• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombie Vikings ( Zoink Games) Coming to PS4 & PC

Stick It to The Man developer Zoink Games has announced its next project as a 2D brawler entitled Zombie Vikings.

Set for a July 2015 release on PS4 and Steam, Zombie Vikings will follow the exploits of four undead Norse warriors. Like Castle Crashers, Zombie Vikings will feature four-player co-op with online multiplayer.

While Stick it to the Man! was co-written by Adventure Time scribe Ryan North, Zombie Vikings is being co-penned by Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal Comics creator Zach Weinersmith.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-11-stick-it-to-the-man-dev-announces-2d-co-op-brawler-zombie-vikings

Zombie Vikings Teaser Trailer

The Developers have already set the cost of the game

£7.99 / €9.95 / $11.99.

Amir0x

Banned
*adds this game to chubigans list*

Comment: I do believe that we have reached a limit with what Zombies can reasonably be applied to. Zombie Vikings? Come on devs :p

Haunted

Oh, the Stick it to the Man guys. That game had a fairly weird sense of humour, off-beat. Taken as an adventure game, it wasn't half bad.

If this has a bigger focus on combat (as the trailer seems to imply), I fear it might not work as well/fall apart. We'll see, I suppose.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
9413853322_b4e0ca2b59_o.gif

Vikings aren't an interesting enough bit of source material? We really needed to put zombies in it, cause there aren't enough motherfucking zombie games out there.

Loved Stick It, even 100%, no plat though. Keeping an eye on this. Shame it aint coming to vita.

9413853322_b4e0ca2b59_o.gif

Vikings aren't an interesting enough bit of source material? We really needed to put zombies in it, cause there aren't enough motherfucking zombie games out there.

Calm down, I wouldn't classify this as a zombie game. Just a brawler with zombie characters.

Matriox

Call it a dumb reason, but I didn't play Stick it to the Man because of art style, it will be the same for this game...

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Loved Stick It, even 100%, no plat though. Keeping an eye on this. Shame it aint coming to vita.

Calm down, I wouldn't classify this as a zombie game. Just a brawler with zombie characters.

Yeah, while I agree that zombies have been overused in games in recent years, I think this game is different enough from most other zombie games. You're not fighting against zombies, it's not a post-apocalyptic wasteland. And you're not slow and shambling, obviously. And it's focused on comedy, not horror.
EDIT: (and just to make it clear, I'm one of the devs)

Klart

So this game is probably coming out in August and I've just won a contest which means I'll figure in it!

maouvin

Was thinking of Viking Squad when I saw the title, but then remembered this being announced a while back. Can never have too many viking brawlers, aye?

Klart

Was thinking of Viking Squad when I saw the title, but then remembered this being announced a while back. Can never have too many viking brawlers, aye?

Well, we have exactly zero brawlers on PS4 right now (ok, US has Double Dragon), so they're very welcome.

Black Duke

Neo Member
I've been playing this since yesterday for review purpose.
Unfortunately it's a bit full of tearing. frame-rate isn't so smooth either. Which is strange, considering it's not such a demanding game.

I hope the D1 patch will fix this.

gameplay is on the light-side, but it's ok

EDIT: I liked Stick it to the Man very much

Klart

Unfortunately it's a bit full of tearing. frame-rate isn't so smooth either. Which is strange, considering it's not such a demanding game.

Yeah, they said their D1-patch would fix a bunch of things.

Scanna

Maybe your PS4 is broken

:p

Mdk7

Yeah, i liked Stick it to the Man too.
This one, however, is definitely not as good, gameplay wise. :/

guldlock

Neo Member
Hi Dev from Zoink here,

The latest patch (v1.03) is out now in both EU and NA.
Screen tearing is removed and the framerate is more stable.

Top Bottom