• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it time for Nintendo to release some Nintendo Selects for the Wii U?

HF2014

I found it strange that Nintendo have not yet release any Nintendo Selects,greater hits for the Wii U. I do think it would help to sell console too, no? I mean having some bargain price at like 19,99$, or let say 29,99$, wouldnt that be helpful? Games like NSMB , Wind Waker, Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong, wouldnt that help them having some low price appealing games on their system? All their AAA titles got a big price tag on them.

I think its time that Nintendo pull the trigger on that, you?

Chindogg

Outside of Splatoon, have there been enough sales for those games to actually pull a best seller's pricing strategy?

PetrCobra

I think it's about time to start making permanent discounts of older games on eShop. Can't build the empire like this, Ninty.

Anyway, if there are any games that can't be found anymore, sure, they should definitely reprint under the Selects label.

Chindogg

There's been around a dozen million sellers on the wii u, yes.

Then perhaps they should start reprinting the older stuff or making some discounts on the eshop for those better selling games. However anyone thinking they're gonna start fire selling their entire library's asking for a bit much.

Persona7

Banned
I already own pretty much everything worth owning but that would be cool and boost online playerbase for some games. Maybe throw in a few re-releases with all the DLC on the disk or something.

Pikmin 3 could definitely use a reprint along with Bayonetta 2 though I don't see this happening considering their biggest titles are still selling at full price

There's been around a dozen million sellers on the wii u, yes.
Not to mention the threshold has been lowered for less successful consoles. IIRC a Player's Choice game on GameCube only needed to sell 250,000 copies and Sony used to bend the rules all the time for their Greatest Hits games e.g. Final Fantasy Tactics (I believe? I might be wrong about this but I don't think it meant their sales requirement and they just knew an older FF game getting re-released would print money)

TI82

Banned
No point when the trickle of fans are willing to pay full price and making a handful of good games $30 or $20 isn't going to sway people to move over. Especially with NX looming

Berordn

It'd be nice to see it for reprints of maybe Pikmin 3 and Nintendoland, but that's about all I can think of that's hard to come by.

Not much sense in making the line to reduce prices of games with retail ptesense still, especially if they're still selling.

I would pay full price for a Pikmin 3 reprint.

I think a Bayonetta 2 reprint for $40 when she drops in Smash may be good. Have it just be the second game so it's only a $10 discount off the current Eshop price.

Edit:

New copies of Bayonetta 2 are going for $90 new on Amazon.

They should just rerelease Bayonetta 2 only at $50.

HF2014

The majority of the worthwhile games are worth paying full price.

Not saying their are not worth it. I paid full price for my Wii u games, but what title does the Wii U have at low price? Sometime you need some cheaper stuff to help sells. Sony are doing it with Drive Club, Infamous, and a few other ( no greatest hits lanel, but price cut on them ), it help someone build a library.

Those who got a Wii U for xmas, they got a good bundle with splatoon and smash, but if they want another Nintendo game, they have to pay full price. How many would have taken as example NSMB for 19,99?

Sure we got this feeling we got good value of games with Nintendo titles, but still, i think its time to put some label on games being value titles. It sure help past generation consoles, i dont understand why this time it wouldnt help.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Nah. It's a dead (from a sales point) console. They might as well sell as many full price games as they can until the NX is out. If the NX has BC, then drop price on the Wii U games after its out.

Neoxon

Nah. It's a dead (from a sales point) console. They might as well sell as many full price games as they can until the NX is out. If the NX has BC, then drop price on the Wii U games after its out.
That's the thing. Considering the issues with PowerPC (dying breed, not exactly useable for handhelds, etc.), I doubt that the NX Console will be backwards compatible with Wii U games.

Berordn

That seems like it'd be cannibalizing sales of new games for old ones still.

Top Bottom