• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is the SOCOM franchise being ignored by the media?

Doel

I've posed this question to a couple other message boards and its become an interesting discussion. So since there are a lot of SOCOM fans on here I figured I see what you guys/girls think.

This is not a complaint as much as its pointing out something that I find really puzzling. For some reason, despite the fact that SOCOM is one of the biggest franchises for Sony, is a huge fan favourite, a mega seller, once held the record for most unique users online in a console game at one time (SOCOM 2. Was then later beaten by Halo 2), has arguably the best map designs in any online console game ever, with people still playing the first 2 games religiously (released in 2002 and 2003), even threatened TV ratings, WHY does it seem like the SOCOM franchise (online mode particularly) gets the cold shoulder by the gaming press?

Especially when it has done a lot:

* voice commands in single player in 2002
* it's exceptional online interface
* single-handedly growing a Sony online community (on PS2 and PSP)
* came out with voice chat before Xbox Live launched
* some of the best maps in any online game ever (building each map around 1 game type, helped. SOCOM 1 & 2, not 3 and CA)
* addictive as hell
* once held the record for most unique users online at once in a console game (a SOCOM 2 record)
* has a great online community despite the fact that its very popular

Whether its podcasts, roundtable discussions, blog posts, what have you, SOCOM is rarely, if ever mentioned by the media (1up, IGN, GameSpot, etc) unless of course there is a new game to cover. We constantly see the love for Halo 2 online, Counter-Strike, Team Fortress, Unreal Tournament, Quake, etc, but SOCOM seems to be the forgotten child. And I have played a lot of online games (whether its PC, 360, Xbox, PS2, etc) but I keep finding that I come back to SOCOM because of its community and the fact that its just a blast to play with friends or without. When you play a game of SOCOM, even if they are all strangers you know they will all work together as a team, thats what makes this community so amazing.

I do have to point out though that Joe Rybicki (of 1up) wrote an awesome preview for SOCOM Confrontation for the Sony Gamer's Day event. He sounded like a true SOCOM fan and was the only preview I read that properly captured it from the eyes of a SOCOM fanatic, so my hat's off to him. He might be the only SOCOM fan in the media, and if that’s true we need to see more Joe.

And what actually makes me kind of mad is that SOCOM 3 DID **** up the franchise, but you didn't hear complaints about it in the press. They praised it because it added vehicles, 32 players, and enormous maps, even though that ended up ruining the core experience. No one seems to be in touch about what the franchise was about online, except Joe Rybicki apparently.

But on the other side of the coin I've noticed that some people are happy its this way, and they are afraid that if it started to gain more recognition in the press then it could potentially ruin the great community that it has (see Halo 2 for reference). Which is a great point. Yet I'm still puzzled WHY it hasn't gotten the press on-board like other addictive online shooters have.

[UPDATE June 26th, 2007]

On the new IGN Playstation podcst, Podcast Beyond, Chris Roper (formally of IGN Playstation, now News/Features Editor) agreed that the SOCOM franchise IS ignored by the media.

[UPDATE June 30th, 2007]
My thread was mentioned on 1up Yours. You can listen to the SOCOM part here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F5379LCP

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
You know...I don't know.

The more you talk about it the more I want to run out and buy SCII...but I'd have my ass handed to me online, so...hmmm.

xaosslug

a lot of quality franchises that started out on PS2 have gone ignored. I think the PS3 is gonna be a 'coming out party' so to speak for a bunch of them, most notably: Ratchet & Clank

Doel

chubigans said:
You know...I don't know.

The more you talk about it the more I want to run out and buy SCII...but I'd have my ass handed to me online, so...hmmm.
SOCOM 1 & 2 are incredible online. I STILL play them, even with the cheaters that linger those games (especially SOCOM 2). And I'm saying that as a person who owns a 360, PS3, Wii, DS, and PSP. Every week I still find time to play SOCOM 1 or 2.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's overlooked because it's always been kind of janky, I think. It's really fun (I only played the first, actually), but I did enjoy it. I had some serious problems during its first week of launch though...oh the growing pains. :)

kenta

Has no PEINS
Every hardcore SOCOM fan I've known in real life has actually been the kind of person that doesn't post on message boards or actively participate in online discussions, the in-game community is just what they stick to. Therefore the media might not see a need to address the game because they don't see an enormous fanbase when they log onto their own site's forums or onto GAF because that fanbase just plays the game rather than talking about it online. Anecdotal evidence, I know, but it's a thought.

ascii42

When compared to Halo, SOCOM doesn't lend itself nearly as well to LAN party type situations.
That's my thought for why its such a silently popular series.

Busty

Banned
Doel said:
SOCOM 1 & 2 are incredible online. I STILL play them, even with the cheaters that linger those games (especially SOCOM 2). And I'm saying that as a person who owns a 360, PS3, Wii, DS, and PSP. Every week I still find time to play SOCOM 1 or 2.

I knew that SOCOM still had fans but I didn't realise that the community was still so alive. No mean feat considering the game's age.

I really like what Sony are doing with the SOCOM franchise for PS3. They appear to be catering for the fans that liked the originals maps and multiplayer game play while making the 'fully fledged' SOCOM 4 something more amibitous and differemt all together.

Alx

Maybe the game is too bland (visually) to gather attention... from the outside it looks like "another Counter Strike clone".

womfalcs3

Banned
Huge huge SOCOM fan here.

I've never played online, but I constantly play SOCOM I and II SP. Just great fun through the story.

Wollan

Socom Confrontation this fall, the classic gameplay refined to PS3 standards.

[wild speculation]Next year, 'SocomCraft' by Zipper. Mmo like Planetside with focus on modern warfare.[/wild speculation]

ascii42

Wollan said:
Socom Confrontation this fall, the classic gameplay refined to PS3 standards.

[wild speculation]Next year, 'SocomCraft' by Zipper. Mmo like Planetside with focus on modern warfare.[/wild speculation]
That would be really cool. I haven't played a SOCOM since the first one, and I'd really like to get back into it.

1-D_FTW

I remember when Socom 1 first came out. Most of GAF were haters and I'd get in constant arguements with MAF and/or Drinky (Who'd constantly troll. Can't remember which of the two it was. Maybe both. Too long ago and those two always were one in my mind.)

Like I said, I haven't played since 1, but it gets my vote for best online console FPS of all-time.

When you play a game of SOCOM, even if they are all strangers you know they will all work together as a team, thats what makes this community so amazing.

Those are some serious rose tinted glasses.

It's rare for me to find a non-clan game in which teamwork is prevalent. Typically it's a lot twitchers unloading grenades at the start of the map; then running around and trying to score as many kills as possible.

IMO, SOCOM's game experience is ruined by folks trying to play the game like it's UT or Quake.

Also to add to your list of things SOCOM doesn't get credit for, is tactical play. I had an acquaintance that was in the SOCOM Beta, and hated it. Bitched about it non-stop because of the "realistic" damage model, meaning there are no health packs; and it's easy to be killed.

Meanwhile, this guy is all over Gears of War because it has "tactical play" run and cover. Dude, if you want to survive in SOCOM; that is how you play! I'm sorry that the marketing materials don't spell that out for you. :p

And what actually makes me kind of mad is that SOCOM 3 DID **** up the franchise, but you didn't hear complaints about it in the press.

SOCOM 3 was fine, it just wasn't SOCOM 2. Meaning people couldn't unload grenades at the start of the round, then run around getting kills. Teamwork was a requirement for SOCOM 3, not optional like S2.

And the best thing S3 did was fix the shit network code in SOCOM 2. SOCOM 2 was some garbage when it came to lag and connections. I recall being very pissed off at the whole mic / chat in lobby dropping carrier issue that plagued S2, where before a game loaded if someone was blabbing on the mic when the countdown ended and the game started to load half of the players would get booted back to the main game lobby. That was inexcusable.

I also suspect a large portion of why SOCOM on the PS2 doesn't get the recognition it deserves is because it's on the PS2, which is generally maligned because of it's on-line experience. It works, but doesn't have all the bells and whistles and marketing muscle of Sony behind it.

Hopefully PSN standardization / implementation will benefit SOCOM on the PS3, and PS3 on-line gaming in general.

And as I mentioned elsewhere, the game's visuals are pretty piss poor - even for the PS2 (low frame rate, crap textures, generic player models) so hopefully a new development team and the PS3 will enable the SOCOM teams to provide a more visually arresting game.

I've never played online, but I constantly play SOCOM I and II SP.

This cancels out the first line of your post!

How can you never have played SOCOM online? Seriously, I couldn't imagine the hell you would endure playing through the single player campaign. I never once played SOCOM 2 SP, but I did S3 just to unlock crap. :X

Additionally, didn't SOCOM FTB rock the handheld world with 16 player online games w/ voice chat! Yeah, SOCOM and Sony just don't get the props they deserve sometimes.

Yoboman

Hmm interesting question. I myself, am not a SOCOM fan, but I would guess it's because of PS2. That is why I did not get it. The entire Network Adapter bullcrap put me off the entire PS2 online experience, and I'm of the opinion that all the major titles and the PS2 online in general has just been shrugged off because of it.

Personally, I really want to try out SOCOM. I mean I played a demo of the first one in single player and I got rather addicted to that, so I'd think I might enjoy it. :lol So I'll make it a personal note to become a SOCOM fan with the PS3 version

Kittonwy

Banned
Yoboman said:
Hmm interesting question. I myself, am not a SOCOM fan, but I would guess it's because of PS2. That is why I did not get it. The entire Network Adapter bullcrap put me off the entire PS2 online experience, and I'm of the opinion that all the major titles and the PS2 online in general has just been shrugged off because of it.

Personally, I really want to try out SOCOM. I mean I played a demo of the first one in single player and I got rather addicted to that, so I'd think I might enjoy it. :lol So I'll make it a personal note to become a SOCOM fan with the PS3 version

I think there will definitely be a GAF SOCOM clan when Confrontation comes out, hopefully it will be just as fun as the GAF Resistance clan experience.
Indifferent2.gif

Yoboman

Interestingly, there's a good chance SOCOM Confrontation will be the best selling PS3 game this year, yet nobody is really talking about it. We more or less brushed it off. The OP clearly has a point

Greg

Yoboman said:
Interestingly, there's a good chance SOCOM Confrontation will be the best selling PS3 game this year, yet nobody is really talking about it. We more or less brushed it off.
Speak for yourself - when the videos came up online from gamers day or whatever the hell they called sony's event, it was the first one I watched. :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
Greg said:
Speak for yourself - when the videos came up online from gamers day or whatever the hell they called sony's event, it was the first one I watched. :lol

Wasn't teh SOCOM presentation BEFORE the others?
Indifferent2.gif

Or was it after?

I was interested in SOCOM but obviously Uncharted and R&C took precedence.

Yoboman

Greg said:
Well obviously I'm talking in general

Ravenn17

The Take Out Bandit said:
SOCOM 3 was fine, it just wasn't SOCOM 2. Meaning people couldn't unload grenades at the start of the round, then run around getting kills. Teamwork was a requirement for SOCOM 3, not optional like S2.

Teamwork WAS key in SOCOM 2. All the best clans had strats, and each individual player knew their role.

SOCOM 3 wasn't fine. Zipper ruined the core gameplay. They also made the game boring since the maps were the size of Texas. Who wants to spend 3-4 hours in a clan war? Who wants to run around for five minutes looking for an enemy?

Most fans agree that s1's game play was stellar, and s2's interface was nearly perfect. Both could use some tweak's, but for the most part, both aspects combined would create the best SOCOM experience.

Teamwork is essential in all SOCOM at it's core; but it really came into play in SOCOM 3 because of the size of some of the maps.

They also made the game boring since the maps were the size of Texas. Who wants to spend 3-4 hours in a clan war? Who wants to run around for five minutes looking for an enemy?

If I'm not mistaken, weren't the maps scaleable?

Another thing that pisses me off about SOCOM in general is how people fear night stages, and stages with foilage. Those are some of my favorite boards. :D

Although I hope the new devs do something about shitty plants getting in the way; let's just assume our bad ass SEAL will move the god damned leaves out of their face to see shit. :p

methane47

I still play Socom to this date.. But it doesn't really lend itself to a group discussion... I agree.. And alot of my friends who haven't played it are actually intimidated by Socom.. They feel they'll be killed instantly when they get online.. (which is probably true. but that's part of the fun)

kenta

Has no PEINS
And as I mentioned elsewhere, the game's visuals are pretty piss poor - even for the PS2 (low frame rate, crap textures, generic player models) so hopefully a new development team and the PS3 will enable the SOCOM teams to provide a more visually arresting game.
While it would be extremely nice and welcome, I wouldn't get hopes up for this. From what we've seen so far, it seems like Slant Six is aiming to stick as close to the classic SOCOM formula as possible, which seems like a safe bet. Hopefully their next game will allow them to stick to the core SOCOM gameplay while taking it in a different visual direction.

Speaking of which, let me propose this question since it's becoming a common theme: If you could change the artistic direction of the franchise without touching the gameplay itself, what would it look like? Post-apocalyptic? Space marine? Dinosaur era?

methane47

Teamwork is essential in all SOCOM at it's core; but it really came into play in SOCOM 3 because of the size of some of the maps.

If I'm not mistaken, weren't the maps scaleable?

Another thing that pisses me off about SOCOM in general is how people fear night stages, and stages with foilage. Those are some of my favorite boards. :D

Although I hope the new devs do something about shitty plants getting in the way; let's just assume our bad ass SEAL will move the god damned leaves out of their face to see shit. :p
Ahh i also loved night stages and stages with tonnes of folliage.. I sooo enjoyed FoxHunt because of the tall grass.. Stealth was soo much more important that other games these days..

If you could change the artistic direction of the franchise without touching the gameplay itself, what would it look like? Post-apocalyptic? Space marine? Dinosaur era?

You're mistaking shitty graphics, with bad art.

SOCOM has shitty graphics.

In a perfect world SOCOM would have jungles out of Predator, and cityscapes out of Black Hawk Down.

And more environmental interaction. If I want to kill a light source because I know SOCOM kids hate using infrared; then give me that option! There's no good god damn reason why some lightbulbs are invulnerable.

I'd also like to see the ability to destroy cover, like those broke down cars in Sujo. And it would be interested to see visual damage like bullet holes in tents that have taken fire and such.

Just make SOCOM a total military wanking orgasm.

Ahh i also loved night stages and stages with tonnes of folliage.. I sooo enjoyed FoxHunt because of the tall grass.. Stealth was soo much more important that other games these days..

Brother of my heart!

kenta

Has no PEINS
You're mistaking shitty graphics, with bad art.
I suppose this is where subjectivity enters the picture because I don't think the series has done enough to differentiate itself from an artistic standpoint. It just looks so generic to me... not realistic, not abstract, just... there. I think they could do a lot with the established gameplay and make it look like something really unique and special

distrbnce

Banned
womfalcs3 said:
Huge huge SOCOM fan here.

I've never played online, but I constantly play SOCOM I and II SP. Just great fun through the story.

lol, what?!

You haven't even really played it then. If you're a huge huge fan of SOCOM and you haven't played online, you don't know what you're missing.

This thread makes me want to find my copy of Socom 2. I loved playing that game online, no other online game has ever given me the hours of enjoyment that Socom gave me. Stealth aspect was great, trash talk was hilarious and sometimes creative, the maps were classic (Fish Hook and CrossRoads ftw). Now that I think about it , in a way this is Halo for Sony.

Doel

Wollan said:
I can't see why the guy can't be a fan just because he hasn't tried out the online. :p
Well I'll just say this. If the single player has made him a SOCOM fan, then the online will make it his favourite franchise of all time.

Ravenn17

Another thing that pisses me off about SOCOM in general is how people fear night stages, and stages with foilage. Those are some of my favorite boards.

s1 night vision was on point. s2 night vision blinded the **** out of me.

How did Zipper crew that one up?

xaosslug said:
a lot of quality franchises that started out on PS2 have gone ignored. I think the PS3 is gonna be a 'coming out party' so to speak for a bunch of them, most notably: Ratchet & Clank

Ratchet @ Clank gone ignored? Really? I feel like it gets tons o' hype.

platypotamus said:
Ratchet @ Clank gone ignored? Really? I feel like it gets tons o' hype.

@ sign?

Anyways, I felt that Ratchet was a pretty well ignored series last gen media wise, except for Jeremy Dunham on IGN, who would occasionally point out it was his favorite ps2 franchise.
The new PS3 one, however, is getting a lot of hype.

Back to Socom, I don't really know why it's been so ignored, except that they just chose different games to play. IGN was always on Rainbow Six 3 and Battlefield 1942 for the longest time, I'm sure they had similar infatuations with one game at the other sites, and that game just never happened to be Socom. I personally couldn't get into Socom no matter how hard I tried; I just owned the first one, and it was okay, though maps like Crossroads, Sojo, and Fishhook stick out in my mind as being fantastically designed, minus the 'nade spawn camping.

I don't think Socom Confrontation will make that big of an impact on people's/the media's interest in the franchise. It's not a graphical masterpiece like all the other PS3 games getting incredibly hyped (it's a shame, but I think that was a leading factor in R&C 5's new found hype) and it doesn't look to push the boundaries too much in terms of the gameplay itself, and that wasn't helped by showing initially showing "Crossroads times 2" in the trailer. All the PS3 owners who played the old ones will buy it, along with some new comers looking for a good online game, and that's about it. No renaissance, no new found glory, just Socom, again.

dralla

it's actually quite simple. the game is not accessable at all, and it's on a console with the worst online structure ever. [not including the Wii]

LCGeek

formerly sane
Welcome to the party... yes socom is ignored by the media but I say CS gets it worse considering it's size and what it does for online communities. Good games often get ignored just the way it is sucks as socom would easily be bigger if more talked about it.

PuMa

1-D_FTW said:
I remember when Socom 1 first came out. Most of GAF were haters and I'd get in constant arguements with MAF and/or Drinky (Who'd constantly troll. Can't remember which of the two it was. Maybe both. Too long ago and those two always were one in my mind.)

Like I said, I haven't played since 1, but it gets my vote for best online console FPS of all-time.

*Ahem* "...but it gets my vote for best online console 3rdPS of all-time."

Ahh, much better.

That being said, my life will officially end when Confrontation comes out on the PS3 this year.

PAYBACKill

Ok, this thread hits home

As a clan leader of a socom2, socom 3, and socom Combined Assault clan ( PAYBACK...easy to guess) , let me just say for a moment how ****ing PERFECT socom 2 was for gameplay. Nothing at all matches it. Had a jump button, but you couldnt abuse it, had contextual actions that were useful, level design was amazing , weapons ALL had different feels and qualities, and good god the community was amazing. You just put up a room and you had a war. We haven't lost a war in socom 2 for the last two years we played it, socom 3 broke a lot of things, like half our guys couldnt get it to work with their headsets despite having good connections, etc. The network code itself pushed away many s2 players from even being able to try to enjoy it. Combined Assault fixed all that crap, and was enjoyable, despite not having Requiem...the greatest map ever for socom.

We played every night for about 3 years, obviously some nights some people couldnt make it, but the clan got on nightly. The game never ever got old. It never felt tedious. Level of strategy involved was through the roof . To the guy who posted he was a HUGE fan but never played online...I just can't imagine you are really saying that. If you could get over the generic graphics, this was practically chess. Starcraft and Socom 2 are games you will not tire of, espescially if you play in a clan and know how your role in a team.

No one ever, ever mentions socom. People who like it, ADORE IT. I have somewhat of a theory that gaming journalists, due to the amount and number of games that they play, cannot ever truly penetrate deeply enough into certain games to find whats good, whats great. Like the 1up review of R Six Vegas for ps3 doesn't even touch on that its "clan support" means you can give a "prefix" to your name, making your own clan tag. But theres no actual clan support...no leader to send invites and control rosters, no any of that.Moreover, the game uses matchmaking and not a server list, so clans will have a harder time finding other clans in game, if thats even possible. Those features in socom 2 lead to YEARS of daily play and endless depth because you could always find a team of guys who were very serious about the game and worked over strategies to beat you with at any hour of the day. Challenge was ALWAYS there...now Rainbow Six comes out , gets a good review because its got a cover system and nicer graphics and good control, etc, but is lacking the systems needed to really pursue it as clans would have in socom. Gaming journalists are lifestyle gamers, great for advice on a game you'll pick up and play for an hour, or play for a few weeks...they do not ever get into the true hardcore levels...Im sure virtua fighter players must feel similar to me, reviewers probably don't actually get the depth in their favorite game either, although a key difference is reviewers readily proclaim VF to be absurdly deep and amazing, whereas socom is overlooked.

/rant

sorry !!! near and dear to me.

wowhawk looks good but its respawn :( ah well. Socom will be amazing when it returns.

