• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE selling off entire Pro-Wrestling Library...maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuklear

Banned
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...es-while-ufc-looking-at-acquiring-new-content

http://www.thewrap.com/warner-bros-in-talks-to-acquire-entire-wwe-library-exclusive/

The Wrap.com has an article that WWE is in talks of selling its entire pro wrestling library to Warner Brothers. The story said that neither side would comment on the story and that WWE is transitioning away from using its library. It indicated it was due to disappointing network subscriptions.

The news comes at the same time that UFC is paying significant money to acquire a number of MMA libraries. A source with knowledge of two content libraries that UFC doesn't own said that negotiations for purchasing them has reached significant amounts of money.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
wat

Sounds like total, total bullshit. WWE has literally been building its library for decades. The library is immensely valuable to WWE.

551%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20suit%20vince_mcmahon%20wwf.gif

Completely serious question, but has anything other than the wrestling product of WWF/WWE actually been successful? All I can remember are failures for every venture they have tried. Is Total Divas pulling numbers?

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Completely serious question, but has anything other than the wrestling product of WWF/WWE actually been successful? All I can remember are failures for every venture they have tried. Is Total Divas pulling numbers?

Total divas is on its third season right now. That's pretty good considering it's the WWE.

Total divas is on its third season right now. That's pretty good considering it's the WWE.

I'll be honest in saying that I assumed it would fail hard and plummet to the Earth. After all of their movies and whatnot, I'm glad something worked. I guess their toys have always done well(or at least used to). Maybe they really should have brought back the ice cream bars. It would be a cheaper and more safe venture than a lot of the other things they try.

I won't believe this until there's an official announcement, some distribution or licensing deal maybe but selling off their library? That just sounds ridiculous and insane.

Until there's any evidence, I put this in the same barrel of trash as people claiming AMC was going to buy the WWE a few months back.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
wat

Sounds like total, total bullshit. WWE has literally been building its library for decades. The library is immensely valuable to WWE.

Yeah arguably the library is the most important asset they have. Even if the current company went broke, they could still operate as a content/brand management company.

From reading another article or two, what this sounds like is dropping the internal home video department and outsourcing it to another company since the network and Netflix options are all but killing the home video market. It'd be similar to the video games where another company handles it all and they receive a license fee out of it.

Trojan X

Banned
I think WWE did it to themselves by rushing the networks. I made a thread about this a few months ago asking what do people really think of the network and from all the info I've gathered, it all boiled down to WWE not delivering to what they stated.

slit

Sell the library and then what? What does that accomplish? They get a short term cash flow. Unless they're going out of business.

Downhome

You'd have to be insane to believe that they would sell it, and they would be even more insane to do so. What a stupid story this was.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There is absolutely no truth to this story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom