• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOCKING NEWS: Xbox One Voice Commands During Demo Weren't Real Time

Didn't see this posted anywhere, did a search for 'real time' as well, nothing turned up. If old, please lock, and I'm sorry.

Anyway, IGN reckons that the voice commands during the really impressive Xbox One multitasking and UI demonstration weren't real time at all... they were being controller by a clicker.

Whereas I think it's okay that a Kinect wouldn't be able to be completely reliable in a presentation environment, I still think it's kind of sleazy that they tried to pass it off as the real thing when it wasn't. I wish they had put a small disclaimer, or anything. Right now, the most impressive thing about the Xbox One stands to be jeopardized because of needless speculation.

SOURCE

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Was anyone under the impression it was in real time?

I always assume deception when it comes to Microsoft presentations.

Massa

e3-kinect-star-wars-fsfe4d.gif

SRTtoZ

Said it during the conference. There was no way that was real time so everyone should be skeptical of Kinect 2.0 in a real world living room environment.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
It's the least of Xbox One's problems at the moment.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Next thing you're gonna tell me is that the interaction with his phone was fake too, right? Because it didn't look fake at all, not in the least did it look fake

Chittagong

Gold Member
When I saw the keynote I figured that they have a guy backstage repeating the commands to kinect, there was always a small lag. It should be clear that it won't work in a noisy conference tent with a thousand people.

Danielsan

No shit. I thought everyone knew it was either a pre-recorded video, or someone hitting the right key after each command. Par for the course with Kinect presentations.

"Let's see that again"

I know they've done this sort of thing before with Kinect, but with the amount of scrutiny they currently have directed at them, couldn't this turn into their 'Killzone 2 CG' moment?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
When I saw the keynote I figured that they have a guy backstage repeating the commands to kinect, there was always a small lag. It should be clear that it won't work in a noisy conference tent with a thousand people.

Good thing it isn't a clap on clap off device.

All the commands that Yusuf Mehdi was giving his Xbox were working perfectly on my 360. Every time he said Xbox, my Kinect started up and took me to the dash. Sigh.

Jburton

Banned
Lol ....... anyone who has watched their E3 pantomime over the past few years will know that MS lie when it comes to this shit.

Fake as fuck.

Top Bottom