BirdBomb

Banned
i dont think a few seconds garbled laggy voice compares to what socom had.

socom was ignored by the media, mostly imho because it was an ugly ass ps2 game and people and the media never really thought much of ps2 online next to the xbox. socom 2 is easily the best online game i have ever played on consoles and if it was an xbox franchise it would have been insanely popular.

lately though, it deserves to be ignored because socom 3 and ca were pretty average at best.

Arsenic

PAYBACKill said:
As a clan leader of a socom2, socom 3, and socom Combined Assault clan ( PAYBACK...easy to guess) , let me just say for a moment how ****ing PERFECT socom 2 was for gameplay.
We haven't lost a war in socom 2 for the last two years we played it
What clan were you the leader of? I know even the best of the best clans on gamebattles had their loses.

But anyways i read your whole post, and i agree with most of it. I hope they don't abadon the server/lobby list and rooms. Its much better than the matchmaking. I like playing with people i know, even if they arent part of my clan/friends list.

And Socom 3 can go to hell.

Doel

PAYBACKill said:
I have somewhat of a theory that gaming journalists, due to the amount and number of games that they play, cannot ever truly penetrate deeply enough into certain games to find whats good, whats great. Like the 1up review of R Six Vegas for ps3 doesn't even touch on that its "clan support" means you can give a "prefix" to your name, making your own clan tag. But theres no actual clan support...no leader to send invites and control rosters, no any of that.Moreover, the game uses matchmaking and not a server list, so clans will have a harder time finding other clans in game, if thats even possible.
Very well put, and I actually have that same theory. But there Joe Rybicki of 1up IS a SOCOM fan. You can tell that by his SOCOM Confrontation preview and his blog posts. This is a recent blog post of his:

So, I've been playing as much Warhawk as I can squeeze in, before the beta expires on Monday. And it's good. Really good. I'm sure you've heard it all over the blogotubes already, but I'll happily add my endorsement -- it's fast, pretty, addictive, and technologically impressive. Running up to a Warhawk, jumping in, and rocketing off in one fluid movement just never ceases to make me giddy. Giddy as a newborn lamb.

There's one thing I feel is lacking, though. See, when I got addicted to SOCOM, part of the reason it was so compelling is this: life was precious. You got one life per round, and if you screwed up, you had to sit out and stew about it until the next round. That made every movement, every attack, profoundly important. You had to be careful...or you'd be dead. Being the last man standing on your team, in a close game -- these are the scenarios I play games for.

Of course I don't expect Warhawk to be SOCOM. But I can't help but feel a certain indifference to infinite-respawn games of any type. SOCOM spoiled me, and even a game as great as Warhawk isn't likely to generate the level of addiction and emotional investment the first two SOCOMs brought out.

All this is a roundabout way of saying that for a lot of people, Warhawk could very well be the next game to generate SOCOM levels of addiction. It really is that good. But unless Incog elects to add limited lives as an option when creating a game (a highly unlikely proposition), I'm not sure it'll have the same staying power for me.

But then, perhaps I'm just weird. What do you guys think?

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8223992&;publicUserId=4553267

He may be the only true fan we have in the media. But I also have to hand it to John and Garnett for mentioning this on their podcast this week, and shedding light on the fact that SOCOM 3 DID almost ruin the franchise, and that the direction Confrontation is going is what the fans have wanted for a long time.

Proc

I never saw what the fuss was about in this series, I was content with my PC shooters and Halo 2 last gen.

PAYBACKill

Arsenic said:
What clan were you the leader of? I know even the best of the best clans on gamebattles had their loses.

But anyways i read your whole post, and i agree with most of it. I hope they don't abadon the server/lobby list and rooms. Its much better than the matchmaking. I like playing with people i know, even if they arent part of my clan/friends list.

And Socom 3 can go to hell.

[PAY] is the tag, PAYBACK is the clan name.

we lost, just not for the last two years ;)

Played and beat PMS ( destroyed them twice) , SS ( clan who helped write the s3 strat guide) dodged us for a YEAR of challenges, only to ask their friends in SG to war us, who of course we beat in two maps. TSK, SNY, honestly if you played socom, we probably warred you. We held an open room in the East servers every night and took on all challengers. We were the clan who invented how to play Requiem.

ALSO gb.com clans aren't the top...at all. We played the #8 gb.com clan at the time one night and obliterated them. TSK, who practically know one has heard of, is the best clan we've faced. Phenomenal teamwork and tactics. leader was Pablo Escobar.

Top Bottom