• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

*smh at third July Steam thread*

Going to weekly soon, eh?

On-topic, hope Kerbal Space Program eventually sees sub-$10 levels. It's been consistently 40% off for sales to $16.xx as long as I've been watching it, including yesterday. :/

I imagine it won't drop that low until it officially releases.

I sent him Bad Rats ;)

1261.gif

derExperte

$1? I can do that. The Samaritan Paradox is supposedly the best one in there btw.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lost Civilization -- MB-D4D8614A075B7D37
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-23FD2114109E0116
Legends of Persia -- MB-277D84E2444301F7 - Taken by Demon Lizardman. 2 entrants total.
A.I.M.2 Clan Wars -- MB-5A532B5DD8A16259
The Samaritan Paradox -- MB-39ABC4692DB2D8B9 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 4 entrants total.
Dead Effect -- MB-7BE3D1C291FBD28F - Taken by swx. 2 entrants total.

t1406051912z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
From what JaseC tells us, they do, sort of.
There's a magical button that a monkey presses and it spits out a new Steam key, or so I hear. At least that's what happens at SEGA. The problem JaseC and I had there was the monkey had been loaned out to write a sequel to Hamlet.

Haha, I hope publishers one day realise that there's money to be made in providing Steam keys for pulled games (where possible -- obviously licensed stuff and the like would be out of the question) to those who want them. "If I buy Virtua Tennis 2009 from Sega's own store and provide proof of purchase, can I receive a Steam key?" shouldn't be met with "We are unable to provide keys for games that are no longer available on Steam."

With The Club being returned to the store following GFWL's execution date being pushed back, I'd hope that Stormrise would be given the same treatment, but that's looking unlikely. It makes me wonder, though: Why The Club and not (also) the other GFWL game Sega pulled? Perhaps Sega intends to patch it out.

Another documentary, Us and the Game Industry, releases on Steam on the 29th also. The most prominent game/developer it features is Journey and thatgamecompany.

derExperte

For the new page:

$1? I can do that. The Samaritan Paradox is supposedly the best one in there btw.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lost Civilization -- MB-D4D8614A075B7D37
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-23FD2114109E0116
Legends of Persia -- MB-277D84E2444301F7 - Taken by Demon Lizardman. 2 entrants total.
A.I.M.2 Clan Wars -- MB-5A532B5DD8A16259
The Samaritan Paradox -- MB-39ABC4692DB2D8B9 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 4 entrants total.
Dead Effect -- MB-7BE3D1C291FBD28F - Taken by swx. 2 entrants total.

t1406051912z1.png

Hugstable

Banned
store page

release July 29th
$19.99 with 15% discount

UGUUUUUU!

I'm so happy right now omg. It's finally coming everyone! I'm gonna probably be buying multiple copies I need my SC on steam also!!!!! Gonna probably get my new background from here also until they decide to add Steins;gate to steam and allow me to get Makise Kurisu backgrounds.

I've never been so excited for a release before, and it comes so soon. What a surprise, best day ever for PC JRPG fans!

Easy_D

never left the stone age
What are those orb thingies in the inventory? Are they like Materia, in FF7?

Sure looks that way. God I love customizing characters like this.

Something like that. Every orb gives you passive abilities or stat boost but also elemental values. Certain combinations of thoses elements give you active skills you can use in combat. Every character has their won grid with certain properties. It's not as flexible as the materia system, but I enjoyed it a lot.

That sounds great

Hugstable

Banned
It feels like I just woke up from some dream knowing that TiTS is gonna be released so quickly by surprise. Only 7 days! 7 DAYS! This is gonna be the hardest 7 days ever lol.

Ventara

Here's my thoughts on the "off-topic" stuff.

Despite what some here dislike, there are games on Steam with anime-style, and they are just as much a part of Steam discussion as anything else is. There are games with alpacas, too. Saying you don't like discussions about them but are okay with other Steam stuff is pretty hypocritical.

And people aren't robots. We have opinions and thoughts we'd like to discuss, and that includes joking around, too. If you guys don't like it, might as well ask for a single locked thread where news is updated.

Of course, I understand where some might be coming from. There are times when a joke carries on for too long. In those cases, speak up, don't post about it after the fact, because that won't help at all. If you want to steer the conversation in another direction, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Don't just complain about it afterwards. No one here has a time machine to travel back in time and tell people to stop. And telling people what they can and can't discuss for the future is very restrictive and over-bearing of you.

tl;dr version: There are many types of people out there with different tastes. Trying to assimilate them through complaining and wishing how "this thread went back to normal" is both useless and cluttering up the thread. Taking a constructive approach would be much better.

Isn't Tits supposed to be a sequel? Is it playable without having played the previous games or will I be missing the story?
It's the first part. (FC) The sequel (SC) will come to Steam later. I'm not familiar with the entire series (Legend of Heroes) but Trails in the Sky doesn't require any previous knowledge.
What the fuck kinda consistency does sand have in Australia?
It's like tits.

Levyne

Banned
Isn't Tits supposed to be a sequel? Is it playable without having played the previous games or will I be missing the story?

No, this is the first game. It's part of the larger "The Legend of Heroes" series I suppose (not super well versed) but this is the first game of the Trails/Kiseki series. Second chapter (SC) will be the 2nd whenever we see that on steam.

Hugstable

Banned

It's the first chapter and it's a standalone story within it's own Legend of Heroes series I believe, I haven't played any other LoH games besides this one haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom