• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carn82

typical. I wasnt getting anywhere with my Thorn crucible bounty, so I kicked it. And of course, every Crucible match since has been going better ;P

Seep

So where is the PS4 exclusive gear at? I've got 2 30's a 29 with countless raid runs over 200 tigers nightfalls and weekly strikes yet not a single piece of gear or a sniff of a weapon.

What gives?

Carn82

So where is the PS4 exclusive gear at? I've got 2 30's a 29 with countless raid runs over 200 tigers nightfalls and weekly strikes yet not a single piece of gear or a sniff of a weapon.

What gives?

Buddy of mine had the Monte Carlo drop during the end of a strike just the other day. But it was the first time I've seen it, heh.

typical. I wasnt getting anywhere with my Thorn crucible bounty, so I kicked it. And of course, every Crucible match since has been going better ;P

I kicked the bounty originally and was going to again when I got to the crucible as I lost heart. But not rushing in and keeping back is the best way. Having a void machine gun is a great bet. I did have Atheins Epilogue which also helped and void walker for the Warlock. I'm so bad with shotguns and fusions though so I didn't bother using those. Got there in 7-8 games I think. The next part is a great pain though killing Xyor.

Steroyd

What gives?

RNGesus doing what he does best.

What gives?

I've not seen the armour but I've had Monte Carlo twice. No sign of Hawkmoon but seems a few peeps have it.

Ridwald

What gives?

Is there exclusive armor for PS4 ? I do know about the weapons (2) but it's the first time i hear about equipment ....

Carn82

I kicked the bounty originally and was going to again when I got to the crucible as I lost heart. But not rushing in and keeping back is the best way. Having a void machine gun is a great bet. I did have Atheins Epilogue which also helped and void walker for the Warlock. I'm so bad with shotguns and fusions though so I didn't bother using those. Got there in 7-8 games I think. The next part is a great pain though killing Xyor.

Yeah, I might attempt it again when I have Atheons Epilogue and a Warlock build.. it was the same for me, just not 'good enough' to get it done with my Hunter + void Comedian and void Swarm. I'm sure I would get there eventually, but I'dd rather spent that time doing something I enjoy a bit more. Like..farming mats, or something -_-

CaptDjob

Neo Member
The next part is a great pain though killing Xyor.

Not anymore, I think Bungie patched this one. At least I remember that there were no respawns before so team mate should revive you, now there is. Also its only "epic" modifier without anything else.

I first tried it few weeks ago, couldn't make it even from cheesing behind that rock on far left. Now we breezed it through playing normally without any problems. Something have changed. Also, now you need to hurt Phogoth to get those three ships to come.

So after Iron Banner, and upgrading ALOT of weapons, I've finally hit the glimmer cap, with nothing to spend it on.

Iron Banner, where you at?

Amazing how Glimmer went from useless to really necessary and back to useless again haha.

Wish item reforging was a thing for all non exotics.

Muz

Neo Member
I'm slowly starting to give up on this game...I mean, it's taken over my life in the last few months and I've loved it but after 400+hours, with all my friends hitting 30 I have been stuck on 29 on all 3 characters! I am yet to try a hard raid but unfortunately everyone setting one up seems to ask for 30's!

Two mates yesterday got to 30 having only played the game for 35 ish hours!

Obviously I will get the dlc but it's amazing they essentially designed a single random pve event (that only runs once a week) to be able to get you to 30. Iron banner helped but I only need the chest or helm on all my characters :(

Would be good to have a bit of luck tomorrow!

And if any kind folk will take a seasoned 29 titan for a hard raid this coming week (maxed raid weapons) I'd be very grateful.

Based in the UK - psn is: thekunjer

I'm still missing the following Exotic weapons:

• Gjallarhorn
  • Fate of All Fools
  • Monte Carlo
  • Hard Light
  • Pocket Infinity
  • Universal Remote
  • Red Death
  • Thunderlord
Will they ever drop? :(

Ridwald

• Gjallarhorn
  • Fate of All Fools
  • Monte Carlo
  • Hard Light
  • Pocket Infinity
  • Universal Remote
  • Red Death
  • Thunderlord

You can shorten your list a bit :)

Fate of all fools is not available yet and Pocket infinity is an exotic weapon bounty ^^ The rest is pretty much RNG though ...

