• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

11 Photos of 1980s Malls That Will, Like, Totally Blow Your Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldStar

Banned
pretty cool article

ku-xlarge.jpg

original.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Notice how everyone is looking forward as they walk. Man I miss those days.

Good point.

Also, why do all of these pictures look like they're from Bannister Mall?

Man, what a dump that place became.

MoosiferX

Pretty awesome. I just watched the original Dawn of the Dead not too long ago, so that's all I'm seeing in these pictures.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
There's something I deeply miss about the 80s aesthetic, and I don't necessarily mean the fashion. I'm sure it's mostly just nostalgia, as I was born in 81. I was there, but I didn't really get to take part in it, I just observed.
(there's probably a lot of spillover from the 70s as far as what I'm thinking of, though).

Most the women looked awful though. Like crazy clowns that just touched high voltage lines.

Yup, by far the worse decade for women's hair styles. Truly hideous stuff.

The noticeable lack of iPhone/iPad wielding youths in those pictures truly made it a better era. The ubiquity of such devices has ruined social interactions in the real world.

Can't go anywhere without bumping into those gaze averting, antisocial iDevice wielding juveniles totally oblivious to their surroundings nowadays.

WorldStar

Banned
Pretty awesome. I just watched the original Dawn of the Dead not too long ago, so that's all I'm seeing in these pictures.

thought of the same thing, and I haven't seen the original Dawn of the Dead in years. really does seem like a splitting image. Chopping Mall too.

I want to go to TAPE WORLD.

me too brah, so bad. see: my username

There's something I deeply miss about the 80s aesthetic, and I don't necessarily mean the fashion.

agreed

GreekWolf

That was a strange time to grow up as a kid. Everyone at the mall looked like some variation of Rob Smith from the Cure, or the entire band Flock of Seagulls. And it was considered completely normal.

670504264cf620e8fbec9892a66d06d8.jpg

Hale-XF11

I remember having a Tape World at our mall. Ooooh, how I used to spend what seemed like forever just browsing through everything, looking for the latest hair band release or trying to find the uncensored version of 2 Live Crew's latest tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom