• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Review Thread

Jomjom

Banned
According to the hourly chart, Titanfall has topped the PS4, and the Titanfall Bundle is rapidly catching up. That is definitely surprising.

This is because the PS4 has now sold out again. To keep the top spot in the hourly chart, you actually have to have the thing to sell for those hours.

Jtrizzy

Nope it was 40 or 30 and than with a headset it was 60.

Though Warhawk lost points for not having singleplayer.

Thanks for the reply. I had the headset bundle now that I think about it. Loved the box/box art that came in.

I'd love to see a marriage of the two games in a sense. Really just keep titanfall but add Warhawks into the mix. Would be great to see the mechs swatting down a warhawk Godzilla style.

stufte

This gif is reserved for Naughty Dog. Titan Fall only got two 10/10 so far.

fine.

72S0Zt3.gif

Sendou

I still think its insane to give an online only game a 10/10 when you don't know how it will work when its out in the wild.

Yeah tell me about it. Any score really.

I thought there would have been some learning when SimCity happened but apparently not.

Score seem surprisingly balanced..definitely shows the for fps in the us, but not getting perfected scores like the game was hyped up to be.

Everyone should enjoy it for what it is....a great change of pace on the cod formula

isual

May get this for 360 instead.

I have a question.

I just bought a 360e 4gb, and got my license transferred already but I don't want to buy a transfer cable for my saves from my old phat harddrive.

Can I just buy a refurbished xbox360 (phat) from gamestop and just upload all my saves to the cloud without getting a license transfer again ?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Amazon US 2014 bestsellers page:

Bone+Titanfall SKU at #89
Xbox One #19
Titanfall #6

Game is selling but at the moment it isn't selling consoles. Check again tomorrow.

It's gonna take word of mouth and people telling/showing their friends to move consoles. It's gonna take time.

MS is really gonna have to secure TF as a platform exclusive. Because if halo is bad and gears is bad and TF goes to PS4. I'm out. And so will a lot of other people.

Amir0x

Banned
It's gonna take word of mouth and people telling/showing their friends to move consoles. It's gonna take time.

MS is really gonna have to secure TF as a platform exclusive. Because if halo is bad and gears is bad and TF goes to PS4. I'm out. And so will a lot of other people.

I really wouldn't get too optimistic. The $500 price barrier is more than likely going to stifle any possibility it could have really driven system sales (although Sony is lucky the game is not a looker either and has framerate/tearing issues, because people can genuinely say the visuals are not really 'next-gen', and that there's no reason they shouldn't therefore just stick with their 360 version or if they're fortunate buy the definitive PC edition. Remember, consumers make simple value judgments).

In the end, everyone should be focused on that the game is really loved by many gamers. It seems to be a really fun game if you're into that sort of modern competitive FPS thing. Microsoft probably isn't going to get the magic bullet it needs though.

PaineReign

Neo Member
As much as I hate to say it, it's probably because critics aren't currently being paid to hype a version of the game that won't sell Microsoft's consoles.

Conspiracy theory much? Maybe they only sent out Xbox One versions of the game. If reviewers do not have access to the PC version they cannot provide an accurate score.

Feorax

That's all going to come down to how many XB1's MS can shift in the next 6 months.

If the gap continues to grow as it has done, it makes little to no sense for EA or Repawn to start development of the sequel with Xbox exclusivity in mind. At least not without a massive investment from Microsoft (likely much more than it took to secure TF1).

hawk2025

According to the hourly chart, Titanfall has topped the PS4, and the Titanfall Bundle is rapidly catching up. That is definitely surprising.

The PS4 is out of stock, and the MA (moving average) method Amazon uses is naturally pushing it down the ranks every hour.

Conspiracy theory much? Maybe they only sent out Xbox One versions of the game. If reviewers do not have access to the PC version they cannot provide an accurate score.
You just admitted yourself that Microsoft has an obvious agenda if critics are only receiving Xbox One copies of the game.

old

As much as I hate to say it, it's probably because critics aren't currently being paid to hype a version of the game that won't sell Microsoft's consoles.

Just take the score of the Xbone game, and increase it by however many points the reviewer took off for framerate and screen tearing issues.

If you are implying critics are being paid to hype Titanfall XO then show your proof. Show who and how much.

If Gears is bad again, then only Quantum Break would keep me interested. I got all of my MS chips riding on that one; TF I can play on PC.

Gestault

You just admitted yourself that Microsoft has an obvious agenda if critics are only receiving Xbox One copies of the game.

An agenda of wanting to encourage sales of their newest platform. Shocking, I know. No reputable company would have such a devious motivation.

A majority of this thread is discussing the Xbox One version of Titanfall, implying that its sole purpose is to sell more Xbox Ones, and at the same time forgetting it's a better PC game. That's what frustrates me. People were dismissing it because they claimed it was Call of Duty with mechs, and now that reviews are only criticizing performance issues and a lack of single player, everybody's jumping on that bandwagon while at the same time forgetting that performance is only an issue because of the Xbox One's capability.

Mrbob

Is it really a conspiracy to suggest MS is hiding the 360 version? Especially when there is a reputable company doing the 360 port. If the 360 version is bad I'll be very surprised.

Darksol

Is it really a conspiracy to suggest MS is hiding the 360 version? Especially when there is a reputable company doing the 360 port. If the 360 version is bad I'll be very surprised.

Some people are suggesting the 360 version was held back because:

1. It may not be all that different from the Xbox One version
2. This may, however small, help boost Xbox One sales for a couple of weeks

Top Bottom