• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HD UI mod for Resident Evil REmake

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Whenever I emulate older games, it's always the text and the UI which stand out the most to make a game feel dated. I've been playing through REmake and it's been what's stood out the most for me - the low res text.

I decided to make a texture pack update that replaced all of the most common text you'll see with higher quality crisp counterparts.

Also, I took a few liberties in the changes (including a new title screen!)

You can find full quality versions of all of the below images in this gallery.

Comparisons ho!

Save screen

save_screen_by_aloo81-d7tq9wm.gif

Inventory

inventory_by_aloo81-d7tq9wy.gif

Pause screen

pause_screen_by_aloo81-d7tq9wt.gif

Title Screen

Original

dolphin_2014_08_04_20_31_04_91_by_aloo81-d7tq7s4.jpg

New

dolphin_2014_08_04_20_30_57_72_by_aloo81-d7tq7s9.jpg

And there it is!

Hope others can get some good use out of it.

Download link

Unzip the archive into your

Code:
Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Load\Textures

folder.

Enjoy!

I was nodding with approval all through the OP until I saw that terribad new start screen.

Glad someone's doing this sort of project though. REMake is still great.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
The font doesn't match too well and that Pause screen is too different. I'd download this just to modify it back to something more akin to the original.

Seik

Banned
I was nodding with approval all through the OP until I saw that terribad new start screen.

Glad someone's doing this sort of project though. REMake is still great.

Same feeling about the title screen, sorry OP. The rest of your work is impeccable, though!

Though it's easy to just delete the new title screen so it will load the OG one by default.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Sorry to burst your bubble but its not totally amazing.
Especially the typewriter font type which is meant to fit with the typewriters in the game (especially the letter "g" and "q")

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
dolphin_2014_08_04_21_44_02_93_by_aloo81-d7tqikk.jpg

Updated the Zip in the OP!

doesn't work in pal version of the game. I changed the correct id but nothing :/

Ahh yeah sorry the ID's don't match up 1:1. You need to use the NTSC Gamecube version.

Alternatively, you could dump the UI textures yourself and just hand rename them. There aren't that many.

luca_29_bg

dolphin_2014_08_04_21_44_02_93_by_aloo81-d7tqikk.jpg

Updated the Zip in the OP!

Ahh yeah sorry the ID's don't match up 1:1. You need to use the NTSC Gamecube version.

Alternatively, you could dump the UI textures yourself and just hand rename them. There aren't that many.

Thanks for the explanation!

Top Bottom