• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Thread: Moon wizards make Pet Sounds with space magic in a bottle

What is your favorite class?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zkorejo

i may or may not have some spares. will get back to you.

Please do.
puss-in-boots_1178373900-58977.jpg

Daximuss

As it says in the OP *ahem*...

If you have two Beta codes, you'll be able to download the beta on both consoles. You just have to log in to your two accounts – one for your Xbox and one for your PlayStation – and choose them separately.
Ah, thank ya.

Chille

Yep, people need to understand we're not in the same case than the alpha.

Anyone can have a beta code for free and without any obligation via the "amazon trick".

Also check your local gamestop or best buy, or even Game, I got a few codes donated to me by my local store for when I did a giveaway during the alpha as they had got so many beta codes

zlatko

Banned
My body is so ready.

Can not wait!

If I had the kind of gig to just take off work form I would be all over taking off the first day of the beta to get lost again like Alpha.

So is it OK to make a thread then?

Just be warned that you'll likely get a lot of "Just order it on Amazon, get your code, then cancel."

Because why not? It's so easy and fast there's literally no reason not to get your own code unless Amazon just won't let you preorder the game.

Aces&Eights

I'm in! Took 5 minutes with Amazon preorder. If there is any WestcoastGAF (pst) feel free to add me. DestinyGAF is all over the time zones so anyone here who will be playing after 5pm Mon-Fri PST, we can run on same schedules.

BeOneWithTheGun psn/PS4

Bungie handle on Bungie.net = AcesAndEights

Hyped!

MoxManiac

Hey guys, quick/stupid question here. I'm getting a ps4 this month around TLOU's release. But if i get q ps4 now, and preorder destiny, is it too late to get into the beta?

BokehKing

Banned
Bummer, psn won't recognize my brand new credit card so I can't fund my wallet to pre order the Guardian edition. I need that pre-load goodness

Aces&Eights

Hey guys, quick/stupid question here. I'm getting a ps4 this month around TLOU's release. But if i get q ps4 now, and preorder destiny, is it too late to get into the beta?

You will get your code today but don't have to pick the platform yet. Just register with Bungie.net to secure your code now. Pick your platform later (see OT for schedule)

Korben

Banned

No, come in, quick !

Bummer, psn won't recognize my brand new credit card so I can't fund my wallet to pre order the Guardian edition. I need that pre-load goodness

You can order digital PSN card on http://www.play-asia.com/.

So just to be clear, platform selection for the beta will be sent out via email?

It's not entirely clear. An email will be sent out, probably notifying you of your ability to choose your platform, but the actual place to make the choice will be on Bungie.net.

You'll also get an email for the code to download it.

It shouldn't be, but I would just check with whoever you are getting the key from first.

Aces&Eights

It's not entirely clear. An email will be sent out, probably notifying you of your ability to choose your platform, but the actual place to make the choice will be on Bungie.net.

You'll also get an email for the code to download it.

Correct. I just did it and it says to check back on Bungie.net later to confirm platform. All those ordering a code today do NOT have to pick the platform. So, no excuses kids. Get your code!

Thats an excellent way of putting it and now im more hyped >.<

Unlike the other supers though, you gotta activate it before running into the enemies. I have a clip where i had activated the Golden Gun outside of A on Rusted Lands, but was spotted and had to chase after the guy. Any other super would have stopped him in his tracks, and so would the GG if he didnt see me use it. That's actually when i discovered the super melee. I think ill upload the clip later.

For the vehicles, i think it was 3 to an Interceptor and 2 to a Pike, but ive been one-shotted in 'em before.

This is how I've felt when people say hunters are op. We don't have an instant special nor is it aoe. We also get pulled out to third person then back to first person. Also our shots aren't that accurate at the low skill tree level. One thing I've done to help with that delay we get when we use our special is to jump into it. So I'm not just sitting there while I switch to golden gun.

This is how I've felt when people say hunters are op. We don't have an instant special nor is it aoe. We also get pulled out to third person then back to first person. Also our shots aren't that accurate at the low skill tree level. One thing I've done to help with that delay we get when we use our special is to jump into it. So I'm not just sitting there while I switch to golden gun.

Yep, the jump helps and is makes it look 10x cooler.

Spawnling

So I figure I should join up in the DestinyGAF group on bnet. What is the process? I will apply there and make this post here so folks know who I am over there.

Bnet Unique ID: spawn031
PSN Tag: Spawnling
GAF Name: Spawnling

Aces&Eights

Is someone making a code begging etc thread?

Seems like we should since it is already starting to come up in this thread.

It takes 3 minutes to do it on Amazon:

Go to Amazon.com
Select game
Select platform
Proceed to checkout
Checkout.

Check email, get code go to Bungie.net. Enter info.

Done.

It takes 3 minutes to do it on Amazon:

Go to Amazon.com
Select game
Select platform
Proceed to checkout
Checkout.

Check email, get code go to Bungie.net. Enter info.

Done.

Yes. I know, I have a bunch of keys. I am talking about for those who are asking.

Also, ugh waves? What the hell does that mean, the Alpha waves were a god damn mess.

Just read that if you pre-order on PSN then you'll get a beta invite via email or through PS3/PS4 message system. No need to register on Bungie's site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom