• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Vecks

Lucked out with a random hero box today. Got Gambit. Already had gambit's classic costume from BOGO two days ago. All is well with the world.

Volimar

I'm close to enough for a random hero. Wondering if I should dive in now, or wait till after the anniversary cvelebration.

Btw, not really enjoying Invisible Woman very much atm. Any tips?

Vecks

I'm close to enough for a random hero. Wondering if I should dive in now, or wait till after the anniversary cvelebration.

Probably wait. I bet they'll have more splinter gifts, so you might be able to choose who you want instead of randoming. And, who knows what extras could be in store for the anniversary? We know about the stash and the costume, but maybe they'll one real surprise gift that might change your mind about what you want to get with splinters.

I don't have Invisible yet. Might get her next.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I kind of have a hard time taking ms marvel seriously as a character with dem titties. Even by comic book standards of outrageous female body types, it's a bit much. How you gonna chase down a villain with those double D's smacking you in the head?

KePoW

Banned
I kind of have a hard time taking ms marvel seriously as a character with dem titties. Even by comic book standards of outrageous female body types, it's a bit much. How you gonna chase down a villain with those double D's smacking you in the head?

LOL awesome post!

This exactly why I take her seriously!!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Sue only clicked with me when I got crusher (the spiky balls), unfortunately that is only at 47 (or slightly before from gear), I wasnt liking her much either until that

Im till curious about doing a full support build on hr, i might do that when im done getting the points and shit from superheroic

dont play She Hulk (if they do her justice) when she comes out then

Vecks

With the way Taskmaster says, "Looking good, Ms. Marve" all the time, I'm sure she doesn't have to do much chasing.

Volimar

4IpdvHD.jpg

Her newer look holds them down... or seems to anyway lol.

Captain_Marvel_Vol_8_1_Yu_Variant_Textless.jpg

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Downloading this now. Hope to be playing in a few. Looking forward to trying it out as the only game of this type that I have played before was Diablo 3.

inky

Damn, so I'm like the only one who hasn't got an Enhanced from the blender :p :p

I got Lady Deadpool from the BOGO last time, so I guess it's not all bad, but it is the last Enhanced I would've liked. Anything else would've been great.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
they should of done a g sale for anniversary week considering lots of players playing, would make alot more money overall

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
they should of done a g sale for anniversary week considering lots of players playing, would make alot more money overall

aparently a sale would be confusing to new players...

...yeah >_>

Lord Phol

The Odin Mark gain with the potion is a bit crazy, I could swear I got 10 Odin marks once oO.
Might have to buy that pack of 15 potions, odin mark farming is my achilles heal x.x.

Vecks

I haven't it played in a long while. You guys think it would be helpful to start a brand new character to get a feel back for the game?

New account or just a new character in your old account?
If it's the former, I don't really recommend starting a new account unless you haven't accomplished anything with your old one.
If it's the latter, sure, but I think just going into midtown with any character to try out powers is perfect for getting a feel of the game.

Drayco21

Mr. Fantastic is a character that could do some really interesting and cool things- I mean, One Piece is basically a shonen series about a dumb Mr. Fantastic, power wise, it's just that no one seems to know what to do with him. Hope Gaz has some really sweet powers for him, but if not, I can at least be happy the first family has finally joined the game in full.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I really don't give a shit about mr fantastic other than the fact that the tech they had to create for him will be used for Venom

Rhaknar

so last night, before "moving on" from Sue, I specced her out fully support to see if that type of thing works in this game (especially with raids coming up) and did a cosmic terminal with a guildie

we did cosmic shocker and the terminal itself went alright, but the shocker fight itself I died a bunch because he had the sentinel affix and they kept just targeting me and I could barely kill them (its healing bosses with adds in wow all over again if people dont kill the adds)

as for the spec itself, it...doesnt really work? I had 20 in the aoe that gives spirit back, 20 in the defense aura, 20 in the damage buff/invisibility, 20 in the defense bubble. since theres no more support spells, I put 20 in the defensive passive as usual, and then 20 in the bubble aoe since it has no cooldown and nice dmg, i can at least help with some aoe

the defense/damage mitigation bubble is too small, it should cover a much bigger area for how little it lasts (plus the guildie was using nightcrawler who jumps around alot, most of the time I popped the bubble down he wasnt there anymore)

the damage buff is ok but again, doesnt last very long and has a long ass cooldown. and the spirit regen from the aoe the dude says he didnt really noitce because he usually never runs out of spirit anyway :/

so yeah, seems like a bust. I wish she had a heal like strange. In fact, I want to try the same thing with strange, see if thats better, but im pretty sure a support only spec doesnt really work / do much in this game

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh man my last four costume blends. Gambit Forever City, Dr Strange Defenders, Dr Strange Defenders, Gambit Forever City. What the...

i started playing this on my crappy pc. Im impressed by the number of optimization options. as far as drops and items go, is there anything I shouldn't sell or open?

Anoregon

i started playing this on my crappy pc. Im impressed by the number of optimization options. as far as drops and items go, is there anything I shouldn't sell or open?

You shouldn't sell ANYTHING. Donate all unwanted items to the crafter and enchanter.

Rhaknar

Wolverine is fun. running with a bleed build, no idea if thats supposed to be good or not but I like it, I like the rotation of applying bleeds before using Eviscerate, I dig the little hop bleed that lets you jump around killing far away packs, and the signature is amazing, especially for only 15sec cooldown.

running with the healing factor passive, the crit/dodge stance, eviscerate, the aoe bleed, the hop bleed and the signature. Also 1 point in the adamantium skeleton passive, 1 point in wetwork, 1 point in cant keep me down and 1 point in the bleed basic to replace the default

and no bike :( I have no room and I hate the toggle system. meh the dash is super fast anyway

Anoregon

I'm doing a bleed build as well. DoT's in general are pretty powerful in this game, and eviscerate is satisfying.

I'd suggest that if you find uniques to keep them. Also relics, cause they are a stacking item type - the more you have of those the better. Otherwise, what Anoregon says - don't sell anything until your 4 vendors (crafter, enchanter, weapon vendor and gear vendor) are level 20.

Top Bottom