• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witness More Quality Polygon.com Journalism

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Credits to the Steam thread.

Here's some quality journalism from Polygon
Yesterday Blow tweeted this RE: The Witness

A speedrun. By the developer of the game. That time doesn't mean a lot for a new player.

But to Polygon it means this

wow
Since deleted, replaced with
mNZHM6J.png

nary a mention of the previous claim.

Jonathan Blow, the creator of the highly anticipated puzzle game The Witness, tweeted last night that he did a speed run through his game and figures it will be 10 times larger than his last work, Braid.

The Witness is not complete, Blow reminded, and still has no specific release date. Still, his remarks gathered plenty of attention because it points to a game that is close to being finished.

Gamespot too™
Well, GameSpot also wrote an article saying The Witness is 6 hours long

RlVgGX7.jpg

Wait, Witness has an end? I thought it was just a chilled game set on a pretty huge island with literally hundreds of puzzles to solve?

SteveTR

Either these people don't know what "speedrun" means, or they think Blow is an idiot. You know, "How could a speedrun possibly take 6 hours?! Blow doesn't know what he's saying!"

Kathian

Banned
Utter idiocy. Also shows how much games media just regurgitates the same mess of information; game length being the biggest.

Even if it was six hours from a standard playthrough, that's still perfectly acceptable. The game isn't going to cost $60 .

They made a dumb mistake, then fixed it. Who cares.

People will be correcting this misinformation on GAF and in comment sections all the way up to release, and probably after.

Future Witness OT, somewhere in the first page:

"Still don't see why I should spend $30 on a 6 hour game. This should be free for PS+."

Servbot24

Banned
I am so amped for The Witness. Braid was fantastic, can't wait for more puzzles <3

Oh yeah and boo Polygon or whatever

Top Bottom