• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Ports/Remakes of last-gen games you'd buy for Wii?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Yeah, yeah... "original" is better and you're damn sick of games not taking full advantage of the system's capabilities and all that jazz, I know that.
Especially for Wii, since the system is already gettin' more than his fair share of shameless ports with waggle slapped on (Prince of Persia, Pitfall, JPN only RE0 and so on...).
BUT, among those crappy efforts, there are some I was indeed glad they've graced the system: games like RE4 Wii, Okami (yes I went there) and, hopefully, Dead Rising (not a last gen port though, so yeah...).

Looking at the latters made me think that some good can come out off these *GAME* Wii Edition.

Who knows, maybe we can make some publisher's brain click with our suggestions, right?
No chance in hell you say?
Ok, just for fun then.

Again, yes, Original IPs and/or games developed from the ground up for the hardware ARE BETTER, we're on the same page so there's no need to reiterate.

Now, back to the topic, I'll start with what I'd like to see
(let's say no more then two/three games per poster) and I'll try to mention something non-Nintendo because I'm sure plenty of people would go for some Prime 1 and 2 (heck I'd finally beat this game!) with the wiimote controls and some of the Cube games would be a no-brainer really... but we can only dream :)
If you see mentioned something you like by another poster before you then just say it, it'll make clear which game would be gettin' more attention around here.

Burnout 3 "Takedown Remix" Wii: great engine, amazing gfx to this day even for the PS2 version (tbh I even liked it better effects-wise to the latter bought X-Box version, strange I know). I can definitely see myself having tons of fun in Wii Wheel mode and a fleshed out online multi with what I still consider the best Burnout game around... I'm a bit ashamed to say that if they'd thrown in a couple of tracks from Revenge I'd even pay full price for it.

(not a bullshot)

Black+ Wii: yes, another Criterion developed game, another incredibile looking game that I loved. Give me an added level with a proper ending, another difficulty mode on top of the originals, some Prime3/Conduit/MHH2 controls mix and heck, even on-rail Lightgun mode if you guys care. Go with a budget price and it'll be mine day1!
Then you can go on and make Black2 if the game sells, I'd happily take even for a non-HD console like the Wii is, since to this day Criterion says rthere's no way they'll give the game a sequel :-/

(AA'd bullshot)

edit: we have succeded it seems :lol now gives us MOAR Nintendo!

Stitch

Gold Member
51ZAD7V8ZBL.jpg

twin snakes

always wanted to play it but never had a cube... i also never liked the first person aiming in mgs games so it should work much better with the wiimote :D

sphinx

the piano man
If there is a game that is begging to get a wiimake it is this one (pic not by me):

8564_the_legend_of_zelda_the_wind_waker_wii_edition-orig.png

Facts:

.- They owe us at least 2 dungeons.
.- While sailing, link should point the wind waker baton at the direction I am pointing to control the wind in real time and avoid the annoying requiem of winds or whatever it is called. I could then control the boat with th stick in the nunchuck.
.- for all other songs, I should actually move the controller with my hands.
.- they can always add a turbo nozzle to make the boat sail faster.
.-Wind waker has a TON of opportunities for improvement, more than any 3d Zelda.

Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic Heroes.

That is all.

I said my ideas for enhancements before, but if anyone feels like hearing them again, feel free to ask and I'll put them here. I didn't want to sound like a broken record. :p

Jigsaw

Banned
red dead revolver (think about the quick-draw shoot outs with wiimote+)

however the game would need more gore,like gun

sphinx

the piano man
brandonh83 said:
Wind Waker with more dungeons and baton-motion controls might make me love the game! As it is, I like it okay.

go!go!go!go!

let us all raise our voices to the heaven and may the power of the triforce enlighten Iwata and company to do the right thing: Windwaker Wii edition.

Hero of legend said:
Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic Heroes.

That is all.

I said my ideas for enhancements before, but if anyone feels like hearing them again, feel free to ask and I'll put them here. I didn't want to sound like a broken record. :p
are you a masochist?

Stitch said:
51ZAD7V8ZBL.jpg

twin snakes

always wanted to play it but never had a cube... i also never liked the first person aiming in mgs games so it should work much better with the wiimote :D

That shit needs to happen right now.

camineet

Banned
I am specifically interested in ports of last-gen & last-last-gen SEGA, NAMCO 3D arcade games for Wii. Anything that Wii can handle without downgrades. I wanna see ports of games from:

Namco
System 22
Super System 22
Gorgon / System 22.5
System 23
Super System 23
SEGA
Model 2
Model 3
NAOMI
Hikaru
NAOMI 2

Some games from these arcade boards could also use remakes, i.e.
Daytona USA, Tokyo Wars, Rave Racer, Air Combat 22, GunBlade NY, House of the Dead.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
No, they should release an MGS Twin Snakes, MGS2 and MGS3 compilation for Wii.

Also, I always wanted to play the Kingdom Hearts games. They should release a compilation in preparation for KH3. (Yeah, I went there.)

Also, Resident Evil 5, but that's probably already in the works.

D.Lo

Chibi-Robo (for the exposure if nothing else)
Metroid Prime 1+2 pack
Wind Waker with a 'wind change' shortcut, motion rudder control and tidied-up endgame.

Heck, even a 60fps Sunshine would be sweet for pointer-based water cannoning.

..pakbeka.. said:
are you a masochist?

Hey! Heroes may not have been as good as the Adventure games, but it was still far better than every home console game after that.

It had most of the Adventure elements that every game after lacked (emblems, original voice cast, etc).

A Wiimake can fix some of it's flaws, like how the characters move, I HATED how that even when you slightly tilt the control stick, they run at max speed. :mad:

That can be fixed in a Wiimake.

Azure J

evilromero said:
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes with the key hunt & some epic gate keeper boss. The game would be fucking perfect.

Fixed, but this, that Windwaker Wii mentioned earlier, Sonic Adventure redux+ & Super Mario Sunshine the way it was supposed to be (60 FPS, non-buggy, vibrant) = YES!!!11 ALL OVER MY FACE!!!!

KevinCow

Banned
Pretty much any game that involves shooting.

Specifically, off the top of my head:

Metroid Prime 1 and 2

256px-MetroidPrimebox.jpg
250px-Echoesboxart_%28Large%29.jpg

Together on one disc. I'd like to be able to play them with Corruption's controls.

Psi-Ops

Psi-Ops_-_The_Mindgate_Conspiracy_Coverart.png

Unlikely due to the lawsuit, but it would be fun to fling stuff (and especially people) around with the motion controls.

Time Crisis Collection

Time_Crisis_Coverart.png
Time_Crisis_II_Coverart.png
256px-Tcrisis3.jpg
Time_Crisis_-_Crisis_Zone_Coverart.png

I don't understand why this hasn't happened yet.

CTLance

Hmmmm...

Secret wet dream: Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Odin Sphere please.

...maybe .hack complete edition? How many DVDs would that even be?

Never gonna happen though.

Hence:
Just a random assortment of PS2 games would be fine with me. Preferrably some jRPGs, since Wii ain't exactly drowning in that stuff.

A Monster Hunter Prelude bundle (1&2) would be fine though, seeing as Wii will get MH3, a totally unknown franchise on that platform. Some background info would be appreciated.

Second Sight would be interesting.

Otherwise, there are hundreds of great looking/playing games that came out for the PS2/ Xbox that never made it to the Gamecube.

I don't see why some devs/publishers don't try to retro fit some of those onto the Wii.

Jag22

Banned
None.

Because I already played all the good games last-gen. Because I actually owned more than one console.

ivysaur12

Banned
Jag22 said:
None.

Because I already played all the good games last-gen. Because I actually owned more than one console.

Yeah, so did most people in this thread. There are just some games that would work well on the Wii.

Jag22

Banned
ivysaur12 said:
Yeah, so did most people in this thread. There are just some games that would work well on the Wii.
With my experience most games control worse on the Wii.

Okami would be my prime example.

TreIII

Viewtiful Joe 1+2 - Take the original two games, supe them up with more playable characters (everyone from the Red Hot Rumble game would be fair game, imo) and other engine enhancements, and that's pretty much it. I would gladly pay for such a combo pack, especially if it would do more to make a case for Viewtiful Joe getting a second chance.

Project Justice
- Great fighting game. It should be ported on that principle alone, but maybe with some enhancements, such as a better Create-a-Char, full-fledged "School Life" party mode board game, and maybe upgrading the textures and such, it could be great.

Tech Romancer
- Pretty much in the same boat as PJ. It's a great game, and I could only imagine it having more of a chance to make an impact if people actually have a chance to play it.

Power Stone 1+2 - If they could port it to PSP, SURELY they could do something for Wii. At least...if they couldn't be bothered to make a 3rd game (yet).

Virtual ON: Oratario Tangram - Sega wouldn't have to do anything but put the damn DC port on a Wii disc, and I would be on it like white on rice.

agrajag

Banned
I never owned a Gamecube, so I bought the Gamecube version of RE4 just before Capcom announced they were going to port it to the Wii with additional functionality. That pissed me off.

Edit: oh shit this thread is about which ports you WOULD buy.:lol

Hero of legend said:
Hey! Heroes may not have been as good as the Adventure games, but it was still far better than every home console game after that.
That's kind of like saying that AIDS may not be as good as terminal cancer, but its still far better than being impaled through the anus.

On topic: How about some original games to take advantage of the Wii, please.

Olaeh

kingdom_hearts_box_art.jpg
khfmplusbox.jpg

I agree with Htown. I think the potential is there. I'd be very surprised if this happened and SE didn't turn a substantial profit. If KH3 is in fact for Wii, then this should be a no brainer imo.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Jag22 said:
None.

I think most people in this thread, myself included, owned most if not all the main consoles from the 8-bit era to these days PS3/X360, doesn't mean some of those games we've played (or not) couldn't work better, or simply as good but in a different way, on Wii.
And they could make a fine addition to the system's library, since, you know, not everybody can keep all their consoles hooked up to the tv at anytime (or simply doesn't own them anymore).

Also, the games we're seeing mentioned the most are Gamecube ones, so what's you point?

Top Bottom