• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New bunch of trademarks in Japan (include Rodea: The Sky Soldier)

L~A

Looks like Japanese companies have registered lots of trademarks recently. Siliconera got a list :

Bandai-Namco

Galaga Defense
Galaga Bandits
Galaga Wars

(probably some mobile games)

Kadokawa Games

God Wars Frontier
Rodea : The Sky Soldier (renewed)
The Last Child

Marvelous AQL

Dungeon Fever.

So... Rodea the Sky Soldier isn't dead?

Source

Please trademark me and lock if old.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rodea has been moved from Wii to another platform. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if it moved from Wii to Wii U to another platform.

Meikiyou

Looks like Japanese companies have registered lots of trademarks recently. Siliconera got a list :

Bandai-Namco

Galaga Defense
Galaga Bandits
Galaga Wars

(probably some mobile games)

Kadokawa Games

God Wars Frontier
The Last Child

Marvelous AQL

Dungeon Fever.

So... Rodea the Sky Soldier isn't dead?

Source

Please trademark me and lock if old.

last story sequel?

VLiberty

Wrestling_yes.gif

I guess Wii version is gone though, luckily I got a 3ds in the meantime

DJIzana

Bet you those Galaga games are being made in their new studio, here, in Vancouver. :p

Anyways... nothing really interesting for me here. =/

Mr-Joker

Banned
I just want to play Rodea: The Sky Soldier, don't know why Kadokawa Games is just sitting on it when the game is complete.

sörine

Banned
Wow.

Edit:
Rodea was near complete last year. In some strange release limbo.
It was fully complete way back in 2011 on Wii according to Prope. We don't know about the 3DS version since it was being ported by a different developer.

Given their relationship with Prope and the game's status as a spiritual successor to Nights I think Rodea would be a good candidate for Nintendo to pick up themselves for a Wii U upgrade.

sörine;112702318 said:
It was fully complete way back in 2011 on Wii according to Prope. We don't know about the 3DS version since it was being pirtedby a different developer.

Given their relationship with Prope and the game's status as a spiritual successor to Nights I think Rodea would be a good candidate for Nintendo to pick up themselves for a Wii U upgrade.

Ahh. Evidently, Kadokawa commented that the 3DS version was nearing completion last summer, but then went silent after that.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Huh? I thought the game was still in an alpha state back then. Unless I'm mistaken?

one of the two versions was declared almost completed a couple of years ago, but without any firm deal to be published. don't remember which one..

sörine

Banned
one of the two versions was declared almost completed a couple of years ago, but without any firm deal to be published. don't remember which one..
It was the Wii original which Prope developed and it was fully complete. They weren't handling the 3DS port.

L~A

That was the Wii version. Yuji Naka (I believe) said the game was 100% complete, and they were still waiting for Kadokawa to... well... do something.

Top Bottom