• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon eShop listing lists amiibo support

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I wonder if perhaps the Amiibo will serve as some sort of record keeping device, or keep your custom character ready-to-go when playing with friends?

JoeM86

For those not aware, a South African store listed a male, female and "squid" amiibo, with the squid one coming bundled with Splatoon

random25

I'm looking like at least costume change?

Use Mega Man amiibo to give your inkling that Blue Bomber look, equipped with Mega Buster that shoots ink and a Rush Jet skip travel.

I'm still calling for a Direct tomorrow or so, the timing here is perfect as this should mean Splatoon amiibo are due for an announcement anytime now..

_Clash_

Seeing cosmetic items with small stat boosts are a part of the games core gameplay.

I expect some significant amiibo support for scan in micro dlc is in the pipeline.

The wii fit trainer tank top will be insanely rare online. We all know it.

Nanashrew

Banned
Amiibo could actually be great because Splatoon already looks like a great dress-up game with neat customizations. What if Bowser could give you a cool spiky back-pack or spiky wristbands. Think of how punk or metal you could get.

Yeah I really didn't have any doubt the retailer listing was legit. This just reaffirms that.

And honestly, I think we can expect all first party Wii U games and most first party 3DS games to support amiibo from now on. It's already pretty much that way anyway. Which ones will get their owns series, who knows, but support itself is basically guaranteed.

Mdk7

Nintendo, gimme Splatoons Amiibo and i'll buy them (all).
And i still haven't bought a single Amiibo. :p

JoeM86

I'll believe you when I get a Shulk.

Read this as: I will never believe you.

Haha.

The amiibo we're getting this month started production in December. As such, there's a ~4 month period. So decisions on restocking likely came in December/January based on demand so they'd likely come from there, and they'd make enough in future waves so as to avoid these situations.

Maybe I'm just being optimistic though. It does seem the sensible thing to do, and how often does Nintendo do the sensible thing?

Zalman

This doesn't necessarily mean they will make Splatoon amiibos. I imagine you can probably scan in Mario to get a Mario costume or something.

Thoraxes

God dammit Nintendo.

Please let it only be like 2 or 3 please have mercy on my soul. I'd love to have a squid, squid girl, and squid boy one.

JoeM86

I'm still hoping that any Splatoon amiibo also have Smash functionality

Note: The above is speculation and is not indicative of insider knowledge

Sad that you feel the need to add that disclaimer, it's hard as you are the founder of one of the biggest Pokemon fansites around, if not the biggest.

Still, why would people think you have inside info on Splatoon stuff, and you make it clear it's a personal thought of yours. :p

Neoxon

Like I said before, they're probably gonna save the Inklings for Smash 5 when Splatoon hopefully proves itself as a worthy IP.

JoeM86

Sad that you feel the need to add that disclaimer, it's hard as you are the founder of one of the biggest Pokemon fansites around, if not the biggest.

Still, why would people think you have inside info on Splatoon stuff, and you make it clear it's a personal thought of yours. :p

It's more that people think that I have inside info on Smash stuff based on past instances where I have had info on Smash stuff :p

Top Bottom