• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: all ps4 games are cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching The Verge podcast, and Chris Grant (Polygon EIC) just stated Microsoft bought Titanfall outright. One of the other hosts seemed to question this claim, and the EIC repeated "Titanfall 2 is not coming to PS4".

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/14/5103604/the-vergecast-102-live-podcast

Pack it up guys.

l7PnDmL.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That just about wraps it up then. Hope the franchise is worth a shit (it looks to be great, but the proof is after release)

I'm sure they wanted Polygon to break the story like this..but again, if they say eff single player in the sequel, eff titanfall 2 too. (no relation to Desmond.)

Pagusas

Elden Member
Would seem like the smart thing to do if you have a good franchise being made, make it into an exclusive. Software is what will win the war in the end.

Toki767

Does this mean Microsoft bought the IP from Respawn?

If so, I'd expect Microsoft to put another developer to work on Titanfall 2 and Respawn will just make a new game.

AlphaK

Holy shit, MS really doesn't want Titanfall to be on ps4.

They most definitely want this to be their new Gears of War in terms of impact.

I wonder how Respawn feels about this, screwed all over again?

Jburton

Banned
As the man who hired Arthur Gies I will take any categorical statement from him with a large grain of salt.

Our dear friend Vince has stated in public, only TitanFall 1 is exclusive.

sajj316

Of course Polygon has the scoop if true ;)

I don't know about this .. seems like a pretty big franchise for EA/Respawn

He's from Polygon. I don't think he has any integrity to be taken seriously.

If it is true then Titanfall is going to get destroyed by COD/BF/Destiny.

Grief.exe

They would have had to deal with Respawn on this one, they still control and own the IP.

They are only published under EA Partners, EA has control of the physical publishing of the game, which would explain the exclusivity agreement, but Respawn has full ownership of the IP.

Of course they can, but Titanfall will probably be owned by EA.

No. EA does not own the IP in any way, shape, or form.

VeeP

Huh. Well Titanfall is the only interesting Microsoft exclusive I would want on PS4, so this would suck.

But after what happened with CoD, would Respawn really do this?

I would think they would want full control over their IP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom