game inspiured by what they were doing. Though the more I think about it, the more I think they'd just scrap the idea and move forward with something else. A game 'inspired by' would be too on the nose for either of those gentlemen. Especially Kojima.

Top Bottom