• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein or Watch Dog?

IISANDERII

-Most important thing i like about FPS campaigns is that it be challenging without it being cheap. I usually increase the difficulty because default is too easy.

-What i like about Assassin's Creed games is the fun stealth sandbox puzzles and i'm assuming Watch Dog is similar or better.

Wolfenstein is also $25 cheaper. I'm on PS4.

So with all that mind, what you recommend for me?

Edit: though i did respond, i'll also put here that Wolf is $45 at futureshop or bestbuy. I think sale ends tmrw.

Blablurn

Go for Wolfenstein! Play and enjoy it. Buy Watch Dogs afterwards. Maybe used? I'm sure you can already find a good price for it then.

CHC

You answered your own question I think.

You know you want Wolfenstein.... It's damned good!

Seik

Banned
Game Of The Year versus a GTA clone with boring characters.

GTA clone? This kind of clone.

stewie.jpg

Ubisoft still have a long way to go.

Cloudy

Banned
Wolfenstein is more enjoyable and it's not really close IMO (I have both). However, Watch Dogs might have more longevity due to the genre...

They're both such different games. Certainly , as an entry into the FPS genre in this day and age, Wolfenstein stood out to me far more than Watch Dogs did as a modern entry into the open world genre. I also was surprised by the storyline's quality in Wolfenstein, whereas I was disappointed by Watch Dogs handling of character. Both are worth playing however, and so different, I'd recommend you pick the genre you're more in the mood for, over a specific game. If I had to vote though, I'd say Wolfenstein :) plus the price factor

Dead Man

Haven't played Watch Dogs, but I can't imagine anyone not enjoying Wlfenstein anyway, favourite game of the year so far.

lmbotiva

-Most important thing i like about FPS campaigns is that it be challenging without it being cheap. I usually increase the difficulty because default is too easy.

-What i like about Assassin's Creed games is the fun stealth sandbox puzzles and i'm assuming Watch Dog is similar or better.

Wolfenstein is also $25 cheaper. I'm on PS4.

So with all that mind, what you recommend for me?
Where OP?

Game Of The Year versus a GTA clone with boring characters.

Harsh. I've enjoyed Watch Dogs quiet a bit, but I haven't gotten around to picking up Wolfenstein yet.

But from what I've read OP you should go with Wolfenstein if you want a contained experience with a strong narrative and characters, or go with Watch Dogs if you want to mess around in a fun open world with lots of content.

w00zey

I'm only a couple hours into wolfenstein and really like it. I'm not sure how challenging it is but I am playing on the default level. What I like most is the constant story elements.

I beat watchdogs and really enjoyed it. I get some people on here don't like it but the actual gameplay mechanics when you start unlocking hacking abilities are fun as shit. Going stealth most of the time was really fululling.

I'd say if you can get wolfenstein cheaper get that first and then go to the other when it is also cheap.

I don't buy that wolfenstein is game of the year but I also don't buy that watchdogs is a gta clone. If anything it feels like an anti gta game minus it being open world.

Wolfenstein is goddamn great. Challenging old school shooter, sharp visuals, runs at a buttery smooth 60FPS even when loaded with enemies and their remains everywhere. Story is also surprisingly good, I've only played about 2-3h and in that time I can say that I care more about the characters there than I did in 10hrs of watch dogs (and no I did not beat the game, I got bored with it).

Xtars

Have not played Wolfenstein but i've finished Watch_Dogs and played a lot of sidemissions and I think you you should choose Wolfenstein.

Watch_Dogs is super generic and quickluy becomes just like any other ubisoft game (unlock a tower->reveal map->capture area->revel stuff->do main quest->repeat) and the story is quite weak. From all I've heard and seen Wolfenstein is supposed to be amazing, I wish I wasn't a poor student w/o a job cause I would have loved to play that by now.

TL:DR
Watch_Dogs generic, + boring story. Wolfenstein only heard good things, looks amazing.

if your a tech heavy type of guy Watch Dogs is the one you will enjoy :)

If you want length watch dogs and then wait untill the other has price dropped ;)

not a massive lot out this year so im sure you will fit both in :)

Odrion

Banned
Wolfenstein, by a long shot.

Played through it on hard, and it definitely fits the "satisfying, not frustrating" save for one battle where you're up against two huge super soldiers and not necessarily armed well (but you can leave the level without fighting them.)

Also Wolfenstein can last you like 20 or 30 hours if you really want to. Lots of content, lots of actually good reasons to replay levels.

Sure, not as long as W_at_ch_Do_gs but it's not as far apart as it may seem.

Wolfenstein, it's one of the best FPS games released in recent memory. The combat, story, and presentation are amazing considering the premise. The characters are quite fleshed out, unlike the cardboard protagonist of Watch Dogs.

Buy Wolfenstein, you won't be disappointed.

Saganator

I haven't played Wolfenstein yet, but I played the shit out of Watch Dogs. I was really pleased with Watch Dogs and I usually don't like Ubisoft games, not a fan of AC at all. They are pretty different games, really. I heard Wolfenstein is on the easy and short side. I got 50-60 hours out of Watch Dogs and really enjoyed it. WD is not a technical master piece like GTA, but I do feel Watch Dogs beat GTA in a few aspects. Way more game play other than the story. Golf, tennis, and the other challenges in GTA were cool but only for like 20 minutes. In WD most of the alternate game modes are pretty satisfying and kept my attention for a 2-3 hours easy. Spider Tank is super fun and satisfying.

With Watch Dogs you get more varied game play. The game suits different play styles as well. You can run and gun or stealth, you can do the story missions or just mess around in the city, or you can hack and tail other players which can be pretty exciting.

I can't say much about Wolfenstein, it looks like a great game, though. I heard its kinda short. Pretty one dimensional game play, at least compared to a game like Watch Dogs.

Top Bottom