• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs or Wolfenstein? Help me decide.

Okay, GAF,

My budget of the moment can handle one game. I’m having a hard time between Watch_Dogs or Wolfenstein. I love a solid shooter and I loved, loved the Riddick games. On the other hand, normally I’m kinda meh about open world games but Second Son was really fun and I’m really liking the mechanics I see with regards to Watch_Dogs.

I’m picking up for the PS4, if that makes a different in this decision.

Help me decide.

Wolfenstein, as we'll probly be to Watch_Dogs 14 before the end of the gen so you'll have plenty of opportunities to get in on that cycle.

fader

Okay, GAF,

My budget of the moment can handle one game. I’m having a hard time between Watch_Dogs or Wolfenstein. I love a solid shooter and I loved, loved the Riddick games. On the other hand, normally I’m kinda meh about open world games but Second Son was really fun and I’m really liking the mechanics I see with regards to Watch_Dogs.

Help me decide.

Whynotboth.gif

seriously....

anyways. wolfenstein

antitrop

Wolfenstein is one of the best shooters, and likely one of the best games, I've ever played.

I find myself pretty bored with the first hours of Watch_Dogs I played yesterday.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I have both. I'd prefer Watch Dogs.

While Wolfenstein is fascinating, it's mechanics are (purposefully) archaic. Watch Dogs is the first time in a very long time I have felt a game is truly cinematic, but still interactive, kinda a mix of Heavy Rain and GTAIV, both my favorites.

HowZatOZ

Banned
If you love the shooters but meh on open world, go Wolfenstein. You won't enjoy Watch Dogs if you aren't eager for the genre.

sflufan

Banned
Wolfenstein is the best FPS I've played in years.

Just viewing Watch_Dogs preview videos put me to sleep. That game seriously looks like a great cure for insomnia.

I have faith that you will make the right decision!

friday

Wolfenstein would be my choice. I like open world games but Watch_Dogs doesn't really seem all that great. Ubisoft open world games can be a bit tedious also.

Okay, GAF,

Help me decide.

Looks like Wolfy is your best bet.
Read and lurk through some of the OT threads a bit too.

I got both of them. I'm an adult, so I can't play a game for more than an hour or two at a time (schedule, not judging you for having more time). I like that each one fulfills a different gaming want. I switch between them. You'll enjoy both of them, most likely. If you're a "one game at a time' type of person, just catch a tiger by it's tail and get the other one when it's on sale.

Raptor

Wolfenstein has one of the best gore and blood and chunks of meat flying ever.

Super satisfying!

Buy Wolfenstein, you can always get Watch Dogs on Black Friday or something.

Xyber

Wolfenstein is great, it's a really fun shooter. Probably the most fun I've had with a singleplayer FPS in a couple of years.

Depending on difficulty and how much you like finding collectibles, the story is 10-15 hours and I'd encourage that you play through it twice because of the branching storyline that actually is pretty different in some ways.

EBE

Play through Wolfenstein's story. Trade it in for Watch Dogs.

this sounds like a good idea and i liked Wolfenstein. rough in parts, but good throughout. i think GAF might be hyping it up a bit too much though.

i bought digital (xb1) so i unfortunately cant do this.

Denton

Wolfenstein is nice, but it is still just a shooter. Watch Dogs is more ambitious, has more content, and personally I enjoy it more.
Watch_Dogs.

Well until Stump succeeds in his mission to have Ubisoft dragged before the Hague for uPlay bullshit, the best thing you can do is avoid buying their overproduced, outsourced homoginized and extremely dull open world busywork simulators.

Also, Wolfenstein is fantastic so get that.

Psoelberg

I have both. I'd prefer Watch Dogs.

While Wolfenstein is fascinating, it's mechanics are (purposefully) archaic. Watch Dogs is the first time in a very long time I have felt a game is truly cinematic, but still interactive, kinda a mix of Heavy Rain and GTAIV, both my favorites.

I agree with this guy. I have both, and even though Wolfenstein is fun, Im really surprised with Watch Dogs. It has so much content - but it all comes together in a very good way. Strong story, fun world, hacking. But: one of the reasons I prefer Watch Dogs is because you can stealth through many of the missions. So if you're not into stealth, then Wolfenstein is maybe your choice. I think open world games often become repetitive if you're shooting through every mission.

Muffdraul

Watch Dogs like a motherfucker.

EDIT: I guess I could say a little more. I love me a good FPS, yet I had no interest whatsoever in Wolfenstein. Probably because the last one I played, the one on PC circa... 2005(?) didn't leave much of an impression on me. But last week a co-worker buddy virtually forced me to borrow his copy, said I'd love it and be able to finish it over the weekend, in time for Watch Dogs. I begrudgingly accepted it. Just. Wasn't. Interested. On Sunday I finally got around to popping it into the PS4, played it for a few hours. I thought it was pretty good, a solid game that hearkened back to old school FPSes in a lot of ways. But it just couldn't hold my attention, I shut it off and went back to playing GTA V on the PS3, finally getting around to gathering up all of the space ship parts and letter scraps.

Yesterday I started Watch Dogs and played it for about 15 hours straight. I'll play it for a bunch more hours tonight, the next day, over the weekend, etc. etc. It's a really engrossing game with tons to do. For me it's unquestionable, there is much, much more value in Watch Dogs. If you said you had a strong aversion to open world games (which I myself had for many years) then I would never recommend Watch Dogs to you. But if you're open to them at all, you should check it out. It's not very comparable to Infamous SS in many ways, but I think it's a much better game. And I loved Infamous SS!

hwy_61

Banned
I was pondering this exact question up until I actually watched watch dog's multiplayer being played on twitch, now I'm all for watch dogs over wolfenstein.

Top Bottom