I am missing from my exotic weapons: Super Good Advice, Hard Light, HAWKMOON
:'(
, Red Death, Gjallarhorn, Thunderlord, Patience and time ( should have bought it fomr Xur awhile back)

I am missing from my exotic weapons: Super Good Advice, Hard Light, HAWKMOON
:'(
, Red Death, Gjallarhorn, Thunderlord, Patience and time ( should have bought it fomr Xur awhile back)

I'm sorry, man. I've got three Hawkmoons from the raid (one of them was in a Gorgon chest, got the other two from Atheon on Hard) so I've maxed the first one and dismantled the other :/

Super Good Advice sucks (no stability), it's barely even worth doing the bounty.

Zakalwe

Banned
Fnar. I've now done the beginning and end of the raid, but I've missed the middle.

Managed to get a group of friends together (and one random who was passing, who I invited to my friends list) and we made it to the Templar Oracles before getting stuck and then running out of time that evening. And then the other night the same random who was now on my friends list invited me and I joined a group at the Atheon checkpoint. And WTF quite frankly, talk about sink or swim, I had literally no clue what I was doing and the assumption from the other guys in the group was that everyone who was level 28 or over (I'm 29) was raid experienced......nope!

After much bitching about n00bs, the group kicked a couple of other guys for being n00bs and got others in, I was able to avoid the purge luckily despite being no use at all initially. I was finally able to extract from the main guy exactly what the fuck was going on and what I needed to be doing. And we did it and I got Chatterwhite and Atheons Epilogue. And thats all. I was expecting more, but maybe you have to run through the whole thing.

Honestly, although I was pleased to have seen the end of the raid, I didn't have that much fun, but thats more to do with the guys I was playing with I think, I felt like a burden to them.

But I'm marginally more raid experienced now, ha!

Honestly, if you can't get a full group of real life friends then build a group from gaf and raid. Amost every raid experienced player here will be helpful and willing to actually teach you the encounter fully.

The content of your story is one of the main reasons I'm against raid matchmaking.

I'm slowly starting to give up on this game...I mean, it's taken over my life in the last few months and I've loved it but after 400+hours, with all my friends hitting 30 I have been stuck on 29 on all 3 characters! I am yet to try a hard raid but unfortunately everyone setting one up seems to ask for 30's!

Obviously I will get the dlc but it's amazing they essentially designed a single random pve event (that only runs once a week) to be able to get you to 30. Iron banner helped but I only need the chest or helm on all my characters :(

And if any kind folk will take a seasoned 29 titan for a hard raid this coming week (maxed raid weapons) I'd be very grateful.

Sure thing. Could easily build a group of raid vets to help introduce you to hard. Perfectly doable on 29.

Add me on psn: astropoff

I'm sorry, man. I've got three Hawkmoons from the raid (one of them was in a Gorgon chest, got the other two from Atheon on Hard) so I've maxed the first one and dismantled the other :/

Super Good Advice sucks (no stability), it's barely even worth doing the bounty.

Nah stupid RNG. Noting we can do about it. Maybe this week will be the week. Yeah i hear SGA is not that great but still gotta collect them all :p

Fistwell

Sure thing. Dunno when but we can certainly try to arrange something. I play with other EU people, we've been having a cple of 29s on hard raids and it's no bother (although it obviously is easier with all 30s). Feel free to add me on PSN (ZonySUX), I'm assuming you're on PS4?

Sure thing. Could easily build a group of raid vets to help introduce you to hard. Perfectly doable on 29.

If you guys wanna slap something together for tonight, my hunter still needs a few drops from hard. If you're all playing later this week I dont mind joining either. I do have you on my FL but I don't think we've ever played together.

but please i really need to do the raid and actually complete it for a change.
it seems i'm completely unable to find people doing the raid and i never get an invite... and when i do it's usually clueless people that have no idea what to do, so it's wipes galore :(
You should post in the raid thread. Also, same remark(s) as above, I do have you on my FL, we could try to play together sometime, maybe even get a team going with you, me, astro, muz, assuming we can find a time working for all (I can play weeknights gmt+1).

Edit: although... re-reading your post I'm not even sure you're in the market for hard.

Manp

hey guys, i have Hawkmoon :)

but please i really need to do the raid and actually complete it for a change.
it seems i'm completely unable to find people doing the raid and i never get an invite... and when i do it's usually clueless people that have no idea what to do, so it's wipes galore :(

Rixa

• Pocket Infinity

You can shorten your list a bit :)
Pocket infinity is an exotic weapon bounty ^^ The rest is pretty much RNG though ...

I did randomly chose my first exotic bounty and it was PI. PI is my first exotic weapon, no RNG needed.
Beside 10 rare fusion rifles, which you can buy from weapon dealer when (RNG) it has them.

Jinjo

I did randomly chose my first exotic bounty and it was PI. PI is my first exotic weapon, no RNG needed.
Beside 10 rare fusion rifles, which you can buy from weapon dealer when (RNG) it has them.

Lol, no RNG? What game do you think you're playing? It took me 10 exotic bounty rolls to get the exotic bounty set that contained Pocket Infinity. Which is insane (if you know a bit of chance calculation) if you think that there are only two possible exotic bounty sets. It's like a coin flipping tails 10 times in a row.

The next part is a great pain though killing Xyor.

I managed to solo this by stealthing it in the shrieker room and picking off the adds with my Icebreaker. You can see all foes from that room, bar the ones that hide by the ledge leading to Phogoth's level. It didn't even take that long which surprised me.

Spiders

Completen 2 hard raids with my 30's yesterday.

First run was a disaster. We had 3 30's and 3 29's and couldn't make it past the gatekeepers. When we got a 30 to sub for a 29 we completed it in only 2 tries. I got a lot of great stuff I didn't have yet (Fatebringer, raid gauntlets, Timepiece, Timebreaker and Thunderlord) but none of the 29's got the chest or helmet they needed to get to 30. As a final fuck you to them I got the raid helmet twice in the same drop...

Second run went a lot better. We completed it in 52 minutes with 4 30's and 2 29's but once again the 30's got the stuff the 29's needed.

I really hope they add a non-rng way to get to 32 in the new raid. Half my raid group has now been waiting for a chest or helmet to drop for several weeks, and if it weren't for Iron Banner I would still be waiting for gauntlets.

I'm glad to have woken up at 3AM for the flawless attempts. That was not part of the plan but it worked out well thankfully. Now I need lots of sleep.

If anyone is interested, I have the GK/Atheon portions recorded:

http://youtu.be/X1W0lncCoow

Also, I knew the run would go well when this happened at the beginning.

It really was a kick-ass sticky.

I wish I thought about saving the video of the run, but yours is pretty much perfect. Now we're just missing one of the inside of the timestream during the Atheon part.

There was was an update supposed to drop today wasn't there. Alright guys, place your bets, what's going to break today :p

Now seriously, I am pretty stocked, I wanna see what they do to tune the exotics. I wanna use my Bad Juju damnit

There was was an update supposed to drop today wasn't there. Alright guys, place your bets, what's going to break today :p

Now seriously, I am pretty stocked, I wanna see what they do to tune the exotics. I wanna use my Bad Juju damnit

My money's on an unintentional nerf to Gjallerhorn where Wolfpack rounds restore health to enemies.

Rixa

Lol, no RNG? What game do you think you're playing? It took me 10 exotic bounty rolls to get the exotic bounty set that contained Pocket Infinity. Which is insane (if you know a bit of chance calculation) if you think that there are only two possible exotic bounty sets. It's like a coin flipping tails 10 times in a row.

Ahem sorry my poor wording, I meant that doing bounty was no RNG expect that spoilerpart maybe.

Yeah right. They're never buffing the exotics

..... God I hope they buff the exotics.

Vault space upgrade -> people losing items left and right

blazeuk

I've noticed the same with the LFG websites and I'm really not sure why people insist on level 30 players for hard raid other than giving them the best chance of getting through it quickly, my main character has been stuck at 29 for a while now and I've gone through hard raid a few times no problem with a few 30's on the team. This week the group I did it with we helped a 28 through it and then they did the same for me with my alt character, it's not difficult enough to need a full team of 30's.

Jinjo

For a game so heavily dependent on RNG it's ridiculous they didn't add trading. I've gotten like 3 full Titan raid sets AFTER getting to level 30 already. Meanwhile there are other Titanbro's out there forever 29.

Zakalwe

Banned
I've noticed the same with the LFG websites and I'm really not sure why people insist on level 30 players for hard raid other than giving them the best chance of getting through it quickly, my main character has been stuck at 29 for a while now and I've gone through hard raid a few times no problem with a few 30's on the team. This week the group I did it with we helped a 28 through it and then they did the same for me with my alt character, it's not difficult enough to need a full team of 30's.

It's because many LFG groups fail or take too long. Too many players there not really invested in a community and just pushing on through not listening or learning.

Gaf players are much better in general simply because we're all in it together and willing to help each other.

LFG groups probably want to up their chances of a successful run by favourably modifying the variables that can be modified.

RemiLP

And then the other night the same random who was now on my friends list invited me and I joined a group at the Atheon checkpoint. And WTF quite frankly, talk about sink or swim, I had literally no clue what I was doing and the assumption from the other guys in the group was that everyone who was level 28 or over (I'm 29) was raid experienced......nope!

Haha, i pretty much had the exact same experience my first times :p Joind a random group and they were all RL friends, so all communication was about their daily life, and not about the game at all. Second time i found a group on LFG, and NOBODY said anything at all.

I had NO idea wtf was going on, and nobody told me since they assumed i knew ( i didnt ask either, so thats my fault). I was pretty much just shooting aliens in the face, and trying to keep up with the guy next to me. Learned enough by watching the others to get decent understandong of what we needed to do tho.

Jumping was the worst part hehe. didnt even know where i was going, but magically completed it after like 10 minutes of jumping to my death. Failed at gatekeepers both times, completed the raid on my third attempt when i finaly joined a group that talked and explained stuff.

deicide2673

Neo Member
As a group we regularly complete the hard raid with 3 30's and 3 29's. It is harder no doubt but very doable.
We completed one last night with 3 30's, 2 29's and a 28. The gatekeeper was tricky(we did consider changing the team, but did it in the end) everything else was fine.

I can see why teams want to speed through with 6 30's but as a group we are more than happy to get 29's through so they can get their drops.

My final character did the raid for the first time last night at 29 and I got a full set of raid gear to drop and with 2 helmets - very lucky:)

Muz

Neo Member
Honestly, if you can't get a full group of real life friends then build a group from gaf and raid. Amost every raid experienced player here will be helpful and willing to actually teach you the encounter fully.

The content of your story is one of the main reasons I'm against raid matchmaking.

Sure thing. Dunno when but we can certainly try to arrange something. I play with other EU people, we've been having a cple of 29s on hard raids and it's no bother (although it obviously is easier with all 30s). Feel free to add me on PSN (ZonySUX), I'm assuming you're on PS4?

If you guys wanna slap something together for tonight, my hunter still needs a few drops from hard. If you're all playing later this week I dont mind joining either. I do have you on my FL but I don't think we've ever played together.

You should post in the raid thread. Also, same remark(s) as above, I do have you on my FL, we could try to play together sometime, maybe even get a team going with you, me, astro, muz, assuming we can find a time working for all (I can play weeknights gmt+1).

Edit: although... re-reading your post I'm not even sure you're in the market for hard.

Wow - I have been a Gaf member for a long while and am more of a browser than poster... using LFG has been pretty awful so I assumed it wouldn't be a lot different anywhere else but wanted to post before I gave up on the community...so thank you guys.

I think it does highlight the lack of social features in destiny that it's so difficult to get a group together...surely the tower could be better utilised to highlight players looking for groups/ready to raid etc?

I will add you tonight and perhaps we can sort out a hard raid at some point this week or weekend? Pretty much anytime from 8pm (GMT) is good

Thanks again...now hopefully i'll get that bloody titan helmet! :)

Steroyd

-_-'

I keep all my shit in the vault because I swap it in and out all the time. That would fucking blow.

Same here, I've got so many duplucates I only have to switch my Gjallarhorn between my alts, but seeing how Bungie can nerf weapons by accident... Yeeeaaaah my Warlock is holding onto it till after the patch, if they're going to "buff" the vault space.

FyreWulff

I would think Bungie, of all companies, would have a backup of everyone's data before each big patch is pushed out. Just sayin'.

I mean, they STILL have all of our old Halo data on Bungie.net, and when they put the Halo side into stasis, I actually got to watch my Halo 3 fileshare update itself through time, like they were progressively restoring data from backups. They're data hoarders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom