• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Evil Within trailer

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Most of the trailer was stuff seen before in other stuff... Except for that scene with
the giant doll heads.

Launch trailer I guess.

Nah, it's part of their on-going trailer series that shows different elements of the game. First one was about scarcity of supplies, second one was about enemies, this one is about environments.

Launch trailer probably popping up in the next couple days though.

saher

Banned
3MrlH8P.jpg

A-Am scared ...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Why does the ammunition look so ridiculously big lol.

2014-10-1015_38_02-thqtu6f.png

Why does the ammunition look so ridiculously big lol.

2014-10-1015_38_02-thqtu6f.png

Holdover from the RE games and their huge ammo boxes I'm guessing. With all the crap going on in the backgrounds the last thing you want is to miss ammo or supplies because they were too small, of all things. But these are getting into DX: Human Revolutions levels of big.

So between this trailer and the one previous i feel like they've showed way too much of the game. Each trailer contains at least 2 jump scares, well they aren't jump scares anymore

Masterburger

Neo Member
I am way too excited for this game but I'm also very afraid of the end result. I've heard such mixed reactions and no one from the press seems to actually be excited about it. It's a bummer really, from what I've gathered from the trailers, this seems like the best thing Mikami has done since RE 4.

Shredderi

Looks pretty good. I'm kinda thinking that maybe I shouldn't have watched all these trailers as some of the impact of seeing some scenes/enviros in the actual game will be diminished. Lots of cool looking stuff though.

I cant believe how rough this looked not 6 months ago. The lighting looks very good now. This game has come along way and is looking incredible now. I have had this pre-ordered for awhile and these recent trailers afirm my purchase ten fold. Cant wait.

jacobeid

Banned
I didn't expect this even a month ago, but I'm in there day one. I can't resist Mikami.

By the way, any word on whether or not this game will have NG+ a la RE4?

This one may top Tomb Raider 2013 for most gruesome death scenes. :p

I think Resident Evil 4 was a lot more gruesome :p

Not censored, they just censor it in the trailers.

Extremely low quality screenshot taken from a low quality stream, but this is literally the first death scene you can get in the game: http://abload.de/img/2014-10-0917_32_16-thdrqss.png

Eeeeeew okay nevermind.
THAT'S GRUESOME.
I think gruesome deaths is what makes me affraid the most when playing such games. I couldn't finish RE4 when I was younger because of the head eaters in the castle.

Not watching anymore trailers, saw the one about the scarcity of supplies a while ago and feel like I'd be spoiling things a bit by watching more (even though I'm sure once it comes time to actually play the game, it won't really feel like watching stuff made a difference).

I think at this stage it's pretty much a given that this game is good/great. The impressions etc from the few people who have played it to completion basically confirm this...

Doesn't come out in Aus till the 16th for some reason. Can't wait to pick up my copy next Thursday night.

j0hnnix

I am way too excited for this game but I'm also very afraid of the end result. I've heard such mixed reactions and no one from the press seems to actually be excited about it. It's a bummer really, from what I've gathered from the trailers, this seems like the best thing Mikami has done since RE 4.

I agree.

When do the reviews start to come in?

Dusk Golem

I didn't expect this even a month ago, but I'm in there day one. I can't resist Mikami.

By the way, any word on whether or not this game will have NG+ a la RE4?

Has New Game+ confirmed officially by devs and by a few players who got the game early and have completed it. Also New Game+ has a chapter select. However, can't use New Game+ on difficulties higher than you've beaten, only difficulties you've beaten and lower.

Yonafunu

I still don't know how to feel about this game. It still doesn't look scary at all. I really hope the story does something interesting, because randomly changing environments is not scary, especially not without context.

jacobeid

Banned
Has New Game+ confirmed officially by devs and by a few players who got the game early and have completed it. Also New Game+ has a chapter select. However, can't use New Game+ on difficulties higher than you've beaten, only difficulties you've beaten and lower.

Thank you! Sorry for the most basic of questions, but to be honest I hadn't been following the game until recently :)

Dusk Golem

Thank you! Sorry for the most basic of questions, but to be honest I hadn't been following the game until recently :)

No worries~ No need to apologize, it's a valid question that has an answer, and I wouldn't say the most basic of questions. You wouldn't know that if you haven't been following closely.

antitrop

This trailer was pretty sweet, but I've already played survival horror games before.

Guess the Launch Trailer drops on Monday, can't wait for that.

This game looks so good. I'm such a chicken when it comes to scary games that I don't know if I can handle it, but I want to try. I'll probably have to play it on Easy :p

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Not censored, they just censor it in the trailers.

Extremely low quality screenshot taken from a low quality stream, but this is literally the first death scene you can get in the game: http://abload.de/img/2014-10-0917_32_16-thdrqss.png

Well i took that screenshot and it wasn't from a stream. It was from a youtube video, the first 30 minutes of the game, i put it also on the highest available quality.

It probably was just a bad recording but still...

Dusk Golem

Well i took that screenshot and it wasn't from a stream. It was from a youtube video, the first 30 minutes of the game, i put it also on the highest available quality.

It probably was just a bad recording but still...

Interesting, but I understand as YouTube compression and screenshotting from that, especially scenes in motion.

Dusk Golem

Also while the trailer has some area spoilers for those avoiding that, most of the footage is actually from the first three chapters of the game, for anyone curious. I don't think it shows too much, but might ruin a few environment surprises.

Top Bottom