• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucha Underground is getting a second season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
El Rey Network, Mark Burnett and United Artists Media Group have announced the second season renewal of the Lucha Libre wrestling series Lucha Underground. The series will go back into production in the Boyle Heights neighborhood of Los Angeles in the fourth quarter of 2015 for premiere on El Rey Network in early 2016.

http://deadline.com/2015/09/mark-bu...wrestling-series-renewed-season-2-1201542051/

Wooooooo. The only good televised wrestling show in the US, and it's fantastic. Please be excited!

angelico-gif.gif

qyrnnLD.gif

shaowebb

YGOikiR.gif

Share some gifs people. Stuff like Fenix, Prince Puma, Drago, Johnny Mundo, and the rest are sure to put butts in the seats.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I expect this thread to be full of ridiculously far stage dives and shit

Please don't disapoint me gaf

DiscoJer

Yes!

As someone who watched wrestling as a kid, but not for almost 30 years, I started watching it simply because I watched most of El Rey's other stuff.

But it got me hooked, going from just watching it because it's on, to looking forward to it every week. It's a really good show with lots of acrobatic, crazy wrestling.

shaowebb

Lucha Underground is the New ECW for this era

They have that "it factor". The Luchadors are putting on incredible matches folks haven't seen anything close to on TV before and they also got that chanting rapid fan factor and the insane ECW style arena thing where folks can just dive off of the set constantly. Just nuts. This is the best we got on TV in english.

Hopes for this year:

1. Create a standard tag team title. Having a trios title is fine as well as whatever the fuck the Gift of the Gods championship is, but standard 2-on-2 tag matches are a standard of every promotion and LU deserves one too.

2. Please, DO NOT bring in Rey Mysterio or Myzteziizzizz. Which probably will happen. I guarantee one of the conditions of another season was to bring in those two.

3. Bring in some more ladies. Sexy Star and Ivalisse are fine and all, but you've got Taya, Mari Apache, and Jennifer Blake sitting around, and they could really add a lot to the promotion. I'm not saying you have to create a ladies' championship, but a bigger female presence could help out, definitely.

RBH

I really hope that they're able to get wider distribution of this show on something like Netflix, in addition to El Rey. I feel like so many lapsed wrestling fans, especially those who were fans of the cruiserweight division in WCW, would really enjoy Lucha Underground if they were able to more easily access it.

My cousin is probably the most filmed fan on that show.
Saw the show live with him one time and was blown away by the matches.
Can't wait for next season.

DominoKid

Hopes for this year:

1. Create a standard tag team title. Having a trios title is fine as well as whatever the fuck the Gift of the Gods championship is, but standard 2-on-2 tag matches are a standard of every promotion and LU deserves one too.

2. Please, DO NOT bring in Rey Mysterio or Myzteziizzizz. Which probably will happen. I guarantee one of the conditions of another season was to bring in those two.

3. Bring in some more ladies. Sexy Star and Ivalisse are fine and all, but you've got Taya, Mari Apache, and Jennifer Blake sitting around, and they could really add a lot to the promotion. I'm not saying you have to create a ladies' championship, but a bigger female presence could help out, definitely.

nah the Trios matches are sweet. its one of the things that makes LU different

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The legitimate only wrestling show since Nitro in 97 that I looked forward to every week and watched every episode as soon as I could. Probably the 'coolest' wrestling has been since then as well.

My only worry are the rumors about season 2 from a few months ago. Talks of Mysterio and Del Rio being key players in the second season. While I think they'd be stupid not to bring Rey in, they need to keep him on brief appearances for the odd feud here and there. Not as a title contender. Knowing his schedule and payrate, I imagine this will be the case while he works AAA shows. I'd love to see him come in and put over Fenix, for example or get taken out by Pentagon since they were supposed to feud in AAA until Myzteziziz went heel.

Texano Jr is great but he works much better in AAA. He doesn't really fit in a promotion of Day of the Dead Ghoul Ninja Cultists, Dragons, Zombie Warriors, etc. Psycho Clown could definitely work though and I wouldn't mind seeing him show up. I'd LOVE LA Park to get a deal with AAA and show up for a match or two in Lucha Underground. LA Park(OG La Parka) could have an amazing match with Pentagon in a way to get him over as a top guy in LU.

They also need to stick to having very few title changes in season 2. They did a great job of this in season 1 and it made the ending of season 2 feel very special. I'd love Fenix to take the title off Mil since he's the only one who's beaten him and then possibly Drago or Pentagon take it off Fenix.

And just do more story vignettes. The show does an amazing job of sticking to its own ridiculous rules and making you buy it the entire time it does.

Season one should be put up somewhere for streaming, I ended up only seeing a couple episodes.

Netflix could probably get it cheap.

styl3s

Would've been a great time to announce season for streaming....
They could really benefit some sort of stream service.

A lot of people don't get El Rey or don't have cable. Hell, even if it's a deal with Hulu like WWE where Hulu gets the episode the day after would be great. Also, they need to push Season 1 out everywhere they can before S2. Netflix, DVD/Blu-ray.

Joeku

As a Canadian, how can I watch this?

I listen to too much Giant Bomb and the promise of good wrestling meets magical telenovela sounds fantastic.

DJChuy

Fantastic news. I was getting worried they haven't officially announced season 2 because of the costs. Ultima Lucha was one of the best events I've seen, and the ending felt something like Tekken where we saw a short clips/cliffhangers of various wrestlers. It definitely has its charm.

Last month or so, I saw a couple of these days wrestle across the border for like $10 - Jack Evans, Sexy Star, etc. Good stuff, and you can easily meet them before their match. There's not much security actually.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Do they chant that whenever something awesome happens that is too good to happen in mainstream wrestling? lol, sounds like the new ECW.

Nope, they never do actually, which is great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom