• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want you to take me to... NUKETOWN! (Black Ops 2 Wii U finally gets it?! O_o)

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/234771-call-of-duty-black-ops-2-nuketown-2025-map-released

https://community.callofduty.com/message/415341138#415341138

...Or rather a nuke, that is.

It appears that Black Ops 2 Wii U just got Nuketown 2025.

Y'know, that map that we were all promised as a preorder bonus and then which was subsequently pulled out with about 1-2 weeks before release? Well, yeah, apparently it was just released today. I don't know all the details myself, because I just discovered this when I randomly checked Miiverse before hopping on Ghosts.

From what people are saying, it sounds like an update, and not a DLC thing as was Free Fall. And sure enough, I just checked, and it's NOT on the E-Shop. So to get it, you should just have to boot up the game and have it install.

I have no idea if anything else came with this update - There were a few posts on Miiverse asking about gun nerfs, etc.

Anyway, whaddyou guys think? How does this make you feel? Are you gonna go and play BO2 again (Or play more of it)? What does this tell us as a community?

Say whaaaaaa?! o_O

Anyone able to verify?

Cbajd5

wut

Okay, that's neat. Maybe I should have gotten it from Toys R' Us for $9/6/3 dollars or whatever.

Pudge

Good on Activision for delivering that content, even if it's ridiculously late. I can't imagine there are THAT many people playing the game though.

I guess I can't complain about people getting free content.

Delivering something late is better than never at all.

But what financial incentive was there for this? Was it held back contractually or did they just finally get some time to work on it for the Wii U?

Patch size limits lifted? Exempted?

The PSN monkey got loose into the Wii U update room and caused havoc months back and no one noticed until now?

Pikma

Banned
Good on Activision for delivering that content, even if it's ridiculously late. I can't imagine there are THAT many people playing the game though.

The WiiU community for Black Ops 2 is actually bigger than Ghost's right now.

And it's confirmed OP! there even are videos of people playing it on YouTube already.

Son Of D

Huh. Can't say I ever expected that.

Seeing that we have a BO2 U topic, I'll ask here. Is it worth picking up for a casual FPS player like myself? I'd imagine that the small community means that the skill level is at a higher average.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Damn. Baby steps, but they really pulled through. Next up is Advanced Warefare, and then Destiny.

Hip Hop

wut?

Downloading now.

Not surprised by this (Well, yeah, a bit I guess since it's Wii U).

Black Ops 2 from what I've seen in the player count is more popular than Ghosts on Wii U. The numbers aren't better than Ghosts on other platforms, but I'm sure the player retention is higher than previous Call of Duty games too. Treyarch has been supporting this game with various 2XP (With one coming this weekend) and patches which seems weird to me as no COD developer in the past has done this. A new game comes out, and the old game is just left as is.

Treyarch has become the top dog developer of COD games.

VariantX

Im not trying to sound picky or anything about people further supporting a title, but if it wasn't worth doing then at the height of a title's visibility, why is it worth doing now, well over a year later after its successor released?

Pikma

Banned
Im not trying to sound picky or anything about people further supporting a title, but if it wasn't worth doing then at the height of a title's visibility, why is it worth doing now, well over a year later after its successor released?

There's no intention, just goodwill from Treyarch

I wish I didn't sell my Black Ops copy....oh well. I can always count on the Wii U title being announced a week before release...right?

Amir0x

Banned
wow this is pretty insane how long it took

they probably assigned like half an intern to try to get the map up and running on Wii U or some shit

Dude. Dude. Will download.

I love Black Ops. Great local multiplayer modes for 4 people. I always said I would happily buy DLC. Treyarch has always been great to Wii owners. They released their own and ported over other COD titles. They also kept Wii Remote aiming on Wii U.

There is a constant multiplayer population. Maybe instead of Advanced Warfare Activision will just port the DLC and sell it. Maybe sell a Black Ops 2 complete edition.*

*These are my dreams.

boyshine

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01mkub1.jpg

Remark

Banned
Ayye shoutout to Treyarch for even putting it in there and not just leave it out.

And giving 2XP too? Puttin it down for the Wii U homies

VICI0US

Shame the totally screwed the wii u port by releasing it late and then never releasing any DLC.

My wife eventually switched to PS3 because she wanted the zombies DLC maps, now when I play with her I'm stuck playing split screen, with worse graphics, with terrible dual analog controls instead of her on the gamepad and me on the TV with the amazing wii IR aiming.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Woah nice, I was never the biggest fan of Nuketown though.

Plus the last time I got excited for an extra map was the shitty Free Fall map on Ghosts, but Treyarch is awesome regardless.

prag16

Banned
Hmm. Not sure if this is a good, bad, or neutral indicator for the prospects of a Wii U Advanced Warfare release.

Riki

Interesting.
I guess that means Advanced Warfare will hit WiiU.
Wish the other Zombie maps would as well.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Ha, this is awesome. I know what I'll be playing this weekend.

Jachaos

Good on Treyarch and Activision for bringing this out rather than not at all. It's still not the best scenario (that would've been launch) but hey, at this point, doing it is commendable.

WHAT. I was so bummed that the Wii U didn't get this map. I played this online 24/7. Last term, I decided to buy blops 2 on PS3 because I missed Nuketown and all my friends played on PS3. Most fun I've had with a COD since MW2 and Blops 1 (especially after being so burnt by ghosts) Ended up buying the DLC maps and they're insanely good. Better than the base game itself! Glad to hear this :)
Maybe I will load up my Wii U copy.
Also, did the Wii U version look a little bit better/clearer? The PS3 version seems a bit off compared to Wii U.

Treyarch are awesome. Nuketown is awesome!

Can't wait for Black Ops 3 (or whatever they make next), 3 year cycle now takes too long for the next good CoD!

Malio

I just launched this on Wii U and i'm not getting anything. Something I have to do to activate it?

jholmes

Black Ops 2 from what I've seen in the player count is more popular than Ghosts on Wii U. The numbers aren't better than Ghosts on other platforms, but I'm sure the player retention is higher than previous Call of Duty games too. Treyarch has been supporting this game with various 2XP (With one coming this weekend) and patches which seems weird to me as no COD developer in the past has done this. A new game comes out, and the old game is just left as is.

Treyarch hasn't done a 2XP on Wii U Ghosts, at least as far as I know, in months now, so that's at least part of the reason why people are playing BLOPS 2 instead.

Top Bottom