• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koji "IGA" Igarashi's Metroidvania Tale at GDC 2014.

BY2K

Membero Americo
http://schedule.gdconf.com/session-id/828360

From its beginnings with 8-bit classics like Metroid, through its rebirth in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and several games in the series since -- right up to the current generation of hardware -- "Metroidvania"-style games' mix of action/adventure and exploration/backtracking has stood the test of the time. Join long-time Castlevania-producer Koji Igarashi for an exploration of his experiences and methodology in creating some of the most popular and influential games in the genre over the last 15 years.

Damn, I wish I could go. :(

linko9

Oh god. I'm trying really hard to not read into this, but this is certainly potentially good news for a future IGAvania. I can only pray.

.la1n

I know a lot of people were getting burned out on IGA-vanias but I could really use another (preferably on 3DS) about now, re-use the assets to keep the cost low I don't even care.

Selvaria

IGA! He lives!

Man, I would absolutely love to see a new Metroidvania Castlevania game from him with art from Ayami Kojima and music by Michiru Yamane!

I remember when IGAvania meant I'd get a guaranteed awesome game on a regular basis.
Then people stopped buying them and then they stopped making them. :(

repeater

Holy crap, they let IGA out of his cage?! To talk about Castlevania?!?

Countdown to inevitable cancellation in 3...2..

Konami let him out of the dungeon?!

Holy crap he's alive

Knowing Konami's previous presentation, this will be filmed LIVE from the employee bathroom stalls Igarashi now cleans

He finally destroyed Kojima and escaped Konami's inverted castle?
Iga threads are always among the most consistently funny on GAF, keep it up guys. :D

Empty

someone at gdc should try and convince him to do a castlevania equivalent of mighty no. 9

also provide him food and water

Foffy

Banned
I believe from one of the leakers behind a good chunk of the LoS2 leakings, he stated Konami is either considering another Lords of Shadow made by an outside studio, or that they're going back to traditional Castlevania in-house.

I wonder...

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I hope he brings his hat, his whip and his flowing locks.

IGA is proud to present: Castlevania: Melody of Millenia. The story of 1999, told at last!

He's the man who made Castlevania my favorite series so I'm sure this will be great to listen to, would be nice to have him back to making Metroidvanias now that the LoS trilogy is finished(which I also love!)

Guymelef

A download only game like Strider mustn't be expensive.
Please, i want a real canon Castlevania.
IGA, Michiru Yamane and Ayami Kojima is all that i need.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Well I think if David Cox did more winking and nodding his head would fall off, but not officially.

I wonder if it'll be more like Gears of War or Killzone

Come on Koji...

Battle of 99 or Dracula X 3.

I hope someone asks him and he just stares for a while and says: "Let's just say I won the lottery"

(Never forget Lottery Man, the best character not in Dawn of Sorrow)

Top Bottom