• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft: "It's coming" (Beyond Good & Evil 2)

Beyond Good & Evil 2 was first announced for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in May 2008. Since then, the game’s been largely silent, with publisher Ubisoft hinting that current-gen hardware isn’t enough for the Michel Ancel-led sequel.

That silence shouldn’t last much longer.

“I don’t give comments anymore on Beyond Good & Evil 2,” Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot told Kotaku during a post-PlayStation Meeting interview, “because I think … the next time next time we communicate we have to have something new.”

He added: “It’s coming.”

Source via Kotaku

E3!??? SAY IT AIN'T SO!?

1547898_o_medium.gif

Make it Wii U exclusive for the lulz.

Jokes aside, I'm glad it's finally happening. Although I will believe it when I see it, they've been teasing this game since forever now.

Mariolee

“I don’t give comments anymore on Beyond Good & Evil 2,” Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot told Kotaku during a post-PlayStation Meeting interview, “because I think … the next time next time we communicate we have to have something new.”

Ubisoft never talks to Kotaku again.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
*shrugs*

I Never played this game so I don't know what the big deal is.

donny2112

Make it Wii U exclusive for the lulz.

No, that'll be FFVII-U for the mega-lulz.

Ancel is getting real familiar with Wii U with the extra dev time for Rayman, so that's at least a point in favor of a Wii U version. No way it'd be exclusive, though. Nintendo ain't funding this one! (See: Bayonetta 2)

I'm putting money on it being Wii U exclusive. If they've been making for this long on current-gen tech, that's the only way they'll get attention.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm putting money on it being Wii U exclusive. If they've been making for this long on current-gen tech, that's the only way they'll get attention.

They ceased current gen development because Ancel couldn't do what he wanted on PS3/360 due to lack of power. Unless he's changed his mind due to the gamepad, that seems unlikely.

donny2112

“because I think … the next time next time we communicate we have to have something new.”

I think that means the next time they communicate about BG&E2 and not just the next time they communicate any old thing.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
The ceased current gen development because Ancel couldn't do what he wanted on PS3/360 due to lack of power. Unless he's changed his mind due to the gamepad, that seems unlikely.

That doesn't make sense? :confused

Clevinger

Why are you guys so excited? He doesn't say anything about E3. He seems to be saying he doesn't want to talk about it anymore until there's something to show, whenever the hell that may be.

Not by any huge measure, unlike PS4/Nextbox. If anyone thinks they'll make this a Wii U exclusive, they've gone off the deep end.

Ehhh, I'm not necessarily saying it will happen, I am just saying it might. The system is more powerful, allows for more inventive possibilities via Miiverse/Wii U pad, Ancel loves it and is thoroughly familiar with it, Ubisoft has already pledged exclusive support to the system... it's not as out of the question as you'd think.

noobasuar

Banned
In all seriousness does anyone expect anything else from this game other than it being another assassin's creed-ish clone? I mean even Watch Dogs is basically assassin's creed.

Hopefully not. Even though it does seem like Ubisoft is copy/pasting the assassin's creed foundation to every game they make.

Never played assassin's creed but seeing Watch Dogs look a'lot like it, made me already not wan't Watch Dogs.

In all seriousness does anyone expect anything else from this game other than it being another assassin's creed-ish clone? I mean even Watch Dogs is basically assassin's creed.

:( I thought the first game was the best modern rendition of the Zelda formula. I hope it keeps expanding on that. I loved that it had some Zelda elements but it nailed the pacing and had its own unique feel.

Ehhh, I'm not necessarily saying it will happen, I am just saying it might. The system is more powerful, allows for more inventive possibilities via Miiverse/Wii U pad, Ancel loves it and is thoroughly familiar with it, Ubisoft has already pledged exclusive support to the system... it's not as out of the question as you'd think.

It is absolutely out of the question IMO. The amount of investment gone into this game demands a multiplatform release. There's no way in hell they'll recoup their costs by going platform exclusive, and one that is doing horribly in sales at the current moment to boot.

If it happens, I'll eat a big chocolate hat.

Squire

Banned

The leaked footage looked a hell of a lot like Watch_Dogs and AC3. The free-running, the cutting through houses, even the roll was literally the exact animation being used in Watch_Dogs.

Which is OK with me!

It is absolutely out of the question IMO. The amount of investment gone into this game demands a multiplatform release. There's no way in hell they'll recoup their costs by going platform exclusive, and one that is doing horribly in sales at the current moment to boot.

If it happens, I'll eat a big chocolate hat.

Haha, okay. It doesn't matter to me either way.
Most likely will be PS4/Xbox/Wii U/PC release. Might be on Vita too.

DocSeuss

The leaked footage looked a hell of a lot like Watch_Dogs and AC3. The free-running, the cutting through houses, even the roll was literally the exact animation being used in Watch_Dogs.

Which is OK with me!

This might be because all three use the same animation middleware...

doemaaan

I have a strange, long history with this Beyond Good and Evil game. I downloaded the demo on psn back in 2010 and LOVED it. Alas, it took me two and a half years to buy the game. Saw it on sale on psn for $5 about two weeks ago. Didn't think twice about it.

Now that I've beaten it, I can't WAIT for sequel, although I'm a little scared that Ubisoft is going to mess it up somehow by taking the series way from its' roots. That weird demo with Jade running around the city felt too.... Assassin's Creed-ish... =/

Superflat

He added: “It’s coming.”

Guilty until proven innocent, Yves.

MAKE ME BELIEVE.

Oddduck

I honestly don't care what system it's on. I'll buy it no matter where it goes.

(Okay, just don't be an iOS game, lol)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Wii U version isn't out of the question. Wii U exclusive is out of the question. Maybe you missed the reason for the Rayman delay?

This.
Don't mind about exclusive, in any case. Just hope to see it also on Wii U cause I actually have one and the camera would work really good with the Gamepad.

Great news, but I highly doubt they would they make it a Wii U exclusive. Coming to Wii U? Sure, why not? Exclusive wouldn't make sense from a financial standpoint for a niche game like BG&E2 unless Nintendo coughs up a plethora of cash which I doubt. I am sure they would want to reach as many potential customers as possible.

Top Bottom