• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs: Wii U release on November 18. Any info?

Wow. :/ Weren't they promising some good GamePad integration? EVERYONE wanted GamePad hacking but of course they seemingly neglected such an obvious idea.

At first Ubisoft did claim this but later on they changed those statements. Im surprise you can even use the touch screen for GPS controls.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I can't believe Ubi prevented the ability to take a screen shot. What a shitty developer they are.

udivision

It's pretty amazing that this game exists.

Oh well, that's the end of the big AAA 3rd party games on the Wii U, as far as we know, right? Not even FIFA or Madden have a home there.

Not with a bang, but a whimpering dog.

kunonabi

GamePad screen basically displays the map, but with touchscreen features. You can drag to pan around, zoom in/out with the slider on the right, add a GPS marker by pressing a spot for a second, and remove the GPS marker by tapping a cancel button. There's also a button to swap to off-TV play.

Such bullshit.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Among all the pre-orders held up front at Best Buy today (large amount of stacks for GTAV, Far Cry 4, and Dragon Age: Inquisition), there was one random WiiU game. When I peaked over and noticed it was Watch_Dogs, I tried my hardest to hold it in...

But..

nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

DVCY201

If I hadn't say that you would still be sprouting along without any hint of pic. At least you finally posted it even regardless of quality..

No. What I was doing was giving technical impressions while I watched story cutscenes, finding good locales to take pictures with my camera, only to have to get up, take said pictures, and then upload them to imgur. I am one guy. One guy on GAF who has this game right now. You could've had some patience.

scitek

It's pretty amazing that this game exists.

Oh well, that's the end of the big AAA 3rd party games on the Wii U, as far as we know, right? Not even FIFA or Madden have a home there.

Not with a bang, but a whimpering dog.

I'm honestly thinking about buying and not opening a copy to keep as a collector's item.

Watch Dogs Wii U |OT| Ubisoft parting gift

Watch_Dogs Wii U |OT| Console-ation prize...

No Miiverse screenshots? Either they've pushed out something glitchy they don't want catalogued, or they really don't want us to appreciate the amazing water.

jmizzal

Ubi disabled the ability to take screens of the game. Only way someone can do it is if they have screen capture hardware. We need the source of that image to know.

now that the miiverse for the game is up, maybe you can now post screen shots

So other people don't see how horrible the game will look? That's my guess.

On the flip side, the game won't get much publicity on MiiVerse because people can't post screens of the game. Ubi is really acting like they didn't want this game to exist, but because they didn't want the developers of the Wii U game to feel unjustified, they silently released the game hoping no one would play it. Thats the feeling I get

Robin64

Those are the ones that were up a while back, oddly.

Game doesn't look that good based on phone pics in this thread (ignoring the fact it's a phone pic)

Bydobob

PR or not the streets look distinctly more deserted than PC/X1/PS4. Key will be how it looks in motion. I'm expecting a fluctuating, tearing mess frankly, but would love to be proven wrong.

I may see if my local GameStop has any copies in & capture some footage since it seems to be something people want to see. Online says only one store in my region has a copy and it's about an hr away with low-stock. Wouldn't be too surprised if Ubisoft only shipped like 10k copies of this game.

FWIW every Best Buy in my area is showing stock, which means they have at least 4 copies per store. GameStop is notorious for low shipments of under-demanded/niche games.

daxgame

lol had forgotten about this. Yesterday an Amazon email tells me "sup! tomorrow your order will be home". It had already shipped and took 50€ off my credit card.
No way, Ubi. Had it sent back and got refunded. Will likely buy it, but certainly no more than 39€ at this point.

Effect

post-5516-0-96434100-1416333261_thumb.jpg

Got my copy.

Interesting. I thought physical copies of Darksiders 2 were no longer in production and it was digital only. That one has the Nordic Games logo too. Good choice of game though. I enjoyed it for the most part, and it ran well on the Wii U I felt.

Top Bottom